Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 112 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1871
    Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    You seem to be focused on over .500 win percentage to be eligible for the hall of fame, I am not.

You need to make a rational argument on why someone with a under .500 win record should not be considered for the HOF, you are the one questioning if Bochy should even be in he HOF, maybe this discussion belongs in a HOF thread, not a GDT thread seeing as you want to discuss 23 years of games.

Please address a manger that built teams from lousy w/l records to teams with winning records and then took them to the WS is not to be considered because of losses during the building phase.

Please address a manger who excels at in game strategy and team building and gets a group to perform beyond the "measured whole" has no value.

Please tell us why a manger with almost zero clubhouse issues with players that those relationships aren't relative because they can't be measured by win loss record.

Please also address why you wouldn't consider a Managers post season management record and decisions for a lifetime award, where Bochy has excelled.

For bonus points imagine how Bochy would have managed the Dodgers staff in their postseasons and think if he could have done better than Mattingly or Roberts and if so would the Dodgers have more WS rings.

It would be helpful to also only look at reviewing current trends and instead using W/L records, innings pitched and then ERA for the CY young.

For hitting we probably should only look at AVG and RBI for hitting, for fielding probably only fielding percentage for evaluating fielders.

We should probably look at how a player performs down the stretch for MVP and give that more weight andif the were able to maintain a consistent AVG, RBI pace and HR pace for a year with negative weight to declining months for lack of consistency.

Please start a new thread and get the mods to move these post there.
    I think your misrepresenting my position, I never said he shouldn't be considered, it's just interesting that his place in the hall of fame comes down to his team got hot a couple a few times at the most convenient time. So he should be in the hall of fame.

Also, manager of the year award doesn't mean anything in any sport.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Bucky Harris went in as a Manager, not a player
    Bucky Harris 2,158 2,219 .493
    My bad, I was talking about the last two I listed. I know the first two went in as managers.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Slugfest in Chicago
    The Phillies and Cubs had a 23-22 game in 1979.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Damn.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Damn.

Add in Kela's crap, and their bullpen is a mess.

That is super interesting.

since the year 2000... catchers to throw out 40 plus guys and hit 25 plus home runs.... 1... JT Muto

God I love this guy... one because he is good and 2 because... I am straight but if i was gay he would be my go to guy... : ) Just so dreamy

wanna hear an insane stat... phillies are the only team to never be at 500 or under 500 this year : )... we suck but damn lol

The Phillies are the only team that has maintained a winning record since Game #1 of the 2019 season.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    since the year 2000... catchers to throw out 40 plus guys and hit 25 plus home runs.... 1... JT Muto

God I love this guy... one because he is good and 2 because... I am straight but if i was gay he would be my go to guy... : ) Just so dreamy
    Fiancé and I are getting married 10/10/20. We’re getting engagement pics/save the dates done next month and she thought of us each wearing Eagles jerseys of Jackson and then her son a Dawkins one. I liked that but wanted to rep all sports. I made it a point to be JT because he’s just so dreamy. Leclair, Realmuto, Dawkins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Damn, Culberson may have just lost an eye.

Still in tact, broke his face though.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Damn, Culberson may have just lost an eye.
    Ump somehow called it a strike too.... I don't know how. He had pulled the bat back trying to get out of the way, yet strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Ump somehow called it a strike too.... I don't know how. He had pulled the bat back trying to get out of the way, yet strike.
    There have been a lot of bad calls today it seems, our pitchers couldnt buy a strike call on balls half in the zone if not all the way, and now watching this mil/stl game the ump just called a ball on a curveball right down the middle of the strike zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    It was correctly called. He didn't pull it back. At least from the angle I saw.

https://twitter.com/Supreme_gifs/sta...00353962291200

Dave Roberts sucked tonight.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward