Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1424

Thread: August MLB GDT

also the irony... will smith just ****ed philadelphia : (

Ryan Howard haunted MTM for the past nine years. Heís now passed the torch to Will Smith for the foreseeable future.

Turned it on just in time to see Will Smith's 2 run single lol

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Gallen is really good. That was a nice trade for the DBacks. Marlins taking a swing on a high upside SS prospect isnít a bad idea either. Have a feeling the DBacks got a steal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They needed to get some infield prospects, and did a great job with those trades. I also don't think they will give up pitching they will miss. You can never have enough, but they come pretty close. Chissholm could be a cornerstone for them in their lineup and on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yordan Alvarez is a beast. That's all.
    That guy has a fantastic approach, and he launched bombs all during Friday and Saturday BP. What a hitter.

Also, Correa launched one that landed in the Astros pen, and came in so hot in bounced over the wall and into the monument area, officially tracked at 474 feet, the longest HR at OPACY under Statcast.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yordan Alvarez is a beast. That's all.
    He is, though I'm not to upset the dodgers traded him since at the time they had JUST signed him, and there was no telling if he would have been the same player had the dodgers been in charge of his development, plus he has no defensive home.

That said I would rather have him than not have him, but that's not the trade that bothers me.

It's really fitting that Hunter Strickland became a Washington National.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    It's really fitting that Hunter Strickland became a Washington National.
    Thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Ryan Howard haunted MTM for the past nine years. Heís now passed the torch to Will Smith for the foreseeable future.
    i got so triggered when it happened i started listening to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y983TDjoglQ

Why does it have to be you guys... I have been nothing but good... I dont talk trash : ).... I dont gloat : ) But nomatter what its always the ****ing giants... Holy **** i hate your team lol... Worst part i just knew you and ****ing spliff were smiling and it made it 1000 times worse.

As soon as i seen smith batting i said this ****ing prick will hit a home run watch.... It was just as bad.

I was def smiling (and imagining you shutting the TV off in a rage).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I don't see the giants making a one year 18 million dollar offer. Lets say he accepts though, and regresses or gets hurt.
    No it looks like the giants blew it with him.
    You could argue keeping Bum so they could attach a pick, to depress his market and try to resign him for cheaper could be their strategy, but it just doesn't make sense with Will Smith.
    This strategy also assumes that if Smith is offered a QO and declines that he wont just wait until mid season like Kimbrel.
    Not trading him was a pretty massive risk on Zaidi's part.

Dude we never know what packages teams actually offer for players, since GM's never come out and show us the offers, but if you want to pretend the giants didn't get any offers for the best starter and reliever on the market that's fine.
    None of the teams looking for pitching / closers wanted to trade much for non controllable assets. Your assumption is the Giants are not relative for the next 5 years and need to trade everyone.

First an foremost the SF giants are in the entertainment business and they want butts in the seats to continue generating revenue and eyes / ears on ads. So that is their first goal as a business is to keep sales up, income up. Any mix of players that keeps butts in seats is the correct business decision. You confusing a pure baseball decision with a business decision.

The team played well in July and Farhan has stated from day 1 that he wanted to play competitive this year and in the future, that he wasn't doing a tear down.

The Giants could plan on making an offer next year, maybe they lose him, maybe he helps win a game or too and the fans stay engaged. There are close to 50 games left, the Giants are 2-3 games out of the WC, the games were relevant to the Phillies over the weekend.

Look at the Dodgers their bullpen is so deep and strong they didn't need to make any significant moves, you can plan a parade for the foregone conclusion; yet the Astros went out and got a controlable pitcher for the price.

Gleyber Torres just hit his 13th HR vs Baltimore this yr.
    Yanks have 59 as a team in 17 games vs Baltimore.

The Marlins have hit 99 HRs in 117 games all year.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3;33096241[B
    ]None of the teams looking for pitching / closers wanted to trade much for non controllable assets.[/B] Your assumption is the Giants are not relative for the next 5 years and need to trade everyone.

First an foremost the SF giants are in the entertainment business and they want butts in the seats to continue generating revenue and eyes / ears on ads. So that is their first goal as a business is to keep sales up, income up. Any mix of players that keeps butts in seats is the correct business decision. You confusing a pure baseball decision with a business decision.

The team played well in July and Farhan has stated from day 1 that he wanted to play competitive this year and in the future, that he wasn't doing a tear down.

The Giants could plan on making an offer next year, maybe they lose him, maybe he helps win a game or too and the fans stay engaged. There are close to 50 games left, the Giants are 2-3 games out of the WC, the games were relevant to the Phillies over the weekend.

Look at the Dodgers their bullpen is so deep and strong they didn't need to make any significant moves, you can plan a parade for the foregone conclusion; yet the Astros went out and got a controlable pitcher for the price.
    No, they didn't want to pay the price the giants asked for, the redsox went out and got Cashman for instance. The A's acquired Tanner Roark who's a free agent. They also traded for Jake Diekman and Homer Baily, who are also free agents.
    The Nats got Daniel Hudson.

Teams were interested in pitching rentals with no future control.
    They weren't interested in paying the giants price.

It's hard to play competitive in the future when you have expiring valuable assess you don't trade. He really CAN'T do a full tear down even if he wanted to, since basically all the players on long term contracts don't have much trade value.

The teams been hemorrhaging fans for a while now, they're not going to keep them when they get bad and the sooner they get good the sooner they get them back. And how engaged are the fans going to be as the team slips out of contention down the stretch?

Zaidi made a bet on the recent performance of the team and lost. That's what happened.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 08-12-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Wow. Tatis just made a ridiculous leaping grab to rob Aguilar.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Wow. Tatis just made a ridiculous leaping grab to rob Aguilar.
    So much swag too.

Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast