Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2019 Season

Trade market could be more for shaw, but if I need to move 1 guy, I look to move Aggy before shaw. Shaw is more versatile to me. He can play 1st or 3rd so you have more flexibility when roster building in the future.

Depends on your outlook for the players. I like Aggy a lot better at the plate (despite the statistics I know!). I also think we're a bit overloaded with lefty power hitters so having a good right handed bat is a necessity.

But if we're talking longer term, that's not really the case. Yeli is the only lefty inked long term, assuming your scenario to move shaw. Moose and thames are FAs. Braun and Cain are still around. Grandy is a FA but a switch hitter anyhow. Hiura is a righty and in for the long haul. Arcia is a righty but hes not a guy you really focus on his bat though.

And I just think it's more likely shaw turns it around. Even in his "down" year last year he ended up having a pretty solid year. Aggy has had one really hot half of a season, and one decent half (1st half of last year was great, and 1st half of the year before was pretty good). But hes had struggles beyond that.

I am strictly looking at this season solely on the basis of how our contracts are structured. This season we need Aggy more. Next season we can explore adding another lefty if necessary.

I agree Shaw's stats, especially his walk rate, are more favorable than Aguilar. However I'm basing my opinion strictly on the eye test and who more consistently makes solid contact and has solid at bats. Jesus also seems to have a much higher ceiling.

I am trying to think of a way we can trade our pitching surplus and maybe Shaw to a re-building team for a top of the rotation arm. I can't quite make anything work all the way.

Burnes and Agi to White Sox for Abreu and Colome
    Anderson to the Yankees for Chad Green and a prospect
    Travis Shaw and Gio to the Rays for Daniel Robertson and a prospect

We get a run producer, bullpen help, and some pieces for next year or to go after MadBum or Stroman

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456