Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Season

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    I don't see why we'd look to trade Braun unless we're trying to cut payroll. We need his bat. He's been basically as good offensively as Yelich since the All-Star break. Its a huge reason why I complain so much about Braun getting off days. Not only do I believe it does no good, but its clear Braun is a far better hitter when he's getting regular at bats. Notice how each of the last two seasons he started to turn things around when he was forced into more regular playing time.

I don't understand the "maintenance" days attitude. Does that actually do him any good? If he's hurt and he needs to sit I'm fine with that, but I don't see how giving a guy a day off actually helps, and its costing us games.
    Anecdotally, I think we've seen Braun get banged up when playing every day. Stuff like his back, oblique and thumb tend to flair up when he plays alot. I have no issue giving him days off.

And I think having him miss a game every couple of days is probably better than having him miss 10-15 straight games. And it's not like were giving those at bats to chumps. Both gamel and Grisham are decent hitters. It's one thing if we're giving him days off to get Orlando arcia more at bats.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 08-29-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Anecdotally, I think we've seen Braun get banged up when playing every day. Stuff like his back, oblique and thumb tend to flair up when he plays alot. I have no issue giving him days off.

And I think having him miss a game every couple of days is probably better than having him miss 10-15 straight games. And it's not like were giving those at bats to chumps. Both gamel and Grisham are decent hitters. It's one thing if we're giving him days off to get Orlando arcia more at bats.
    Wasn't he hurt plenty of times last year despite the rest? So I'm okay with rest once in a while, but in critical games against the Cardinals? 2/3 games in a critical series? No one needs that much rest!

He's also had back and thumb issues this season too. He just takes a break when he feels them start to flare up. Not sure why we can't just take that same approach all season.

I think the Braun rest is pretty spot on. He is performing when in and I think part of it is workload. Also I think their entire squad has a bunch of 6 hitter types now and need some more middle of the order guys. Moose, Braun I love hitting 6th but neither are 3-4 hitters imo. The starters workload is hard for me because I think CC is in a very hard place. No late inning options other than Hader, rest of pen is 6th inning types middle inning types. Starters have gotten shelled in the 6th inning so often he probably knows when it's best to pull guys. Houser will and Woody had his trust to go past 5 innings and not get pulled at first sense of trouble...but Davies and others very rarely are effective for more than 6 at best. About 3-4 starts a year..the problem has been the offense hasn't had many big run outbusts to give guys like Anderson chances to pitch past one on and the tying run coming up

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I think the Braun rest is pretty spot on. He is performing when in and I think part of it is workload. Also I think their entire squad has a bunch of 6 hitter types now and need some more middle of the order guys. Moose, Braun I love hitting 6th but neither are 3-4 hitters imo. The starters workload is hard for me because I think CC is in a very hard place. No late inning options other than Hader, rest of pen is 6th inning types middle inning types. Starters have gotten shelled in the 6th inning so often he probably knows when it's best to pull guys. Houser will and Woody had his trust to go past 5 innings and not get pulled at first sense of trouble...but Davies and others very rarely are effective for more than 6 at best. About 3-4 starts a year..the problem has been the offense hasn't had many big run outbusts to give guys like Anderson chances to pitch past one on and the tying run coming up
    Braun has an OPS over 1.000 since the All-Star break. He definitely should be in the middle of the order right now. He's been far better than Moose. (granted Braun is batting .457 when batting 6th so I'm okay with it). Beyond just Braun, baseball players hit better when they're playing every day so I don't understand why we rest guys so often. I don't think its any benefit to the team outside of a platoon type scenario.

Season was virtually over anyways, but we are in the must get hot stretch and without hiura, Moose, Cain and braun. Not sure we have anything close to the firepower to even hang anymore. Hiura is done for at least 10 days and the other three could at least be a few days.

A couple weeks ago at the Nationals Saturday game, my friend would've had the 9th inning Ryan Braun home run if he had moved to his right. The fan who got it almost threw it back on the field, but they didn't, and it turned out Braun wanted it back and gave them an autographed bat. I've kept an eye out and never saw anything statistically significant about that. I was wondering if any of you heard anything from your broadcast team about it

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    A couple weeks ago at the Nationals Saturday game, my friend would've had the 9th inning Ryan Braun home run if he had moved to his right. The fan who got it almost threw it back on the field, but they didn't, and it turned out Braun wanted it back and gave them an autographed bat. I've kept an eye out and never saw anything statistically significant about that. I was wondering if any of you heard anything from your broadcast team about it
    IIRC that was a multi-HR game and I know he is pretty high up the list for Brewers for multi-HR games.

This team is just missing something compared to last season, and I don't necessarily think its a talent issue. There's just an it factor we don't have. Was joking with a friend that Travis Shaw was going to get hot and carry us in September...then I wanted his at bat in the 9th yesterday. Good morning, good afternoon, and goodnight. Pretty sad. Then Perez did the same garbage in the 10th. Its one thing to fail, but to look so pathetic in key situations is really frustrating to me.

I also think the ball is playing a huge impact on the league this season. It really bothers me, this has been the most boring season of baseball I ever remember. So many homeruns. So many strikeouts. Part of the blame can be analytical, but a huge factor is the change in ball. I really despise Manfred. He is ruining the game with this whole "pace of play" nonsense and increasing the scoring output. If you want to make the game more entertaining we need to find a way to get more balls in play, increase action on the bases, cut down the strikeouts. If anything, making it harder to hit homeruns would help.

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    This team is just missing something compared to last season, and I don't necessarily think its a talent issue. There's just an it factor we don't have. Was joking with a friend that Travis Shaw was going to get hot and carry us in September...then I wanted his at bat in the 9th yesterday. Good morning, good afternoon, and goodnight. Pretty sad. Then Perez did the same garbage in the 10th. Its one thing to fail, but to look so pathetic in key situations is really frustrating to me.

I also think the ball is playing a huge impact on the league this season. It really bothers me, this has been the most boring season of baseball I ever remember. So many homeruns. So many strikeouts. Part of the blame can be analytical, but a huge factor is the change in ball. I really despise Manfred. He is ruining the game with this whole "pace of play" nonsense and increasing the scoring output. If you want to make the game more entertaining we need to find a way to get more balls in play, increase action on the bases, cut down the strikeouts. If anything, making it harder to hit homeruns would help.
    There is no doubt that last year just felt different, but to me guys having drastic dropoffs is clearly a reason. Also, the dropoff from starters to replacements is huge and then just the injuries to starters, the amount of games missed has made it hard to get on a run or establish a streak of say 15 out of 20 wins.

I mean Shaw, Aggy, Chacin, Cain, Jeffress especially the last three were phenomenal all year and Aggy carried the team half the year..this year have been brutal. No one has been able to do anything substantial for a long period of time since May. Moose has been dpretty good but Grandal has fallen off. Then add in Burnes and no real late inning pen options....It really is more than an 'it factor.' Woodruff injury was really the final blow imo. He was having a great year and with eveyr other starter being meh at best most starts it's no wonder and really kind of shocking this team is still in the race (though I think they have about a 2 percent chance in my mind of making a run).

Alot of guys over achieved last year. And it still took a super hot stretch to win the division. Last year was a ton of fun and this year has been semi disappointing. But this version of the team is probably more representative of who we are as a team. Perhaps we should be a little better, but as a whole, this is probabky fairly accurate. We have guys capable of getting hot at the plate and on the mound, but we just lack guys who are just consistently good outside of yelich and possibly hiura.

Alot of guys over achieved last year. And it still took a super hot stretch to win the division. Last year was a ton of fun and this year has been semi disappointing. But this version of the team is probably more representative of who we are as a team. Perhaps we should be a little better, but as a whole, this is probabky fairly accurate. We have guys capable of getting hot at the plate and on the mound, but we just lack guys who are just consistently good outside of yelich and possibly hiura.
    Nothing like that really... The season hasn't even started yet and you call it "semi disappointing"... A team has priorities in what to it can do and the FO did all in its power to keep up with the tasks...

What they did then?

1. In reviewing the previous season, they concluded that we should have another "big" in order to rotate the team and keep it going during the ECF... So they signed Rolo...
    2. The team should stay under the lux tax threshold for this and the next season, cause there is Giannis contract renewal coming... so they've set priorities on who to resign, they couldn't keep Mirotic and had to choose the cheaper between Hill & Brogdon, therefore letting Brogdon & Snell go was no brainer... especially since it brought picks back that can be used on trades as to upgrade the team...
    3. They had no cap space to spend on other than min. contracts, so they filled the roster with the best of the min.contracts that were available in the market...

What they will be doing now?

1. They'll make sure that what we are left with, will be better than last season... Meaning Giannis, Thanasis, Khris, Brolo & Ilyasova adding the experience they'll gain after having been trained and competed for the world cup and also they'll be working to accelerate the progress of our youth on DDV, Brown, Connaughton and Bender...

2. They'll do anything in their power to make back through trades the loss of Brogdon and Mirotic in order to at least can pick from where last season ended and after they do, they'll look for more trades -within the financial limitations that exist- in order to improve the roster a step further ahead from last season...

Therefore let's look to take advantage of the NETs being desperate to add a PF/sbCF in order to fill their roster up (for which they have very limited choices) and send them Ilyasova (now that we have replaced him with Rolo) in order to land back Dinwiddie, (so that we can make back what we lost with Brogdon's departure) and we move on from there after we've set the priorities from now on...

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Nothing like that really... The season hasn't even started yet and you call it "semi disappointing"... A team has priorities in what to it can do and the FO did all in its power to keep up with the tasks...

What they did then?

1. In reviewing the previous season, they concluded that we should have another "big" in order to rotate the team and keep it going during the ECF... So they signed Rolo...
    2. The team should stay under the lux tax threshold for this and the next season, cause there is Giannis contract renewal coming... so they've set priorities on who to resign, they couldn't keep Mirotic and had to choose the cheaper between Hill & Brogdon, therefore letting Brogdon & Snell go was no brainer... especially since it brought picks back that can be used on trades as to upgrade the team...
    3. They had no cap space to spend on other than min. contracts, so they filled the roster with the best of the min.contracts that were available in the market...

What they will be doing now?

1. They'll make sure that what we are left with, will be better than last season... Meaning Giannis, Thanasis, Khris, Brolo & Ilyasova adding the experience they'll gain after having been trained and competed for the world cup and also they'll be working to accelerate the progress of our youth on DDV, Brown, Connaughton and Bender...

2. They'll do anything in their power to make back through trades the loss of Brogdon and Mirotic in order to at least can pick from where last season ended and after they do, they'll look for more trades -within the financial limitations that exist- in order to improve the roster a step further ahead from last season...

Therefore let's look to take advantage of the NETs being desperate to add a PF/sbCF in order to fill their roster up (for which they have very limited choices) and send them Ilyasova (now that we have replaced him with Rolo) in order to land back Dinwiddie, (so that we can make back what we lost with Brogdon's departure) and we move on from there after we've set the priorities from now on...
    This is the Brewers thread ding-dong, not the Bucks.

But even if we did exceed expectations a year ago, the bigger problem is that in a year where the Cubs have also been really poor we couldn't take advantage. We didn't need to win 96 games this season to win the division, saying we took a step back is an understatement. And while guys have stepped back we also added bats like Huira, Grandal, a full season of Moose, Yelich has improved, etc.

Stats/Talent aside this team IMO just never had the same positive outlook as last year's team. They seem depressed half the time, overwhelmed even. It seems like a lot of players are caving to pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    This is the Brewers thread ding-dong, not the Bucks.
    My favorite thing is he said I'm on his ignore list for being an idiot, and he's clearly searching my posts out specifically and trying to find me since I haven't been posting on the bucks forum. Guy seems pretty desperate doesn't he. I've checked the bucks forum here and there but not near as much as I used to. I'd imagine he's posting trade ideas over there every day and I can just picture him seething at his computer since no one is there to refute him besides MILLERHIGHLIFE, who's back now.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 09-03-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast