Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins Sign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

No contract details yet. He was arguably the QB left available. He can obviously go crazy some games and then easily lose you games. The players will always love him because he gives his playmakers a chance, but that's what scares me about him. He can easily lead us to a few meaningless wins this year.
    Last edited by Wrench; 03-17-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Dolphins signed Ryan Fitzpatrick, formerly of the Bucs, to a two-year, $11 million contract.

Very happy with this. Either as a bridge or backup, 5M is very solid for a starter that can win you (also lose lol) any game.
    BRUH

2 year 11 million. Basically backup money.

Miami is giving its new quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick a two-year, $11 million deal with incentives that could boost it to between $17 and $20 million, per source.

Fitzpatrick, 36, was 2-5, 17 TDs, 12 INTs, career-best 100.4 passer rating for TB last year.

Dolphins main plan this year is to be slightly competitive and set themselves up to move up next year if they need to. This move probably eliminates the comp pick we get from Cam. I understand the move but I dont like it. Fitzpatrick can easily lose a bunch of games but I think this puts us at a 4-5 win team. It also costs a lot and risks too much.

Now sign Matt Moore and we have the best 2 gunslinging backups in the league

2 year 11M means we only lose the 7th rounder for Bolden as its under 6M AAV. If he earns enough though incentives its possible we lose the 5th rounder from Wake (Would then gain the 7th back though). Dude to his amount of seasons played no matter his incentives we can't lose the 3rd rounder for JJ.

Tanny out
    FitzMAGIC in

Oh its gonna be MAGICAL. Lol

https://youtu.be/FGAzsPPpV2E

Our offense isnt nearly as good as Tampas offense. But all I see happening now is getting the 9th pick and everyone just saying the dolphins need to trade up for the 1st pick only to watch that team take Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Our offense isnt nearly as good as Tampas offense. But all I see happening now is getting the 9th pick and everyone just saying the dolphins need to trade up for the 1st pick only to watch that team take Tua.
    Fitz plays well but doesn't end up winning games. He is going to be fun to watch but doubtful we win too many games. He has four 400 yard plus games last year and was 2-5 last year in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Fitz plays well but doesn't end up winning games. He is going to be fun to watch but doubtful we win too many games. He has four 400 yard plus games last year and was 2-5 last year in total.
    His play dropped off after those first few games but weve seen enough from Fitzpatrick to expect some crazy stuff. He lost those 5 games with a terrible coaching staff and defense. If you expect the coaching staff to be good then this can easily help him get a few meaningless wins.

Team was going to win a few even if Rudock was the QB. Fitz is a great qb to be a mentor though. I'm good with the signing.

the move makes sense, and the money is fine. at least it gives us something exciting to watch. Stills, Grant and Wilson are going to love this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    the move makes sense, and the money is fine. at least it gives us something exciting to watch. Stills, Grant and Wilson are going to love this guy!
    Yes they are and they deserve it. Now I have no clue what the plan is but it isn't necessarily tank for Tua, which was no guarantee anyway. At least if we remain mediocre it will be less boring and mediocre. I'm almost wondering if they want to go after Kyler Murray now and sit him for a year or almost a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Yes they are and they deserve it. Now I have no clue what the plan is but it isn't necessarily tank for Tua, which was no guarantee anyway. At least if we remain mediocre it will be less boring and mediocre. I'm almost wondering if they want to go after Kyler Murray now and sit him for a year or almost a year.
    Fitz isn't going to change much as far as tanking goes.

He's 37, and this is a bad team, that will have a ton of rookies and UDFA's on the roster. Only have 50 something players on the roster right now, so the amount of young unproven guys we roster is endless.

I still don't see us winning any games.

And even though we're tanking we still have to install our offense and do player evaluations. Can't exactly do that with a qb who can't complete any passes or learn a playbook.

Fitz is a good hire for what were trying to do. He also brings some leadership to the locker room, which helps keep the youngins in order.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Fitz isn't going to change much as far as tanking goes.

He's 37, and this is a bad team, that will have a ton of rookies and UDFA's on the roster. Only have 50 something players on the roster right now, so the amount of young unproven guys we roster is endless.

I still don't see us winning any games.

And even though we're tanking we still have to install our offense and do player evaluations. Can't exactly do that with a qb who can't complete any passes or learn a playbook.

Fitz is a good hire for what were trying to do. He also brings some leadership to the locker room, which helps keep the youngins in order.
    I'm just glad you were the first one to post a dose of reality and not me. I was getting a reputation of being "Captain Bring Down". I am actually holding onto another pair of bring down ideas relating to the overall direction of this team. Very proud of myself!