Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ryan Tannehill traded to Tennesse Titans

Absolutely breaking news. No word on the compensation yet. Only other part is that he signed a 1 year contract with the team.

Actually like the move for the Titans. Mariota and Tannehill are similar in style and Mariota has an injury history. Wishing Ryan the best of luck.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Since everyone knows we were likely to cut him I doubt we got much. Probably a 7th round pick.

We sent RT and this year's 6th for TEN 7th and TEN next year's 4th rounder.

4th round pick for RT... nice.

Better than I thought we would get for RT. I wonder what kind of contract he received from Tennessee

Comp just came out. Dolphins send Tannehill and a 2019 6th for the Titans 2019 7th and 2020 4th.

Love it. Dump a contract, move back a bit this year and get a 4th for the year you need all the ammo you can get

NFL Update
    ‏ @MySportsUpdate
    5m5 minutes ago

Current QBs on the #Dolphins roster:

Jake Rudock and Luke Falk.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Better than I thought we would get for RT. I wonder what kind of contract he received from Tennessee
    1 year 7million guaranteed. Possibly 12 million with incentives.

Basically getting a future 4th for Tannehill is huge. The team so far has 2 3rds 2 4ths and 2 5ths in 2020. Another sign that they're looking at making a serious move for a QB in that draft. Smart moves and I love the plan.

NFL Update
    ‏ @MySportsUpdate
    5m5 minutes ago

Current QBs on the #Dolphins roster:

Jake Rudock and Luke Falk.
    I'd expect someone like Bortles or Fitzpatrick to be the next target, then draft a mid round rookie and have them figure it out this year.

Btw please let me be everyone's reminder to never buy a jersey. I now own a Ted Ginn, Ronnie Brown and authentic Tannehill jersey. Brown and Ryan both got hurt shortly after I bought them and Ginn just sucked. Even the Cam Jersey I own is cursed since I got it the year he tore his Achilles.

Armando

The Dolphins save $13.1 million in cap space this year but he still remains on Miami's cap to tune of $13.4 million this year and $5.5 million next year.

Schefter

One other interesting detail on todayís trade: Dolphins paid $5M of Ryan Tannehillís $7M fully guaranteed money in the form of a signing bonus, per source. Softened blow for Tennessee.

I didnt expect us to go this hard into tanking. This is an NBA move and I love it. I'm completely on board with taking a Osweiler like trade where the other team basically sends you a pick to eat a players salary. If they're this serious about it Quinn and Reshad could easily get you some 2020 picks.

Bittersweet for me. I always believed in Tannehill and hope he does great going forward. The 4th is a nice return. The cap hit doesn't affect the team this year or next really. Gives him a team where he can possibly exceed expectations, as they do have a decent looking OL and nice weapons.

Man this is a great trade. Always loved Tannehill and defended him like crazy. But after last year, enough is enough.
    He's a poor mans Andy Dalton. Some QBs just aren't that good. A lot like Mariota. The whole, is he good or isn't he? Just get him an o-line! Players play, needs to get to a point you have to stop making excuses for him. Wish him the best and hope he does well. I hope the Titans do well, they now have Wake and Tannehill.
    All the best to them, time to move on.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'd expect someone like Bortles or Fitzpatrick to be the next target, then draft a mid round rookie and have them figure it out this year.

Btw please let me be everyone's reminder to never buy a jersey. I now own a Ted Ginn, Ronnie Brown and authentic Tannehill jersey. Brown and Ryan both got hurt shortly after I bought them and Ginn just sucked. Even the Cam Jersey I own is cursed since I got it the year he tore his Achilles.
    Bortles is basically another Tannehill. A QB who has physical talent but doesn't put points on the board. Fitzpatrick is basically Matt Moore. A gunslinger who will put points on the board for both teams playing. I personally would rather have Fitzpatrick. I figure we are going to suck but watching 34-31 games are much more fun than 13-10 point games. With Fitzpatrick you are always in the game, with Bortles if you get down 14-0 game over.

It's great situation for Ryan honestly. Titans arent sold on Mariota plus all the injuries hes had add up. The team is good enough to get to the playoffs which makes a backup QB super valuable. Plus Tannehill and Mariota are super similar in their style so you dont have to change much. It could also turn into a Bridgwater situation where Tannehill can come in, learn the franchise and stick around for awhile.

I'll always love Tannehill and had tons of fun watching him play. The Titans legit have my two favorite players now. He was always good enough but obviously not enough to elevate everyone around him. I still say he was as good as Matt Ryan but Ryan just had a better team.

Bortles is basically another Tannehill. A QB who has physical talent but doesn't put points on the board. Fitzpatrick is basically Matt Moore. A gunslinger who will put points on the board for both teams playing. I personally would rather have Fitzpatrick. I figure we are going to suck but watching 34-31 games are much more fun than 13-10 point games. With Fitzpatrick you are always in the game, with Bortles if you get down 14-0 game over.
    The problem you forgot to mention is that Fitzpatrick, just like Moore, can accidentally win you games. Fitz makes sense since players always seem to love him, but they seem to love him because he gives them a chance to win. I want him nowhere near this team. I still havent forgiven Matt Moore for costing us Luck. Plus Bortles doesnt affect your comp picks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast