Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nevermind

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    You can use any stat to try and prove your point, the fact is the jets are much better than last year. Quit crying about everything we havenít done and get excited about the things we have.

Mosley is a very very talented ILB, canít deny that one bit. Did we pay a lot? Yes we payed the bad team tax, but we did get a cornerstone piece.
    When did I say we weren't better? We could have picked 4 FA by random and improved our team. That is how bad we were. I am not crying all, some of these moves were bad moves. Most of the moves Mac has done in the past have been horrible moves. I am just stating facts, sorry if you are ******** over that.
    Last edited by Claymation; 03-18-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    When did I say we weren't better? We could have picked 4 FA by random and improved our team. That is how bad we were. I am not crying all, some of these moves were bad moves. Most of the moves Mac has done in the past have been horrible moves. I am just stating facts, sorry if you are ******** over that.
    But would the contracts have been structured so this team would be in cap hell in the future.

Bell's contract is essentially a two year deal.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    You are stating a percentage of facts. The percent you are stating is not remotely close to the full picture.. The facts you are stating are regarding choices you didn't like and the ones that failed.

How many of the moves he made did you like when he made them or at least think, "Hey, that's a solid move"?
    Did you like Williamson"
    T Johnson?
    Long?
    Claiborne?

Did you like the Herndon pick? Nanson? Stewart? Burris?

The problem I see is people saying he stinks because his choices haven't worked out in the way we'd all like. But if you go back and look at the picks, were they smart? Were they rational picks? Did they make sense and were they guys that were being picked in the right range?
    Hack was horrible. I personally loved the pick I thought it was a high risk/reward pick. It turned out to be a complete bust.
    Aside from that, what picks or signings are horrible based on need, money, draft position?
    Not liking picks isn't the same as a bad pick.

And as Clay mentioned, how have these deals been structured? Johnson's deal can be ended after 2020. That's a solid contract for a guy we all thought was an excellent sign. It's things like that, that make him a solid GM.
    If he hits this year with Bosa, you will say "he fell into his lap" But if Bosa was a bust, you'd rip him a new one.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 03-18-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Waiting for Spring training.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12