Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    45,191

    Poole sign with Jets

    Cornerback Brian Poole agreed to a 1-year deal with the Jets for $3.5 million, per source. Poole was not tendered by the Falcons - rare for a player not tender to actually get more than the tender.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    66
    Idk why we're not signing Callahan.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by MySpErmRGrEeN View Post
    Idk why we're not signing Callahan.
    Nickerson

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,446
    Thereís are the days where GMs get the deals. I like this move, cheaper than Claiborne would have been.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    27,974
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Thereís are the days where GMs get the deals. I like this move, cheaper than Claiborne would have been.
    Agreed. He's a solid player. My only issue is he's another nickel.

    Does that mean they think Nickerson is ready?



    Waiting for Spring training.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    116
    Solid signing, but disappointed overall with this offseason seeing some of these signings. I think Mac really had an opportunity to change our franchise and really just overspent on above average guys like CJ. We still have zero pass rushing, we still don't havea #2 corner which is essential because our #1 sucks. We still need to improve the Oline and add weapons.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Agreed. He's a solid player. My only issue is he's another nickel.

    Does that mean they think Nickerson is ready?
    I do like Nickerson's speed and movement, he could be a gem.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Solid signing, but disappointed overall with this offseason seeing some of these signings. I think Mac really had an opportunity to change our franchise and really just overspent on above average guys like CJ. We still have zero pass rushing, we still don't havea #2 corner which is essential because our #1 sucks. We still need to improve the Oline and add weapons.
    Itís a bit early to judge the offseason, we are like 3 days into it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Itís a bit early to judge the offseason, we are like 3 days into it.
    95% of the quality players are gone and considering that Mac is awful at drafting it doesn't make me confident. Outside of Bell, we did not sign any big impact players and somehow we spent a ton of money. Mosley can't cover which is essential in today's game, Crowder is just a dime a dozen slot guy, etc. For all the talk and hype about how much money we have we haven't used it wisely. The trade for KO and Bell will make the biggest impact so far.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    95% of the quality players are gone and considering that Mac is awful at drafting it doesn't make me confident. Outside of Bell, we did not sign any big impact players and somehow we spent a ton of money. Mosley can't cover which is essential in today's game, Crowder is just a dime a dozen slot guy, etc. For all the talk and hype about how much money we have we haven't used it wisely. The trade for KO and Bell will make the biggest impact so far.
    I respectfully disagree, here is why. While your 95% of quality free agents are gone there are plenty of players shaking loose that will be looked at. Just because Paradis and Moore were not gone after doesnít mean we are done with the O-Line.

    Yes Mac has drafted a few duds but his draft record is pretty average. Iím not defending his drafting ability but heís not the worst. Even the almighty patriots the last few years have not drafted the best, it happens.

    Crowder is really not a dime a dozen guy, heís young very fast in the short and intermediate routes and will help Darnold tremendously. As will bell.

    Mosley is a top three ILB, and is very young. You donít get to that level being trash in coverage.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I respectfully disagree, here is why. While your 95% of quality free agents are gone there are plenty of players shaking loose that will be looked at. Just because Paradis and Moore were not gone after doesnít mean we are done with the O-Line.

    Yes Mac has drafted a few duds but his draft record is pretty average. Iím not defending his drafting ability but heís not the worst. Even the almighty patriots the last few years have not drafted the best, it happens.

    Crowder is really not a dime a dozen guy, heís young very fast in the short and intermediate routes and will help Darnold tremendously. As will bell.

    Mosley is a top three ILB, and is very young. You donít get to that level being trash in coverage.
    Please supply some type of metric that shows him being top 3. This is problem with Jet fans, if Miami signed Mosely to thise type of deal we would be laughing our ***** off. I am not even sure he is in the top 10.

    From PFF

    Jets sign LB C.J. Mosley to a five-year, $85 million deal, $51M guaranteed

    On the surface, these numbers are eye-popping, and it might seem crazy that Mosley is earning over $4 million per year more than Carolinaís Luke Kuechly, but itís important to remember that Kuechlyís deal was signed back in 2015. As soon as Kwon Alexander signed for $13.5million per year, Mosley was always going to come in significantly higher than that. Mosley ranked 22nd among linebackers with a 73.6 PFF grade in the regular season and playoffs and is an upgrade at the position for the Jets. Yes, they have overpaid at least a bit, but thatís often the nature of free agency. ó @PFF_Gordon
    Last edited by Dmagic387; 03-15-2019 at 04:54 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    45,191
    While I like PFF, they are not the end all be all of player evaluation.

    They have a narrative and they grade players to meet that story.

    Their complaint about the Jets Free Agency is that Bell isnít worth the money and neither was Mosely. They talk about Darnoldís interceptions last year but they are not willing to acknowledge that only Brady had less fumbles last year. That seven of his interceptions came in 2 games.

    Is Crowder better than Kearse? Is mosely better than Lee? Is Osemele better than Carpenter?

    If the answer is yes, than the Jets are a better team.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Please supply some type of metric that shows him being top 3. This is problem with Jet fans, if Miami signed Mosely to thise type of deal we would be laughing our ***** off. I am not even sure he is in the top 10.

    From PFF

    Jets sign LB C.J. Mosley to a five-year, $85 million deal, $51M guaranteed

    On the surface, these numbers are eye-popping, and it might seem crazy that Mosley is earning over $4 million per year more than Carolinaís Luke Kuechly, but itís important to remember that Kuechlyís deal was signed back in 2015. As soon as Kwon Alexander signed for $13.5million per year, Mosley was always going to come in significantly higher than that. Mosley ranked 22nd among linebackers with a 73.6 PFF grade in the regular season and playoffs and is an upgrade at the position for the Jets. Yes, they have overpaid at least a bit, but thatís often the nature of free agency. ó @PFF_Gordon
    You can use any stat to try and prove your point, the fact is the jets are much better than last year. Quit crying about everything we havenít done and get excited about the things we have.

    Mosley is a very very talented ILB, canít deny that one bit. Did we pay a lot? Yes we payed the bad team tax, but we did get a cornerstone piece.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    27,974
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    You can use any stat to try and prove your point, the fact is the jets are much better than last year. Quit crying about everything we havenít done and get excited about the things we have.

    Mosley is a very very talented ILB, canít deny that one bit. Did we pay a lot? Yes we payed the bad team tax, but we did get a cornerstone piece.



    Waiting for Spring training.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    274
    This is an ok signing. Iím expecting a huge year out of Maye. So him and Adams patrolling the middle will be a big help to our corners and nickel package.

    Jets are gonna be good next year. The only way they can screw up this pick is to draft rashan gary. Otherwise itís impossible not to get a day 1 elite starter to fill their biggest remaining weakness. Take a tackle w he 2 and itís a really solid overhaul
    "I got a headache, a toothache and bad times too..." - Nina Simone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •