Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bears add S HaHa Clinton-Dix on one year contract

Financial numbers not in yet, but it's been a popular move for safeties to take the one-year prove it deals in recent seasons, so not surprised.

The NFLís No. 1 pass defense last year is adding some depth to the secondary.

The Bears are signing safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to a one-year contract, NFL Network is reporting.

Last year Clinton-Dix started the first seven games of the season in Green Bay, then was traded to Washington, where he started nine more games. It was his fourth consecutive season starting all 16 games.

Clinton-Dix has struggled in coverage at times but has also had some bright spots, and he fills a need for a Bears team that lost Adrian Amos in free agency. Clinton-Dix was the No. 64 player in our Free Agent Top 100.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...a-clinton-dix/

3.5/1 Year is what I have as far as the deal.

Nice deal for a back up safety

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    3.5/1 Year is what I have as far as the deal.
    Very cheap for him, I am surprised the Redskins weren't able to give him that after the two cuts we made. Though I certainly understand wanting to go to a winning club when on a "prove it" deal.

I like it

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Very cheap for him, I am surprised the Redskins weren't able to give him that after the two cuts we made. Though I certainly understand wanting to go to a winning club when on a "prove it" deal.
    He was offered more elsewhere, wanted a prove it year and an opportunity to play with Jackson

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He was offered more elsewhere, wanted a prove it year and an opportunity to play with Jackson

Very smart on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

The thing that sort of confuses me about this is he was on a contract year this year and he had probably his worst year of his career. So it's interesting that he wants another chance to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The thing that sort of confuses me about this is he was on a contract year this year and he had probably his worst year of his career. So it's interesting that he wants another chance to prove it.
    It's becoming more and more popular. Bradley Roby had a down year and did the same thing. Ditto for Vacarro and Mathieu last year. If he can go to that Bears defense and ball out, he's looking at a big payday next year.

PROCESSING

I want to add:
    I rather see players do this to take control of their own destiny and increase their earning potential as opposed to sign the 4 year deal for the guarantees, and whine 1 year in when they outperform it.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's becoming more and more popular. Bradley Roby had a down year and did the same thing. Ditto for Vacarro and Mathieu last year. If he can go to that Bears defense and ball out, he's looking at a big payday next year.
    I get that but I've seen in multiple spots people saying since it's a prove it deal hell be more motivated. I guess what I meant to say is this year was basically a prove it year and he got worse. So I don't know that I'd be counting on a motivated HHCD being a more effective HHCD.

I think it's a really nice pickup for the Bears.
    He never really lived up to his potential with the Packers and he isn't a great player, but I also don't think he is a bad player. To get a Clinton-Dix for 3.5 is a bargain signing for an already dangerous D.

makes up for the loss of Amos
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

I get that but I've seen in multiple spots people saying since it's a prove it deal hell be more motivated. I guess what I meant to say is this year was basically a prove it year and he got worse. So I don't know that I'd be counting on a motivated HHCD being a more effective HHCD.
    Part of it was because he went to the clown show that was the Redskins midway through the season. Changing defenses is always hard, and trade deadline moves rarely work out in the NFL. I'd put good money on HHCD having a bounceback year with the Bears.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    He did have like 3 picks prior to getting traded. Hard to know how much a mid season change affects play. But im sure it doesn't help steping into a hole new system in week 6-7????.

Also that redskins team crumbled by the end of the year. Amd it felt like players we're quiting on the team. And its hard to blame them when your down to QBs off the street.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast