Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Giants sign Golden Tate to 4 year, $37.5 million deal ($23m guaranteed)

That is a lot of money for a guy who is a slot receiver. Tate's one of the best at that, but they are going to expect a lot more impact for that salary, and he's 31. I don't see this contract aging well.

The Giants have signed a wide receiver a little more than 24 hours after they officially sent Odell Beckham packing.

Golden Tate‘s agents announced on Thursday afternoon that their client has reached a deal with Beckham’s former club. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that it is a four-year, $37.5 million deal that includes $23 million in fully guaranteed money.

Tate split last season between the Lions and Eagles before becoming a free agent. He wound up with 74 catches for 795 yards and four touchdowns, although his production in seven games with Detroit was well ahead of what he did once he got to Philly. He did catch the go-ahead touchdown late in their win over the Bears in the playoffs.

Tate, who turns 31 this summer, caught at least 90 passes in the four full seasons he spent in Detroit and the Giants wouldn’t mind that kind of productivity. Whether they get it is another question and the answer will likely go a long way toward determining how the team’s fans feel about the post-Beckham plan for the franchise.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-golden-tate/

Sad we couldn't figure out how to use him. Could work well for the Giants. More than likely it won't since Eli is still running the show.

The return... 2018-19... playoffs!?!?!!?

'We have a plan', the Giants say even tho just when anyone has an idea what it might be, they do things like this
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Lol giants.

The Giants are doing fine. They have a ton of weapons on offense and could potentially grab 3 defensive starters in the draft. People calling Eli done have revisionist history. He's just as mediocre as he was when they won two super bowls.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

I actually like the move.

4th round comp pick for the Eagles. Niiice

Your baby can't do this

We'll have to wait for the draft and the season before we figure out the plan Gettleman has, but I saw this tweet:

Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

lol talk of comp picks is premature....free agency ain't over, nor is next season

i just dont understand... why do this? why not tank next season and wait for eli to leave... why over pay this much for tate lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    lol talk of comp picks is premature....free agency ain't over, nor is next season
    True. I just find it funny that the Giants were willing to possibly help the eagles out. They have Shephard, not sure why they need tate who is best used as a slot.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    True. I just find it funny that the Giants were willing to possibly help the eagles out. They have Shephard, not sure why they need tate who is best used as a slot.
    yeah, I have no idea why give Tate that much even IF there were no Shepherd.

My comp pick comment was more directed at the tweeter. But Malik Jackson will cancel someone out (and it could possibly be Foles)

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    yeah, I have no idea why give Tate that much even IF there were no Shepherd.

My comp pick comment was more directed at the tweeter. But Malik Jackson will cancel someone out (and it could possibly be Foles)
    True. I'm not too worried about it tbh. If they get comp picks they get them if they don't, oh well.

Your baby can't do this

I've never seen an offseason where people obsessed over comp picks like this.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Hopefully Shephard is good on the outside because tate isn't nearly as effective as a WR1.

Your baby can't do this

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast