Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    13,189
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Is LJ Fort even going to cancel any out? I have no idea how that works.
    The formula isn't public knowledge, but yes, Fort could cancel out one of our free agents that got signed to bigger contracts. However, we still have a lot of free agents that will get signed by other teams.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    13,189
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    They were gonna get the pick anyway. You think if the Giants didn't sign Tate no one else would?
    I certainly didn't expect anyone to sign Tate to a 4 year, $37.5 million contract.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,694
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The compensatory picks from this free agency are awarded in next year's draft.
    So?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,694
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I certainly didn't expect anyone to sign Tate to a 4 year, $37.5 million contract.
    Well then you're not paying attention because just about everyone's getting paid.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,051
    Its crazy how compensatory are the thing now lol. We lost a 5th, but were about to get a 3rd for Collins, another 5th or 6th since BW Webb signed with the Bengals not to mention 100 million in cap space next off season.

    I ultimately think Gettleman will pass on a QB this year and focus on rebuilding the defense. Have the pieces in place before we draft a QB. I love Murray, but the potiental 2020 draft is stacked

    Tua
    Herbert
    Fromm
    Costello
    Patterson

    We would be able to afford to trade up (if Gettleman nails most of his picks this year)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    8,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Jackson doesn't count because he was released. LJ fort is the only FA signing we have that was a natural free agent. From Foles, Tate, Hicks and Darby that's an extra 2 3s and 2 4s or 1 3 and 3 4s
    You could be right re Malik, that part I'm not sure on

    re the question of determination.....the primary factor is the AAV of the contract the player signs....the other kicker being that they remain on the team at least thru week 10 (Cards cost the Vikings a 3rd by releasing Bradford before that)....then there's tiers that impact which round and who cancels who
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,694
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Its crazy how compensatory are the thing now lol. We lost a 5th, but were about to get a 3rd for Collins, another 5th or 6th since BW Webb signed with the Bengals not to mention 100 million in cap space next off season.

    I ultimately think Gettleman will pass on a QB this year and focus on rebuilding the defense. Have the pieces in place before we draft a QB. I love Murray, but the potiental 2020 draft is stacked

    Tua
    Herbert
    Fromm
    Costello
    Patterson

    We would be able to afford to trade up (if Gettleman nails most of his picks this year)
    It's pretty obvious that the Giants problem isn't a lack of draft picks for the future. They're doing better than just about every team in the league in that regard.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    13,189
    I guess I'm biased, but it doesn't look like the Giants are rebuilding.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    13,189
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You could be right re Malik, that part I'm not sure on
    Released players definitely do not count towards the compensatory pick formula.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,340
    Meh, he was just about decent with a better QB last year. I figure hell be slightly less than decent this year.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    100,034
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I certainly didn't expect anyone to sign Tate to a 4 year, $37.5 million contract.
    sadly this... Never thought he would get anywhere close to that.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    100,034
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    It's pretty obvious that the Giants problem isn't a lack of draft picks for the future. They're doing better than just about every team in the league in that regard.
    but that is because they spent a ton like 2 seasons ago and stunk and got picks galore... Picks are great but the problem with this deal isnt the pick... Its giving that money to an old *** wideout who relies on speed.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,694
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    but that is because they spent a ton like 2 seasons ago and stunk and got picks galore... Picks are great but the problem with this deal isnt the pick... Its giving that money to an old *** wideout who relies on speed.
    Well all you Eagles fans are calling the Giants stupid because of a late round draft pick, lol.

    As far as the contract goes, they paid market value. Signed for a price similar to Tyrell Willams and Jamison Crowder and most probably had Tate as the best overall player.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    100,034
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Well all you Eagles fans are calling the Giants stupid because of a late round draft pick, lol.

    As far as the contract goes, they paid market value. Signed for a price similar to Tyrell Willams and Jamison Crowder and most probably had Tate as the best overall player.
    eagles fans? lol adorable... eagles can SMD... Packers fan bruh... I am calling the giants stupid because I have been saying they were stupid the last few years when I made threads about how both the giants and steelers should have moved on from their QBs... Now the Giants finally took that step a few years late and right after getting less then i expected for OBJ sign tate to a massive overpay??????


    They should have tanked hard this season instead they are now what a 6-7 win team???? which could put them anywhere from 6-12 or higher... Its just not smart on top of being stuck with this dude with that much garanteed money.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,354
    If the Giants are going for a QB next year, then why sign Tate? Seems like they are trying to win games. Tate even said one january he wanted to go to a place where he could win. Money talks obviously but no one in their right mind would see the Giants as a contender. Heck, the Redskins could finish better than them.

    Unless they want Josh Rosen for this year or something.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •