3 50.00%
  • Wrestlemania 28: John Cena vs The Rock

0 0%
  • Wrestlemania 30: Daniel Bryan vs Batista vs Randy Orton

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%

Wrestlemania Rewind: Best Wrestlemania Main Event

We are less than a month from Wrestlemania and for the next few weeks, I will make some poll questions to rewind to former Wrestlemanias and see what we think is the best. Todays question is What is the best main event? It can be match quality wise, pop moment, career making moment, whatever made to excited to be a wrestling fan.

Wrestlemania 3 Andre The Giant vs Hulk Hogan Cited by a lot as the moment WWE got hot in the 80's Hogan slamming Andre and really kicking off Hulkamania.

Wrestlemania 12 Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart Cited by some as the greatest match ever, A wrestling clinic that ended in overtime and "The boyhood dream has come true for Shawn Michaels" as he superkicked Bret and won his first WWE Championship.

Wrestlemania 14 Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Shawn Michaels The birth of the Attitude Era, Austin rising to prominence and getting into a feud with Mike Tyson, Tyson seeming joining DX, and it seemed the deck was stacked against Austin, but Tyson would turn on HBK, help Austin win his first WWE Championship and HBK would head off into his first retirement getting KO'ed by Tyson

Wrestlemania 15 Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock The end of the feud between Austin, Rock and Mr. McMahon. Austin completed his journey of being screwed out of the title by The Corporation and had a classic match with Rock that made stars out of both men.

Wrestlemania 17 Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock The night Austin "sold his soul to the devil". Austin infamously turned heel and join Mr. McMahon and beat The Rock nearly to death with a chair and won the title back and started a controversial 8 month heel turn.

Wrestlemania 26 Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker In what was HBK's final match, Michaels put it all on the line to end Undertakers streak, however he came up short and HBK rested in retirement until 2018.

Wrestlemania 28 John Cena vs The Rock The Rock came back one year earlier and hosted Wrestlemania and hijacked the main event that year that lead to a one year build for Cena/Rock that featured raps and Rock concerts, Cena looked to have victory but got cocky and tried a people's elbow, which lead Rocky to hit the Rock Bottom and win. They would go on to rematch one year later, but it did not have the hype this match had.

Wrestlemania 30 Daniel Bryan vs Batista vs Randy Orton Bryan the peoples choice got into the main event by beating Triple H earlier that night, then went on to win the big one and "The Miracle Kid" turned Wrestlemania into YESlemania.

Other if you have a different pick.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

I guess it depends on how old you are. I'm old enough to remember WrestleMania 3 but most people on this forum probably aren't. It was a huge moment in wrestling history because Andre was undefeated and had never been bodyslammed on live tv (other wrestlers including Hogan had did it at live events). It was a national news story and a huge moment for the WWF and its growth.

That said, I'm always partial to WrestleMania 14. It's Austin's defining moment aside from the 3:16 promo. It ushered in my favorite time in wrestling so Austin vs Michaels will never be eclipsed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I guess it depends on how old you are. I'm old enough to remember WrestleMania 3 but most people on this forum probably aren't. It was a huge moment in wrestling history because Andre was undefeated and had never been bodyslammed on live tv (other wrestlers including Hogan had did it at live events). It was a national news story and a huge moment for the WWF and its growth.

That said, I'm always partial to WrestleMania 14. It's Austin's defining moment aside from the 3:16 promo. It ushered in my favorite time in wrestling so Austin vs Michaels will never be eclipsed imo.
    You're absolutely right about the age/era being the most important. Because I would bet that unless something drastic happens, the best/classic match when each viewer was a kid or slightly into their teen years is going to be the best match to them. Even if the match has obvious flaws, the brain will compensate for that with nostalgia.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

HBK taker 1 and 2 was amazing... Id go with either of those just because i honestly thought hed win and the matches were amazing.

28 was a big meh from me.