Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Adrian Peterson back to the Redskins for two years, $8 million

Incentives could push the deal higher. Guice is coming back from a blown-out knee, so AD is great insurance and could be part of a great tandem. I just wish the team would sign a true fullback to complement whoever is rushing the football, and to help cement those late-game drives where a first down ices the game. We always struggle in those scenarios.

The Redskins were so impressed with Adrian Peterson's 2018 season that they've decided to award him with a new contract.

According to NFL.com, Peterson has agreed to terms on a two-year deal worth a total of $8 million. The new contract, which is worth an average of $4 million per year, means that Peterson will be getting nearly a 400 percent raise over the $1.015 million he made in 2018, a season where he took the NFL by surprise.

After going through most of the 2018 offseason unsigned, the Redskins decided to take a risk on him in August after Derrius Guice tore his ACL. Peterson then rewarded the Redskins' gamble by rushing for 1,402 yards and seven touchdowns. With Guice out for the season, Peterson took over in Washington, starting in all 16 games and rushing for more than 115 yards a total of three times.

Read More: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...two-year-deal/

How far until he catches the next one on the list?
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 03-13-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    How far until he catches the next one on the list?
    I think like 300 yards....800 jumps him past 4....after that the next one is Gore, who's still going...

In a way I'm a little disappointed he isn't coming back to Minny to make these last moves...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I think like 300 yards....800 jumps him past 4....after that the next one is Gore, who's still going...

In a way I'm a little disappointed he isn't coming back to Minny to make these last moves...
    Speaking of Minny, with the Redskins having Keenum and AD, and the Vikings having Cousins, I'm betting our matchup this year is on SNF or MNF.

He did better than I realized last year. Thought this was too much money before looking it up.

Just felt like there are/were some better options out there. But maybe that isn't true.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    He did better than I realized last year. Thought this was too much money before looking it up.

Just felt like there are/were some better options out there. But maybe that isn't true.
    Skewed by a 95 yard TD to the eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Skewed by a 95 yard TD to the eagles.
    I mean he still had 1k yards. Partially because he had so many carries because Smith got hurt... but... if he can carry the ball that many times again this year that'd be impressive.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post

There might have been some better options, but we have our second round pick (Derrius Guice) coming off the IR from a torn ACL that happened in the first pre-season game. We also still have Chris Thompson under contract for one more season. We didn't need to go out and make a splash. If AD is happy being here and in a timeshare with Guice, then I'm all for that.

What we need to do is add a fullback to the roster. AD ran for 1,000 yards despite rarely having a fullback, a position he's had for most of his career. He struggled at times running out of single back formations. But I don't think our coach is smart enough to make that move.