Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    My counterpoint: I distrust Jackson as a thrower, but think their OL and run heavy game plan, minimized passing game, and defense will be enough to beat most non-playoff teams. I think the Ravens will be a playoff team for sure, just not a good one or one that gets far.
    I think its a stretch to assume a defense that lost 4 key guys will still be top 3. maybe top 15 but im not sure that will be good enough to carry a team to the playoffs. They didn't just lose talent, they lost the leaders and the brains of the defense.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I think its a stretch to assume a defense that lost 4 key guys will still be top 3. maybe top 15 but im not sure that will be good enough to carry a team to the playoffs. They didn't just lose talent, they lost the leaders and the brains of the defense.
    Not when it was an overrated defense manufactured via scheme in the first place. Adding ET will be huge, the only big loss imo was Mosley, so I view those two as a push. I don't see them being top 3, but better than average for sure.

IDK man Baltimore lost A LOT on defense. Weddle, mosley, suggs were not only great players But the brains also. They made sure everyone was lined up right. They knew everything about the opposing offenses. Those guys are not easy to find. The defense should still be solid but i can't see it being close to what it was. top 15 still possible but not top 5.

Jackson got hurt 3 times in 6 games. Concussion, ankle and back lol. That style of play will not work for very long. He will need to throw the ball or he will not last very long period. I don't see the defense winning many games like it did last season. So Jackson will have to step up big time for them to win.
    They also are losing ZeDarius Smith and Brent Urban, who are key in their OLB and DE rotations respectively. Ravens still have a strong secondary, and have an elite (when healthy) safety in Earl Thomas. It will still likely be a top 10 defense, but I would like the offense more with a legitimate #1 receiver.

Lamar Jackson was a rookie and got tossed into the starting lineup the middle of the season and led a middling team to the playoffs. You guys need to all relax. Let him get a full offseason under his belt before you all assume he canít throw. He definitely had flashes last season.

You are all also acting like the offseason has already ended. The Ravens have addressed two of their concerns so far, but itís day 4. Donít get the need to rush to judgement so soon. Still plenty of time for them to address their needs at edge rusher and receiver

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    That was also my understanding in the nfc east thread.. Weird, the talk was browns and then he signs with the ravens. Dallas I guess was top 3 on his list?
    You didnít hear/read that from me. Iíve never been on board with Earl. Personally Iíd prefer the Cowboys to stick with Xavier Woods at FS and allow Kris Richard to pick/groom his next great SS out of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    the thing with jackson is once people get film on you and a whole off-season to research, trust me that's a lot of time to look at your tendencies to game plan against and try to expose you. they aren't as worried about the next opponent as they are during the regular season.

rg3 looked very good as a rookie, i think he would've got exposed sooner or later regardless of injury. if jackson doesn't improve as a pocket/pure thrower it won't last long as a starting qb imo.
    I believe the same thing is going to happen with Baker Mayfield. Then when ODB and Landry are not getting the ball thrown to them when and where they want it, all hell is going to break loose in that locker room. THIS is the year they should be on Hard Knocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    You didnít hear/read that from me. Iíve never been on board with Earl. Personally Iíd prefer the Cowboys to stick with Xavier Woods at FS and allow Kris Richard to pick/groom his next great SS out of the draft.
    Mostly the surfer guy

Your baby can't do this

I believe the same thing is going to happen with Baker Mayfield. Then when ODB and Landry are not getting the ball thrown to them when and where they want it, all hell is going to break loose in that locker room. THIS is the year they should be on Hard Knocks.
    Not sure I agree about the baker Mayfield take, but I could absolutely see that locker room being a cancer. They got all the talent on paper but a lotta big heads in there. I agree, they should be on hard knocks.

Your baby can't do this

There was no gimmick offense to bring Baker along like there was for Lamar. Baker made big dick throws all over the place. His arm is extremely talented - I think people who just check box score stats have no understanding of how good Baker's arm is, nor do they seem to be aware of his leadership, football IQ, dedication, and ability to make pro on the field adjustments and reads. He's the total package, he just needs to keep improving to become a legit force in this league.

He's a gun-slinger so he'll throw his picks, but I would not be surprised if he finished the season with something like 42 TDS and 15 INTS. I don't think he's gonna crumble though.

Landry is not a cancer at all and did not have a problem with the decrease in targets with Baker spreading the ball around. OBJ (from what I can tell) had an issue with Eli being incapable of getting the ball to him at times. That all changes with Baker. OBJ is partnering with Landry who is one of his best friends so I highly doubt they'll get jealous of each other, and they're both playing under their LSU Wide Receivers coach Adam Henry (who is the Browns WRs coach right now). The support structure is in place.

If the Browns win 4-6 times then I think there's potential for problems but I strongly doubt this team wins anything less than 8 games.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Not when it was an overrated defense manufactured via scheme in the first place. Adding ET will be huge, the only big loss imo was Mosley, so I view those two as a push. I don't see them being top 3, but better than average for sure.
    Thats what everyone says about a good defense lol. Just scheme and those pro bowlers are butt lol. Don't care what the scheme is still need talented players.

Local Richmond radio talked about the interesting mix of personalities and how you now have 3 very passionate voices in the locker room/huddle in OBJ, Landry, and Mayfield. Sometimes they gel because their passions all are pointing in the right direction. But they can also go into conflict if any of them decide that the passion isn't going to the right things.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Lamar Jackson was a rookie and got tossed into the starting lineup the middle of the season
    Baker? lol. that happens with a lot of highly rated rookie QBs so its not an excuse.

Don't act like Jackson was the reason they made the postseason LMAO!! I hate when people do this. They won mostly because of that defense. Jackson held the fort down and didn't screw stuff up congrats lol. But thats not leading a team to the playoffs just stop. That style offense will not work for a whole season. He will end up in the hospital im not even joking. Jackson got hurt 3 different times in 6 games. He has to be a consistent passer and they don't have weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    There was no gimmick offense to bring Baker along like there was for Lamar. Baker made big dick throws all over the place. His arm is extremely talented - I think people who just check box score stats have no understanding of how good Baker's arm is, nor do they seem to be aware of his leadership, football IQ, dedication, and ability to make pro on the field adjustments and reads. He's the total package, he just needs to keep improving to become a legit force in this league.

He's a gun-slinger so he'll throw his picks, but I would not be surprised if he finished the season with something like 42 TDS and 15 INTS. I don't think he's gonna crumble though.

Landry is not a cancer at all and did not have a problem with the decrease in targets with Baker spreading the ball around. OBJ (from what I can tell) had an issue with Eli being incapable of getting the ball to him at times. That all changes with Baker. OBJ is partnering with Landry who is one of his best friends so I highly doubt they'll get jealous of each other, and they're both playing under their LSU Wide Receivers coach Adam Henry (who is the Browns WRs coach right now). The support structure is in place.

If the Browns win 4-6 times then I think there's potential for problems but I strongly doubt this team wins anything less than 8 games.
    Baker had an OL that didn't get him touched for like a month, he hasn't had to operate a typical NFL pocket yet. He's got arm talent out the ***, but I wasn't that impressed by his play when the OL didn't kick ***. If the OL takes a step back, that will be what does Cleveland in.

Also Landry had around his career average number of targets (~150), he just had a career low in receptions. So I don't think we can assume how he'd react to #2 targets.

Baker? lol. that happens with a lot of highly rated rookie QBs so its not an excuse.

Don't act like Jackson was the reason they made the postseason LMAO!! I hate when people do this. They won mostly because of that defense. Jackson held the fort down and didn't screw stuff up congrats lol. But thats not leading a team to the playoffs just stop. That style offense will not work for a whole season. He will end up in the hospital im not even joking. Jackson got hurt 3 different times in 6 games. He has to be a consistent passer and they don't have weapons.
    Jackson is a trash thrower, but let's not pretend his 79.4 yards rushing per game weren't another reason they won the division. And they're adding Ingram to the mix. The Ravens will NOT beat many good teams, but their running game and defense will be good enough to win at least 10 games. 4-2 in that weak division, 3-1 in the dumpster fire AFCE, 2-2 in the NFCW, and 0-2 vs HOU/KC is still 9 wins, which will likely be enough for the division or #2 WC.

You think we wouldíve made the playoffs without Lamar? Lol what a joke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast