Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why haven't we seen more FA signings from the Patriots?

Their usually somewhat busy this time of yr from trades/FA signings and so far they've been quiet.
    Are they just waiting for the draft? Or is everyone just asking for a ridiculous amount of money?

They want the compensation draft picks.

The rich get richer.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Aren't you a Patriots fan?

I don't recall them being busy on the first day of free agent, except two years ago when they signed Stephon Gilmore.

As it stands they're set to receive a haul of compensatory picks next year so I'd be surprised if they handed out big free agent contracts this year.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Aren't you a Patriots fan?

I don't recall them being busy on the first day of free agent, except two years ago when they signed Stephon Gilmore.

As it stands they're set to receive a haul of compensatory picks next year so I'd be surprised if they handed out big free agent contracts this year.
    I am. I just thought with everyone else signing guys left and right they'd be more busy. But you do make a lot
    of sense about the compensatory picks thing.

Patriots have rarely been involved with the first wave of FAs where stupid money gets handed out
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Unless there is a Stephon Gillmore type of FA, meaning someone who is a strong fit? I don't think the Pats need to be handing out lofty contracts. It's crazy how a Funchess could get a deal worth up to $13 mill. With the $ many teams dole out for big names, like Flowers? The Pats are doing what they do best, which is get value on the dollar. Belichek has always been about getting rid of guys too early rather than too late.

Any Patriots fan would know that they never sign FAs like that.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Any Patriots fan would know that they never sign FAs like that.
    I'm just surprised there hasn't been more talks or trades coming from this team.

They're too smart to piss away the kind of contracts that the first days of FA brings. Some early 30s vet who still has a lot left in the tank will give them a discount soon enough for a ring.

"I'm a Patriots fan... why aren't the Patriots doing something they NEVER do?"

Nice try pink hat.

11. 03-13-2019, 06:53 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Attacking other posters.

So my post get's removed but yet it's Ok to accuse me of being a fake fan or a pink hat? Tell him to stop accusing me of being a Fake or Pink Hat fan in every thread I post.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    So my post get's removed but yet it's Ok to accuse me of being a fake fan or a pink hat? Tell him to stop accusing me of being a Fake or Pink Hat fan in every thread I post.
    Yeah, that's not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Just block him mane

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Because they already have probably players on the practice squad thatll xome in and somehow become elite and lead them back to the superbowl. Every year they lose great players n we think their run is over but some next schmuk comes in and dominates.

After Ninkovich left and Edelman got suspended, I thought they'd suck this year but of course Trey Flowers emerges and Brady manages just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Only the sports site that's also a 4-letter word would watch a team lose 2 starters and sign nobody....and refer to them as one of FA's winners. Not losers? fine....but winners? smh
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast