Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins sign CB Eric Rowe

1 year 3.5 max deal.

Was battling for a starting spot last year before he got benched and eventually put on IR. Played the nickel back for NE 2 years ago and started over Malcom Butler in the Super Bowl against the Eagles.

Was always a name I heard about but never felt too impressed by him. But just like we'll say about every former NE player we sign, he at least knows the system.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-13-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

signals their commitment this year to having Minkah play FS. I still think we're going to see a lot of Minkah, RJ and TJ on the field at the same time.

I'm okay with the signing. decent signing for depth at a reasonable price. Maybe he takes the CB2 spot in TC

Uhhh... isn't he a FA? He wasn't released. Won't that affect our compensatory draft picks for next year?
    Or since he ended the year on the IR, that's not the case?
    BRUH

Ok so I kinda freaked out and did some research and answered my own question.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/20...ack-eric-rowe/

"In being a young underachiever, Rowe is also cheap. He’ll sign today with the Dolphins on a 1-year deal with up to $3.5M. That dollar figure will negate Miami’s incurred free agent loss of Frank Gore in the NFL’s compensatory pick formula, but retain Miami’s big net losses of Ja’Wuan James and Cameron Wake."
    BRUH

Yea basically just have to match small signing with small signing. We wont be signing anyone that would threaten the James pick and now that Bolden is going back to NE we might get room for another move.

We where not going to get a pick for Gore anyways. Will be more signings that out do a small signing like that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

As for Rowe he knows the D and can compete for a job. Cheap one year deal nothing wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Yea basically just have to match small signing with small signing. We wont be signing anyone that would threaten the James pick and now that Bolden is going back to NE we might get room for another move.
    werd. just needed a compensatory pick refresher. had forgotten how it worked exactly and how contracts were matched up with each other etc.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    werd. just needed a compensatory pick refresher. had forgotten how it worked exactly and how contracts were matched up with each other etc.
    As long as we dont give someone big money we should be fine. Signings like this will cancel out with guys like Larsen signing with the Bears. The James pick is all that matters and we might get lucky and get a 5th or 6th for Wake.