Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Danuel House is Back

Sources confirm that the Rockets are converting forward Danuel House's two-way deal for the rest of the season, as The Athletic reported. House can now rejoin the Rockets and is eligible for the playoffs.
    Tim McMahon at ESPN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's a one-year, minimum deal which will pay him less than $300k. By waiting until now, the Rockets will be able to finish the year below the luxury tax line if Capela hits only one of his bonuses (currently listed as likely). We pretty much have to hope Capela finishes the season under 65% from the FT line.

The Rockets will be able to extend a qualifying offer to House in the offseason, making him a Restricted FA. With that said, they will be very limited with their options to bring him back. Because he's on a 1-year deal and the first with Houston, the Rockets will only have his non-Bird rights, meaning the most they can offer him (or match an offer sheet) is the taxpayer MLE.

It will be interesting to see what House's role will be once he rejoins the Rockets, considering how well the team have played in this 9-game win streak, and with Faried playing a few minutes next to Capela.

In other news, the Rockets announced that Morey has agreed to a 5-year extension, which kicks in next year and will make Morey one of the highest paid GMs in the league. That tells a lot about Morey's trust in Fertitta and his willingness to spend. Staying under the luxury tax line is just a smart decision that will pay dividends in the next 3-4 years.

I'm hoping House can take over Shumpert's role. Not sure if he will. But Shumpert hasn't played well since joining Houston.

Shumpert is certainly making a case to keep his spot in the lineup tonight.

I disagree. Outside of his one steal and dunk, this is another clunker by Shumpert. He provides absolutely nothing on the offensive end. House can.

Yeah, I posted it right after that steal and fastbreak. He didn't do much else after that.

I still like his potential, though.

Wasn't able to catch any of the Phoenix game, but it certainly seems like House had a big night. While I realize it will be hard to retain House in the offseason, I still think it was the right call. The way the West is right now, things are pretty up for grabs--especially if the Warriors face any more turmoil down the stretch. Gambling on House right now is the right move.

As for the Morey extension, that made me ecstatic. Easily one of the best GMs in basketball, if not all of professional sports. He deserves it, and I hope he's GM for the Rockets until he's ready to retire or move on from the job.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Wasn't able to catch any of the Phoenix game, but it certainly seems like House had a big night. While I realize it will be hard to retain House in the offseason, I still think it was the right call. The way the West is right now, things are pretty up for grabs--especially if the Warriors face any more turmoil down the stretch. Gambling on House right now is the right move.

As for the Morey extension, that made me ecstatic. Easily one of the best GMs in basketball, if not all of professional sports. He deserves it, and I hope he's GM for the Rockets until he's ready to retire or move on from the job.
    This is probably the first year during the Warriors run that I think they are vulnerable in the Western Conference playoffs. I never felt the Rockets would get past them, even last year (although a healthy CP3 probably would've proved me wrong), but this year they just don't seem to have that aura of invincibility like they did the previous 4 seasons.

What’s rough this year is that even if the rockets can get past the warriors, they’re still going to have to get past whoever comes out of the east, which is not going to be an easy task.

Dudes been crushing it since his return. His ability to hit the three care out of no where, but it’s so potentially vital to the rockets success this year.