Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lions Should Take a Chance on Mark Ingram

New Orleans just paid $14.4 million over 4 years for Latavius Murray. I'm not sure what Ingram will get, probably a little more, but I would like to see Detroit go after him. They could then cut Riddick and save $3.6 million against the cap.

Ingram would be another playmaker for the Lions on a team that wants to be conservative and run-first. He'd be a productive piece, and would also provide insurance for Kerryon if he gets overworked or hurt again.

Adding the likes of Amendola, Ingram, and James on paper may not be sexy, but they are reliable players (when healthy or not suspended), who can move the chains and provide Stafford with an extra weapon.

Depends on the cost tbh. If we're paying him 4 million a year, I say go for it. he can compliment johnson well. But if the cost is say...6 mil or more per year then I'd pass. Running backs are the most expendable position in the NFL.

How much do we have left

Hard to tell without knowing what James got, and cap numbers havenít been updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am for this idea 100%. A bigger back with some burst, good in the pass game, and as far as I can tell a decent pass blocker. All things the Lions want fro their back and he has it. Plus being from the state doesn't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I am for this idea 100%. A bigger back with some burst, good in the pass game, and as far as I can tell a decent pass blocker. All things the Lions want fro their back and he has it. Plus being from the state doesn't hurt!
    the reason saints signed Murray is because they couldn't get close to a deal with Ingram...so not sure the Lions can afford Ingram.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

It just depends on what that price tag is. If itís $1-$2 more per year, thatís worth it to me if they can cut Riddick. It would only cost the Lions a little bit against the cap this year. The larger concern for me would be the length of the contract.

Knowing that the lions have a little more cap space this year than I though, they might still be able to make another small splash in free agency. Maybe that money would be better spent on a CB and safety

Last edited by Driven; 03-12-2019 at 11:06 PM.

He ended up getting 3 years for $15 million from Baltimore. I get why Detroit wouldnít want to spend that money on an rb, but it was just wishful thinking for me. Iíd rather have him than Riddick.

Thereís still some starting caliber CB out there. Iíd like to see turn our attention to one of them.

EDIT: Pats just re-signed Jason McCourty two a two year deal. He was one of the CB I was referring to.

Last edited by Driven; 03-13-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Well, that ends that.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Duke Johnson looks to be on the trade block. He's better than Riddick very underrated i would trade a 5th rounder for him and release Riddick

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Duke Johnson looks to be on the trade block. He's better than Riddick very underrated i would trade a 5th rounder for him and release Riddick
    Yea, I've always been intrigued by Duke Johnson. He's productive catching out of the backfield so would be up for having him instead of Riddick. Although Johnson wasn't able to beat out Isaiah Crowell for backfield duties, I think using him would be less predictable than using Riddick.