Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

LB Preston Smith to the Packers

PROCESSING

4/52 with 16M guaranteed. Pretty good deal.

now this move i ****ing love... hell yea... good riddance TT

hes a really really good football player. yall will love him in GB
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Packers making some good moves on the defensive side of the ball

Your baby can't do this

Oh man I don't know.
    He is a solid player but thats a lot of money for somebody who I don't feel will be a game changer for this D.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Oh man I don't know.
    He is a solid player but thats a lot of money for somebody who I don't feel will be a game changer for this D.
    Thing is these contracts in general are going to keep getting bigger with the salary cap continuing to increase. Once other defensive players re-sign this contract will end up being closer to the average imo

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Oh man I don't know.
    He's not a gamechanger. While he's solid against the run for a 3-4 edge rusher, he is extremely inconsistent rushing the passer. You will see him get sacks and pressures in bunches, and then go quiet for a couple games and not see him anywhere near the QB. He was consistently inconsistent for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    He's not a gamechanger. While he's solid against the run for a 3-4 edge rusher, he is extremely inconsistent rushing the passer. You will see him get sacks and pressures in bunches, and then go quiet for a couple games and not see him anywhere near the QB. He was consistently inconsistent for us.
    Realistically though, how many guys in the league aren't somewhat inconsistent as a pass rusher? If you consistently generate pressure, you're not hitting free agency.

what Thomas is saying isn't false, there will be games where youre like wow... dude is getting to the QB every single play, then the next you wont even hear his name mentioned. I liked him though, he will be solid. Free agents tend to get more than what they are probably worth because they are free agents. Like Cheese said, if the cap continues to go up, this contract will look pretty good down the road, esp with only 16mil guaranteed.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Realistically though, how many guys in the league aren't somewhat inconsistent as a pass rusher? If you consistently generate pressure, you're not hitting free agency.
    Look at what MarkieMark48 said, it's true from Preston Smith. Personally, I think he might be better as a DE in a 4-3 defense, I saw a lot more pressure from him when he had his hand in the dirt versus standing up.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Look at what MarkieMark48 said, it's true from Preston Smith. Personally, I think he might be better as a DE in a 4-3 defense, I saw a lot more pressure from him when he had his hand in the dirt versus standing up.
    that could be why the Packers signed him. Pettine doesn't run a strict 3-4 and we could see more 4-3 looks this year.

The Green Bay Narrative
    The Podcast about Packers fans hosted by a Packers fan.
    http://www.thegreenbayguy.com/podcast.html