Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Landon Collins signs 6 year, $84 million contract ($35m guaranteed)

Just when I think the dumb contracts have stopped, we pay this much for a box safety. Roll Tide, I guess? This makes Collins the highest paid safety (for now, Earl Thomas must be loving our stupidity) and the fifth highest paid DB. Dumb, dumb , dumb. I would've rather given this money to Crowder.

Former Giants Pro Bowl safety Landon Collins tells ESPN's Josina Anderson he will sign with the Washington Redskins.

The deal is for six years, $84 million, including $45 million in guaranteed money, according to ESPN and multiple reports.

Collins' new contract with the Redskins will reportedly pay him an annual average value of $14 million per year, which would be the most for any safety and tied for the fifth-most for any defensive back.

Read More: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ns-6-years-84m

Another dumb, splashy move by this front office. Landon Collins was the guy we targeted in pass coverage last yr when we beat the Giants. His coverage skills are awful. Now we have the 2 highest paid DBs in all of football. One has seen most of his ability dwindle, the other has never been able to cover a sole. But don't worry, he will look awesome in practice....because we don't have a wr that can get open vs even Collins

I like this guy as a player,....the salary is another issue....btw...DJ got smoked a lot too,but, his INT's made up for some of it..

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I like this guy as a player,....the salary is another issue....btw...DJ got smoked a lot too,but, his INT's made up for some of it..
    DJ was paid $4.5 million over his contract, we will be averaging $14 million over the lifespan of this one. We paid $9.5 million to, at best, maintain safety play, but more than likely we paid for a downgrade, as PFF had Swearinger ranked 13th, and Collins ranked 39th.

I mean, this is #1 corner money. Collins is now the highest paid safety in the NFL, and the fifth highest paid DB, and he's an "in the box" safety. Eagles fans are happy he is staying in the division because Ertz and Goedard abused him so much the past couple years. Not a good signing here.

Love it! I wanted him 4 years ago in the draft and the Giants leap-frogged us to get him
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Of course the originally numbers are eye popping. But Collins actually cap hit this season is $4,000,000. We basically have a chance to get out of this deal in 3 seasons by taking a $6,000,000 hit. I don't mind it actually. If you want to upgrade and get better players in FA, sometimes you have to pay them...Collins is a couple seasons removed from DPOTY discussion. Call him a "box safety" or whatever you want, but the guy makes plays.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    Of course the originally numbers are eye popping. But Collins actually cap hit this season is $4,000,000. We basically have a chance to get out of this deal in 3 seasons by taking a $6,000,000 hit. I don't mind it actually. If you want to upgrade and get better players in FA, sometimes you have to pay them...Collins is a couple seasons removed from DPOTY discussion. Call him a "box safety" or whatever you want, but the guy makes plays.
    He's the same guy as Swearinger, and we are paying $9.5 million more per season to tread water at the position. Or another way, I've heard the contract reported at essentially $45 million over three seasons. For $1 million less per season, we could've had the Honey Badger who is a much more complete safety.

Eric Schaeffer did his job with the cap hit, but the FO screwed up the evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    He's the same guy as Swearinger, and we are paying $9.5 million more per season to tread water at the position. Or another way, I've heard the contract reported at essentially $45 million over three seasons. For $1 million less per season, we could've had the Honey Badger who is a much more complete safety.

Eric Schaeffer did his job with the cap hit, but the FO screwed up the evaluation.
    DJ is trash. Loud mouth loser puts more into his dredlocks and clothes than he does his game. And the beat goes on.... One would think if someone cries about EVERY move the Redskins make they would eventually just switch allegiance to another team. DJ and the Cards have plenty of seats on that bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    DJ is trash. Loud mouth loser puts more into his dredlocks and clothes than he does his game. And the beat goes on.... One would think if someone cries about EVERY move the Redskins make they would eventually just switch allegiance to another team. DJ and the Cards have plenty of seats on that bandwagon.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    The loud mouth "loser" actually wanted a winning culture and a winning team. But of course, Snyder wants none of that. And apparently, neither do you, because you embrace the terrible decisions made by a terrible executive in Bruce Allen and call out anyone who disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    The loud mouth "loser" actually wanted a winning culture and a winning team. But of course, Snyder wants none of that. And apparently, neither do you, because you embrace the terrible decisions made by a terrible executive in Bruce Allen and call out anyone who disagrees.
    Have some common sense for Christ sake. The SKINS have won the division twice in the last 8yrs I believe. Once under Shanny and once under Jay. Of course, EVERY front office is gonna make good moves and bad moves. At least making moves at all means they are trying which is more than some other franchises are willing to do. Point is EVERY time I check the SKINS threads you are complaining and crying about something they have-haven't done. **** gets old after a while. The SKINS were 6-3 when Smith went out, i'd say there was a 90% chance they woulda won the division if Smith wouldn't got hurt which is the first goal every team, owner, GM, Coach and player has when the season starts. All I ask my team, owner, GM, coaches and players is are you passionate about winning a championship. I truly believe the REDSKINS are and I believe from all your CONSTNT NEGATIVE POSTS that you do not believe they are so all i'm saying is if you really feel that way most people with common sense would change their allegiance to a team they feel has the same interests as themselves. My wife *****es enough at me, the SKINS message board should be a place I can come to get away from *****ing and crying but I guess I was wrong.
    Last thing, 99 outta 100 GM's and former GM's in the NFL will tell you that Landon Collins is far better than DJ "Golden Teeth" Swearinger. The only 1 who won't is the clueless F-IN idiot GM who signed him on their team right now. End of discussion, not wasting any more time on the clownshow DJ Swearinger.

Alex Smith was ranked near the bottom of the league in most categories last year before the injury. If you thought he would lead us anywhere in the playoffs, you're kidding yourselves. I called that trade and the Paul Richardson signings as busts, so far I'm right.

I'm tired of people accepting mediocrity. Sure, we've won the division twice in eight years. The Patriots under Belichick have 16 divisional titles, 13 championship game appearances, nine Super Bowl appearances and six wins. In that period you can probably add two more playoff appearances for the Redskins, and one playoff victory. We haven't won over 10 games since 1991.

I'm not expecting the Redskins to become the Patriots, but we are surrounded by franchises who know how to win consistently- the Steelers, the Ravens and the Eagles, and yet we do none of the things that they do consistently. The only advantage we have over them is a cap expert in the front office, and even with that advantage, all three teams have done just fine without that.

I'm tired of the mediocre moves. I want this team to be a perennial winner, and if Snyder stayed out of things and hired the right people, we would have this team. But instead, we get what we've gotten for the past 20 years of ownership. We get Steve Spurrier, Vinny Cerrato Jim Zorn, trade everything for RGIII, Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden. Even Joe Gibbs was a shell of his former self. Marty Schottenheimer and John Schneider had things going in the right direction but they were chased out after a year on the job. Schottenheimer then brought the Chargers back to relevance, and Schneider has helped build the Seahawks into the perennial contender I mentioned above.

So if you want to continue supporting moves that will keep the team treading water and just having a shot at the division once every four years, be my guest. But I want and expect more out of a franchise that used to pride themselves on being in the playoffs every season under George Allen and Joe Gibbs.

If his cap is 6 mill this yr, it means we are paying 39 mill next 2 yrs, as he is getting 45 mill over first 3 yrs. Agreed to Tomaz....almost 4 times the price as our previous as good or better safety. Let's not forget we are paying a dead cap hit for Swearinger too

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    If his cap is 6 mill this yr, it means we are paying 39 mill next 2 yrs, as he is getting 45 mill over first 3 yrs. Agreed to Tomaz....almost 4 times the price as our previous as good or better safety. Let's not forget we are paying a dead cap hit for Swearinger too
    That's not accurate at all. His negativity has gone to your head or just the glare from Swearingers teeth. Ridiculousness.

The cap hit this year is 4 mill. Trust me when I tell you that many money-cap gurus in the NFL are calling the SKINS deal with Landon Collins a thing of beauty. The SKINS contracts writer Eric Schaffer did a fantastic job structuring this deal and EVERY football mind will tell you that. The way the money is spread around is a masterpiece written up by Mr. Schaffer. I know some of you will not like that but its reality. SKINS, Hail!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast