Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think Micheal Jackson was guilty?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • guilty

7 70.00%
  • not guilty

3 30.00%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

If we believe (or know) or it is proven that Jackson is guilty of what he's alleged to have done. Is it still acceptable to listen to his music?

I think it is acceptable to still listen to his music, though I could also understand why one wouldn't want to. I generally don't have much of a problem with separating the art from the artist.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If we believe (or know) or it is proven that Jackson is guilty of what he's alleged to have done. Is it still acceptable to listen to his music?
    You sound like NPR ladies SNL used to make fun of when they could be bothered to engage in humor.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I think it is acceptable to still listen to his music, though I could also understand why one wouldn't want to. I generally don't have much of a problem with separating the art from the artist.
    I think itís crazy not to. Enjoying art is about disconnecting from our need to organize to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Everything up until the free willy soundtrack is fair game, kid diddling or not.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Everything up until the free willy soundtrack is fair game, kid diddling or not.
    Iím allowed to like his pre kid diddling catalog?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not everyone knows about Jackson's exploits with little children. Some think it is nothing but rumors, some staunchly defend him, and younger people might not know anything about him other than a few hit songs they've heard through their parents or something.

If you don't want to view this kind of information, I totally get it. What I don't get is you going beyond that and making it sound as though the victims are doing something wrong here. Getting this info out there can only help prevent situations like this from happening again. Speaking publicly about what they went through could also help the victims move on, which you have no right to say whether it is the right way for them to heal or not.
    I guess I would be absolutely shocked if someone didn't know he was a pedophile. If there actually are people that don't know about it, then sure, drag him through the mud. But man anyone above age 20 should know all about that ****.

Saddest part is no, it won't stop it. What parent lets their 5 year old boy sleep over in MJs room? Seriously. Money, fame, and power are so powerful they make people do things they never would under rationale circumstamces. Plus look at the news, horrible dirtbags everywhere, murdering their own families, raping, and everything else. Sad world man.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Iím allowed to like his pre kid diddling catalog?

While we can't determine if or when that happened you're free to listen to most of his popular stuff including tracks that were recorded while he was white. Post Free Willy is no good though.

I think a big part of me hating this, is my cynical nature when it comes to people.

IF the victims are getting something out of this, then fine, I am onboard. But, I don't trust people. I am 99% certain this is all about money. And a dead man can't defend himself, and more importantly, can't be prosecuted or punished. So I just don't see the point.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    You sound like NPR ladies SNL used to make fun of when they could be bothered to engage in humor.
    You sound like someone who is not funny attempting to be funny.

I think itís crazy not to. Enjoying art is about disconnecting from our need to organize to me.
    Is there a line? Would you for instance, appraise or say you liked a painting from Adolph Hitler? I think most, even if they thought the painting was good, would not say that if the painter was Adolph Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Is there a line? Would you for instance, appraise or say you liked a painting from Adolph Hitler? I think most, even if they thought the painting was good, would not say that if the painter was Adolph Hitler.
    no line. I would still appreciate it. I might not say it because people would be like "he's a nazi".

Micheal Jackson's music makes the whitest folks dance and feel cool doing it. Art is supposed to strip inhibition and allow you to embrace a natural reaction. Saying you can't like someone art b/c of something outside there art is missing the point

no line. I would still appreciate it. I might not say it because people would be like "he's a nazi".

Micheal Jackson's music makes the whitest folks dance and feel cool doing it. Art is supposed to strip inhibition and allow you to embrace a natural reaction. Saying you can't like someone art b/c of something outside there art is missing the point
    I applaud your mentality even if you realize reality in terms of whether you'd tell other people.

I still listen to Michael Jackson's music. But I also still watched Louie after that whole thing broke.

No one really knows how these celebrities act behind closed doors so I wouldn't be surprised.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast