Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Brown is a speed burner and Beasley is as reliable as they come. The Bills have some of the top receivers in the league now in terms of air yards per target. They’ve set Allen up with a brand new line, specializing in pass protection, and receivers who can get open down the field and catch footballs. This off-season has gone a long way in inspiring optimism for me. Our options at 9 are plenty with the work done and I like that!

No news on Ziggy yet. Was hoping we would have signed him by now.

Gonna be tough to pull in any of these guys left over.

I like that they identified pass protectors and made it the priority. Very excited for the season already.

No More Free Agent Wideouts. Tate is in NY and Williams is in Oakland.

We need insurance behind Brown. Beasley is good, but as I said, he is only good when he has someone playing on the field with him. Huge number with Witten and Dez. Then the beginning of last year, all time low. Then they get Cooper and again, not one other player had more targets than Beasley. If Brown gets hurt, we are back to where we were last year. We need one more WR.

And as we saw last year, all the pass protection wont matter at all, if our WR's remain slow and we cant get separation.
    Last edited by sabres11; 03-15-2019 at 09:09 AM.

For Ziggy, they all expected if a deal gets done, it would be done Thursday. Of course no deal was done, but I don't think he left town either. He was suppose to leave Buffalo head to New Orleans. Saints have said visit hasn't happened yet so hopefully we hear it today.

I don't put any stock into peoples Mock Draft, but its interesting to compare before and after free agents begin to sign, to see what the so called experts think.

A week ago, nearly everyone had the Bills selecting Metcalf. Now, they have the Bills selecting Noah or Oliver. Some mocks have Metcalf falling to 16 for the Giants or being drafted 5th by Tampa. Even more interesting is that a lot of mocks have Arizona drafting Kyle Murray. That should have Rosen feeling real good after suffering through his fate last draft.

By patching up the OL and signing a few WRs, Beane really opened up his options on draft day. Every position is in play now, in my opinion.

As much as I want Metcalf, I think about how many games could have gone differently, if our pass rush was just a little bit better.

A good pass rush leads to more interceptions, as throws are made quicker and off balanced, not seeing the entire field. Last year, QB's had enough time to hike the ball, smoke a cigarette, call home and then complete a 3rd and 15 or longer. It was ridiculous how many 3rd and forevers our defense allowed to be converted. So if that stud on the line is available, I wouldn't criticize them for making the pick. But if they have Metcalf available, they better hope we get a Kalil Mack, Von Miller type player. No projects. It better be an impactful player right away.

I heard talk of an article, Don't know if it was Buffalo based or Houston based, but it suggested Houston either flopping 1st round picks with Buffalo, or the Bills trading away #9 for Clowney, allowing Houston to grab Noah. Who would be against that here?

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I heard talk of an article, Don't know if it was Buffalo based or Houston based, but it suggested Houston either flopping 1st round picks with Buffalo, or the Bills trading away #9 for Clowney, allowing Houston to grab Noah. Who would be against that here?
    Are you referring to Noah Fant? If so, as of now he's not projected to go until the late first round. Hockenson is viewed as the top TE.

If they don't end up signing Ziggy, this draft is too deep with defensive lineman and pass rushers to just flat out trade a first round pick and pay the type of money Clowney will get. A swap would be fine though.

Not interested in Clooney.

Sounds like a sports writer pitching a trade idea based on the leak that Buffalo had planned to swap 1sts with Pittsburgh to bring in Brown. I’m going to say little to no truth behind it.

We signed another O Linemen, La'adrian Waddle from the pats. Hopefully we get some intel from him too. Def looks like we may not got OL in rd 1 and may go defense now.

We are hosting Ed Oliver as well for a pre-draft visit.

I didn't notice auto correct changed what I wrote. Jonah the lineman, not Noah.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast