CB Kevin Johnson, 1-year
    RB Frank Gore, 1-year, $2 million
    TE Tyler Kroft, 3-years, $18.75 million
    C Mitch Morse, 4-years, $44.5 million
    WR Cole Beasley, 4-years, $29 million
    WR John Brown, 3-years, $27 million
    OT Ty Nsekhe, 2-years,
    OG Jon Feliciano
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 03-12-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Your contribution to this forum does not go un-noticed jack!

Can someone convince me that flowers is worth the big payday he is likely to recieve?
    word is the bills are in on him but i just dont see why he is a top option for a huge contract.

I'm always glad to help stir up discussion on this forum.

Looks like we don't have to worry about being sold on Flowers or not. He, along with Jesse James (bummer!) are signing with Detroit.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

Here is a look back to when Kevin Johnson was drafted 16th overall in 2015.

Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

RB Frank Gore - 1yr/$2m

TE Tyler Kroft - 3 yrs/$18m

Oldest RBs under contract for 2019:

1. Frank Gore, 35, BUF (5/14/1983)
    2. Chris Ivory, 30, BUF (3/22/1988)
    3. LeSean McCoy, 30, BUF (7/12/1988)
    4. Andre Ellington, 30, TE (2/3/1989)
    5. Rex Burkhead, 28, NE (7/2/1990)

A couple of interesting notes here.

Frank Gore's son, Frank Jr., received an offer from the University of Buffalo.

The Bills were also in on DeSean Jackson, but he ultimately went to his first preference, which was Philadelphia.

1,543 pass blocks for Mitch Morse without allowing a sack. Hasn't allowed a sack since 2015. His pass blocking efficiency last season was a whopping 98.4%. This is a huge signing for us.

Love the Morse signing. Kevin Johnson could be ok. Gore is a good blocker at least. Tough as nails. So far some smart, calculated, non-splashy moves. Wouldn't mind a few big fish moves too.

Morse had the second lowest pressure percentage at the center position at 1.0%. Only Rodney Hudson, 0.8%, was better.

The Bills are expected to remain in on Tyrell Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    A couple of interesting notes here.

Frank Gore's son, Frank Jr., received an offer from the University of Buffalo.

The Bills were also in on DeSean Jackson, but he ultimately went to his first preference, which was Philadelphia.
    Bills made a better offer to Tampa and would have paid JAckson more than Philly, but Desean said he wouldn't come to Buffalo.

Morse is a good pickup. Someone we needed to spend the money on.

As for Gore, this has to mean Ivory is gone. I think its a bad move, only because, his 4.6 yards a rush means nothing when our passing game isn't the same as the teams he previously been on. They would have served the team better by looking into Ingrim or CJ Anderson. But at this point, our Future Running back isn't even on the roster.

Johnson and Kroft are roll the dice kinda gambles.

Johnson missed 15 games with a concussion, people need to realize how neurologically damaged he might be. Or easily can become again, with one bad tackle or collision. It's a gamble we cant rate till after all is said and done.

Kroft is the same. Cinci gave him chance after chance and were literally begging for him to take the TE job away from Eifort, but he could not stay healthy. I can hold out hope in Johnson to stay healthy, but for Kroft, I have seen enough, he will not make it past a couple games. If McDermott was smart, he would use another TE between the 20's and just use Kroft in the redzone only, because Kroft doesn't drop TD passes.

As for receivers available, Bills need to get fast. Allison from GB might help, but he comes with the injury history as well. Bean and McDermott both said that this off season, we need to get bigger and faster. With the exception of Morse. DO you think we got bigger and faster or older smaller and slower.

Its sad that the talent at the WR position just doesn't want to play here. It is even sadder that Andre Reed and Stevie Johnson have voiced that they called McDermott and offered assistance. They wanted to help train the WR's, then help bring in talent once they are affiliated with the team again, but McDermott said No. I guess he thinks he has it covered. McDermott and Bean need to realize, several players in a year openly shun the idea of playing in Buffalo, but then welcome Oakland, it is not about the team, its about the City of Buffalo. What better way to change the image of Buffalo, is to have former players tell these free agents what it is like living here. Sadly, Josh Allen hasn't helped. Allen did a video with some chick walking through the park and Josh Allen said, "oh, there is nothing to do in Buffalo at all, except for eating". He did not say it in a mean way, but geez, it shouldn't have been said at all. How does the future Franchise QB not know he is now the ambassador of the team and that he is suppose to help bring players to Buffalo. Not tell everyone with a smile that there is nothing to do in Buffalo.
    Last edited by sabres11; 03-12-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Long time fan here and long member of the old Bills.com Fan Board. I have to say I am happy with the moves so far. Nothing flashy but love the Morse move, Bills needed help on the line. Kroft is a gamble but did show flashes and is a big body TE for Allen's safety net. Johnson is worth a flyer and can't be any worse than that bum Davis last year. I think the Bills will make a few more moves during Phase 2 of Free Agency.

Damn Jackson would have been perfect.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast