Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 313 of 347 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 5201
  1. #4681
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30,595
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Hes not going to be good enough to help us though. And who loses minutes if he does come back? McGee or Howard?
    I do not think he is going to take the centers place, but could be just another option at times if healthy.
    You will never be forgotten! Lebron and friends

  2. #4682
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,192
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Hes not going to be good enough to help us though. And who loses minutes if he does come back? McGee or Howard?
    Shouldn't even be a question mark, mcgee of course.

  3. #4683
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Shouldn't even be a question mark, mcgee of course.
    Meh.. Id rather not have him back. Hes not going to be in game shape nor is his D going to be good. We cant experiment with our rotations in the playoffs.

  4. #4684
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,930
    DMCs friendship with AD and with ADs free agency coming up makes me skeptical of Vogels DMC update. He probably don't even believe what he's saying. Could just be a smokescreen to hide that the organization is bending knee to AD. Not saying it's what I 100% believe but it wouldn't surprise me.

    Also not saying I'm mad about it either if that was in fact the case. It's a players league and every franchise with a superstar has to bow down to him once he's up for free agency.

    Either way, if he were to come back this season I highly doubt he will have a positive effect on the team. He won't be giving 100% trying to avoid another injury. Just let him sit it out.

  5. #4685
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,243
    Yep, hes not coming back nowhere close to ready this season, chemistry, endurance, rhythm etc wise.... if were spanking some team in a game during a series, sure give him some garbage minutes but TJ think he can come back and be effective at all in meaningful minutes, not happening.

  6. #4686
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,310
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Yep, hes not coming back nowhere close to ready this season, chemistry, endurance, rhythm etc wise.... if were spanking some team in a game during a series, sure give him some garbage minutes but TJ think he can come back and be effective at all in meaningful minutes, not happening.
    This..

  7. #4687
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,192
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Meh.. Id rather not have him back. Hes not going to be in game shape nor is his D going to be good. We cant experiment with our rotations in the playoffs.
    I never talked about this season, I talked about next season, I already said in a previous post that we don't need him this season since he will never be game ready, let him re-sign with us, train all summer long and come back ready.

  8. #4688
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,192
    The Spurs explored trading Carroll, but the Feb. 6 league deadline for teams to broker deals passed without any movement. Asked if he was surprised a trade didnt happen, Carroll said, Yeah, but no. Me being 33 and being in the league 11, 12 years, I know the NBA.*If you really want to trade somebody, the biggest thing you have to do is maybe show their value, play them a little bit. Not playing really hurt my value a lot. It got a lot of teams probably second-guessing and saying, Is he hurt? Is something wrong with him? *

    *via*Tom Orsborn @ San Antonio Express-News

    Asked if a buyout is a possibility, a tricky situation given how much money remains on his contract, Carroll said he visited with his agent, Mark Bartelstein, in Chicago during All-Star Weekend. He is handling that, Carroll said.*Him and (Spurs general manager) Brian (Wright) and all of them. I dont know what direction we are going to go. But at the end of the day, at 33, I dont want to waste my talents just sitting at the end of the bench, knowing I could help a team produce.*

  9. #4689
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,930
    ^^^ Carroll still has $8 million guaranteed after this season, how much of that would he be willing leave to be bought out. Really doubt SA gives him the whole $8 million.

  10. #4690
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,192
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    ^^^ Carroll still has $8 million guaranteed after this season, how much of that would he be willing leave to be bought out. Really doubt SA gives him the whole $8 million.
    He seems to want something to happen with his situation, would you consider him an option if he becomes available?

  11. #4691
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    He seems to want something to happen with his situation, would you consider him an option if he becomes available?
    Not in my top 5 (10?) but would definitely take him over Daniels.

  12. #4692
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,192
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Not in my top 5 (10?) but would definitely take him over Daniels.
    Thanks for answering, that's what I think, not a top option but considering how the market is and might be until march 1st...

  13. #4693
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30,595
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Meh.. Id rather not have him back. Hes not going to be in game shape nor is his D going to be good. We cant experiment with our rotations in the playoffs.
    Coach said, only if he healthy and in rhythm of the game. Otherwise, until next season.
    You will never be forgotten! Lebron and friends

  14. #4694
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,243
    Easily take Carroll

  15. #4695
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I never talked about this season, I talked about next season, I already said in a previous post that we don't need him this season since he will never be game ready, let him re-sign with us, train all summer long and come back ready.
    Yeah, the poster I was quoting was talking about him coming back for the playoffs and thats what my post was about. Im not talking about next season.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •