Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 283 of 347 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 5201
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Why do you think most in season trades happen right before the trade deadline? Teams hold out to get the most value. Happens every year. Pelinka did the right thing by standing pat.

Why would we want Stanley or Sefolosha? We have wings that are better than them.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    1st paragraph - True but doesn't always have to be the case. There are also trades that happen before the final week of the TD. It didn't look to me that he was ready. Teams have always tried to rape us the week of the TD, that's nothing new. But that's also the reason we shouldn't wait to the TD. Other GMs always let it known that they're always looking to deal if it makes their team better. They don't have to name drop. They all got deals done. I'm sure other GMs were looking at their players seeing what they wanted way before this week. Pelinka was opposite, he made it seem he was totally content with the team.

2nd sentence - We have better defensive wings with their size?

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    1st paragraph - True but doesn't always have to be the case. There are also trades that happen before the final week of the TD. It didn't look to me that he was ready. Teams have always tried to rape us the week of the TD, that's nothing new. But that's also the reason we shouldn't wait to the TD. Other GMs always let it known that they're always looking to deal if it makes their team better. They don't have to name drop. They all got deals done. I'm sure other GMs were looking at their players seeing what they wanted way before this week. Pelinka was opposite, he made it seem he was totally content with the team.

2nd sentence - We have better defensive wings with their size?
    We don't know if pelinka didn't try something before the TD, not making excuses for him since he has to handle the job but it might not be easy to always have to offer more than others teams, I mean how the hell the clippers got morris with the crap they gave...

#17 for #24

Job's done

nvm double post
    Last edited by Mave1002; 02-07-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    McGee/Howard
    AD/Harkless
    Lebron/Kuzma
    Green/KCP
    Bradley/Collison/Caruso
    I would love it.
    Cut Cook and Daniels?

That would be sweet if they can get those two.

If Lakers were smart, they would go after Collison instead of JR Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    We don't know if pelinka didn't try something before the TD, not making excuses for him since he has to handle the job but it might not be easy to always have to offer more than others teams, I mean how the hell the clippers got morris with the crap they gave...
    NBA GMs are a bunch of women, they like to talk and gossip. "So and so offered me this".

If Pelinka would've tried something before we would've heard about it afterwards. I'm not saying he should've just called other GMs and quickly made an offer for a certain player cause that could backfire big time. Just be tactful about it, saying something through the media like he's "always" looking to improve his team. He never did that (I don't believe) I just remember him saying how proud he is of the team.

Then after it's out there that he's "always" looking to improve his team and he pinpoints a team that will be obvious sellers come the TD give the GM a call and just inquire about the availability of a certain player, don't make an offer. Just inquire and move on. Plant the seed in their head and let it grow. Don't look desperate. They'll call back if they're really interested in trading that player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Cut Cook and Daniels?
    Cook is signed for 2 years, really doubtful he gets cut. Most likely Daniels and either DMC, Dudley or THT

Cook is signed for 2 years, really doubtful he gets cut. Most likely Daniels and either DMC, Dudley or THT
    Ya but his second year carries no dead money. So Lakers can cut without consequences, it 100% wonít be THT and I donít think they would cut Boogie.

Cooks, Daniels, Dudley are the option imo

Ya but his second year carries no dead money. So Lakers can cut without consequences, it 100% wonít be THT and I donít think they would cut Boogie.

Cooks, Daniels, Dudley are the option imo
    Good to know. If that's the case then it will mostly like be Daniels & Cook. Maybe Dudley but i doubt it cause of our shortages of Fs.

**** the TD. That's in the past already, let's get this championship. Not saying I'm 100% confident cause I'm not but what's done is done.

I am gonna be very critical of Pelinka though going forward.

Before we all decide to hurt ourselves, letís see what happens on the buy out market. These wings know we are a chip caliber team and guys like Harkless know that we really need a player like him so he will get minutes. Also he knows the Slippers system. That can help. Letís see what these guys do. If no one comes then we can all hurt ourselves.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."

**** the TD. That's in the past already, let's get this championship. Not saying I'm 100% confident cause I'm not but what's done is done.

I am gonna be very critical of Pelinka though going forward.
    Kobeís passing has hurt all of us, especially Rob.

I also think running this Laker team with the added new title of VP of Bball Ops is an added pressure for Rob.

Just donít think the little Buss brothers, Tim Cook, the Rambi, and Jeanie are the best support systems in a front office. Rob doesnít have the proper support of intelligent and creative basketball minds. Itís sorely lacking.

We can all agree that Ryan West was much better than Joey and Jesse, but politics led him to join his pops in clipperland.

Iím telling ya, the clippers have it all to win it this year. Kobeís passing and a Clippers title are the 2 worst things that can happen to Laker Nation. And I think the second is going to happening June, and theyíll oust the Lakers come May.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Before we all decide to hurt ourselves, letís see what happens on the buy out market. These wings know we are a chip caliber team and guys like Harkless know that we really need a player like him so he will get minutes. Also he knows the Slippers system. That can help. Letís see what these guys do. If no one comes then we can all hurt ourselves.
    We have to waive someone to sign Collison

Who are we waivingng? ... Cook? ... Daniels? ... THT who we invested so much in the Gleague? ... ADís buddies Boogie or Rondo? ...