Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 225 of 342 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 5118
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    This sounds like he is getting ready to join Lebron.
    https://youtu.be/Ur8s34TjvDE
    This was just sort of weird. You have Woj telling him where he will play...lol.

So do the Griz have to pay him if he doesnt report or play?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    https://youtu.be/_KPLhScbf90 Iggy need to get Grizzlies to let him go. So we can sign him and Collison both.
    Iggy hasn't looked like he's itching to get back into the league to me. He doesn't want to get out of Memphis that bad. If he did all's he had to do is go to the Memphis brass and say,

"I'm willing to leave $3 mi...."

And this is how fast they would have his buyout papers in front of him to agree and sign

.... llion on the table."

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Iím not sure about Iggy, he sounded like heís leaning Clippers if he gets bought out...
    I would love to add Collison to this team but I'm not holding my breath for him either. Both LA teams have been said to be the front runners to sign him but that doesn't mean they're the only teams. IMO Orlando can now be in the mix for Collison and probably even Iggy also. Our biggest selling point to Collison is that we have that $1.75 million exception to offer, that would be an actual $1.75 million. Not prorated. It's been reported that Orlando is looking for a PG, they just got a $4.6 million exception due to Aminus injury. That $4.6 million could sway Collison to Orlando.

And now Orlando is trying to get a DPE for Isaacs injury. If they get it, I think it could be close to $3 million.

Just my uninformed opinion, but -

- MEM want an asset for their rebuild for Iggy and donít really want to simply pay him out, any amount.
    - Collison lives in Cali and only wants to play for a LA team. Itís not about the money, itís about contending with a local team.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Bait View Post
    Just my uninformed opinion, but -

- MEM want an asset for their rebuild for Iggy and donít really want to simply pay him out, any amount.
    - Collison lives in Cali and only wants to play for a LA team. Itís not about the money, itís about contending with a local team.
    If this is true, that he "only" wants to play for an LA team then we good.

I'm not buying that money won't have any effect on his decision though. Sure it's easy to say that it's not about money when there really wasn't any major differential of money out there, but now that there is it could change his options. Not saying it will but it could.

If every team could only offer $1-2 million then sure everyone would be more firm on what they want. But if a team all of a sudden now has $4.6 million a lot of players will then become more open to what they're looking for.

Having said the above ^, I ask again, is it unrealistic to suggest we contact MEM and say trade Cook/Daniels/THT for Jackson and the draft rights for Wang. MEM then having got something for nothing basically as an aside agree on a buyout with Iggy who has agreed to sign with us prior.

Sign Collison and Iggy and develop Jackson.

We keep Kuz and continue that route, but, I really think we need a tough stretch 4 - a Morris twin so to speak.
    Last edited by Trade Bait; 01-25-2020 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Bait View Post
    Having said the above ^, I ask again, is it unrealistic to suggest we contact MEM and say trade Cook/Daniels/THT for Jackson and the draft rights for Wang. MEM then having got something for nothing basically as an aside agree on a buyout with Iggy who has agreed to sign with us prior.

Sign Collison and Iggy and develop Jackson.

We keep Kuz and continue that route, but, I really think we need a tough stretch 4 - a Morris twin so to speak.
    The way I see it is that Memphis is already alright at G. They already have a 4 man rotation that are equal to or better then what you have them getting. Me personally see no point for them wanting to add Cook, Daniels or THT. Especially with a side deal of them buying out Iggy.

I do agree with you though that Jackson could most likely be had very cheaply. Just don't think it will be for more average Gs.

I do like your idea of maybe surrounding Jackson with more professional players could possibly turn his career around. Another player that i believe fits that narrative is Stanley Johnson. I don't know what's going on with him in Toronto but he keeps picking up DNP (coaches decision). And i think he'd be easier to get because he has a $3.8 million player option that Toronto is probably hoping he doesn't pick up. Toronto is another team though that has a bunch of Gs in their regular rotation.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 01-25-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    The way I see it is that Memphis is already alright at G. They already have a 4 man rotation that are equal to or better then what you have them getting. Me personally see no point for them wanting to add Cook, Daniels or THT. Especially with a side deal of them buying out Iggy.

I do agree with you though that Jackson could most likely be had very cheaply. Just don't think it will be for more average Gs.

I do like your idea of maybe surrounding Jackson with more professional players could possibly turn his career around. Another player that i believe fits that narrative is Stanley Johnson. I don't know what's going on with him in Toronto but he keeps picking up DNP (coaches decision). And i think he'd be easier to get because he has a $3.8 million player option that Toronto is probably hoping he doesn't pick up. Toronto is another team though that has a bunch of Gs in their regular rotation.
    I getcha. MEM though may only cash in on one or two of them. Anyway it was hypothetical. What are your thoughts if we add Kuz for a draft pick swap from them?

Didnít Stanley get the ire of Nick Nurse for the way he presented or his effort or something? I donít mind Johnson at all.

While weíre chewing the fat and/or consuming 5 or 8 Jack Daniels!!! What about Buddy Hield being demoted to the 2nd unit? Iíve always thought he would be a ridiculously good fit with AD and LBJ, and then for the future with AD. Heís on a poison pill, and I love Danny Green, but Iíd be happy to pony up Kuz ( SAC could really use Kuz and play Bog as the 2 ) and Danny to cover the PP and get Buddy in. Heís an very underrated defender and an absolute sniper/playmaker to compliment the Big 2. They sit, he thrives with our second unit.

Also, Dion Waiters made an appearance today. You know the ex-Pelinka, now Klutch, microwave scorer. Another good fit with LeBravis.

Thoughts, anyone, TX, Nick Kyrgios, anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I would love to add Collison to this team but I'm not holding my breath for him either. Both LA teams have been said to be the front runners to sign him but that doesn't mean they're the only teams. IMO Orlando can now be in the mix for Collison and probably even Iggy also. Our biggest selling point to Collison is that we have that $1.75 million exception to offer, that would be an actual $1.75 million. Not prorated. It's been reported that Orlando is looking for a PG, they just got a $4.6 million exception due to Aminus injury. That $4.6 million could sway Collison to Orlando.

And now Orlando is trying to get a DPE for Isaacs injury. If they get it, I think it could be close to $3 million.
    we got a few we can trade them. Cook, Rondo or Caruso

Rumor out there saying LAL turned down a Caruso + 2nd for Rose...

Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Where did you see that?

Interesting. Maybe Collison is in the bag.

"The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

We would suffer on defense some without Caruso, however for Rose I think you do it especially if you dont have to surrender Kuz.

I'm not sure I buy this rumbling or not because i think it would have happened already if Detroit agreed to it.

Besides it wouldn't be straight up..it would have to be..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=w5oqw3k

Either cook or Daniel's sent along with a 2nd rounder . I would send cook and Daniel's if we could get Svi back...lol.

Unfortunate how cook isnt getting playing time.

Caruso looked like he was playing well beginning of the year and then sort of just looked like a regular rotation guy. I still like his tenacity in the game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

It said Caruso + 2nd + salary filler, so it wasnít straight up and the rumor said LAL turned it down not Det.