Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 315 of 347 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 5201
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'm not feeling starting Howard. Sure it would make our already strong starting 5 minimally better but it would also make our weak bench weaker. IMO McGee thrives playing next to LBJ and AD cause he's really in there to defend, whatever we get from him offensively is a plus. Our bench has trouble scoring and we need every point possible from every player, IMO that'll be asking too much from McGee. Not only defending but we also "need" him to score.

Rebounding is another issue, Dwight is a better rebounder then McGee. We don't really have rebounders on our bench and it will also get weaker if we were to replace Howard with McGee.

I agree that we can roll with what we got shooting wise and it's wing defender(s) that we need. Faried and Lance Thomas are both out there.
    Don't know how thomas looks as of late, faried got waived from a chinese team in late 2019 and no one picked him then.

Not sure if any can have an impact on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Don't know how thomas looks as of late, faried got waived from a chinese team in late 2019 and no one picked him then.

Not sure if any can have an impact on our team.
    I'm not sure either but would be worth a look at least. Don't know anything about Faried and his Chinese team but if i had to take a guess i would say it's probably attitude vrs play. He's had attitude issues his last couple of years in the league but maybe Howard could have a positive effect on him.

Thomas, also don't know but if he still gots something 8-10 mins per game, I'd take that over Daniels 0 minutes. He doesn't even have to be a game changer, just hold his own while LBJ gets a breather. Don't be in the negative.

I'm not sure either but would be worth a look at least. Don't know anything about Faried and his Chinese team but if i had to take a guess i would say it's probably attitude vrs play. He's had attitude issues his last couple of years in the league but maybe Howard could have a positive effect on him.

Thomas, also don't know but if he still gots something 8-10 mins per game, I'd take that over Daniels 0 minutes. He doesn't even have to be a game changer, just hold his own while LBJ gets a breather. Don't be in the negative.
    Honestly, seems like we are weighing our options and will sign the best guy available before march 1st.

I'm not feeling starting Howard. Sure it would make our already strong starting 5 minimally better but it would also make our weak bench weaker. IMO McGee thrives playing next to LBJ and AD cause he's really in there to defend, whatever we get from him offensively is a plus. Our bench has trouble scoring and we need every point possible from every player, IMO that'll be asking too much from McGee. Not only defending but we also "need" him to score.

Rebounding is another issue, Dwight is a better rebounder then McGee. We don't really have rebounders on our bench and it will also get weaker if we were to replace Howard with McGee.

I agree that we can roll with what we got shooting wise and it's wing defender(s) that we need. Faried and Lance Thomas are both out there.
    Iím agreeing with what Tex is saying. Howard is better coming off the bench and at this point in the season it might mess up McGees rhythm. What is more important is Howard finishing games. He manhandled the Jocker and probably the main reason why we beet them twice in Denver.

One exception is against the Clippers. I would like him to start against them. AD is a better matchup against Harrell anyway to finish games. Howard will manhandle Zubac in the beginning of games.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Lol I never thought anyone would say Howard would have a positive affect on someone but you are correct. This is a closely bonded vet team. Even before what happened to Kobe. I donít think that part would be as much of a distraction as maybe last years team.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Honestly, seems like we are weighing our options and will sign the best guy available before march 1st.
    Hope we get someone. What Iím liking about Pelinka is that he is not making moves to just make them. Everything is calculated. I feel that the Zubac trade was a desperation move by Magic.

Yea Iím not sure Howard will be closing lineups in the playoffs especially being a liability on the FT line. We finished the game both times vs Denver with AD playing the 5 and locking up Joker to finish the game. Weíre 28-2 when Howard plays more than 20+minutes. I also donít think itís some drastic difference between Howard and McGee offensively, when they both bring similar skill sets offensively. Howard starting puts us in a position to switch 1-5, unlike McGee who has a ton of trouble switching onto smaller guys.

My point is the rotations need to be adjusted, Caruso should be playing more minutes than 18 to Rondoís 21m. Howard should be playing 20+ a game. McGee is a professional and should take the rotation switch classy as this is a championship year, not sure his 7pts, 8reb canít be had coming off the bench against second string Cís.

Weíll see what happens but I fully expect the rotation to change and get tighter as the playoffs are right around the corner.

Wish we would of traded for CP3. He was awesome yesterday and even caught an alley oop

Iíd also go all in with a trade for Ben Simmons at this point too

CP3 would be a dream but no way thatís possible at his salary and Simmons if he got traded would go for an extremely high price..much more than we have in assets

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Wish we would of traded for CP3. He was awesome yesterday and even caught an alley oop
    Yeah back in 2011 till the league stopped it.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Yea Iím not sure Howard will be closing lineups in the playoffs especially being a liability on the FT line. We finished the game both times vs Denver with AD playing the 5 and locking up Joker to finish the game. Weíre 28-2 when Howard plays more than 20+minutes. I also donít think itís some drastic difference between Howard and McGee offensively, when they both bring similar skill sets offensively. Howard starting puts us in a position to switch 1-5, unlike McGee who has a ton of trouble switching onto smaller guys.

My point is the rotations need to be adjusted, Caruso should be playing more minutes than 18 to Rondoís 21m. Howard should be playing 20+ a game. McGee is a professional and should take the rotation switch classy as this is a championship year, not sure his 7pts, 8reb canít be had coming off the bench against second string Cís.

Weíll see what happens but I fully expect the rotation to change and get tighter as the playoffs are right around the corner.
    Or it's too late already for that.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Too late for....?

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    DM. Suggestion on how you can stay here and not get frustrated. Instead of always giving a negative response to someoneís post you can initiate a post on your own and give your own opinion on things. You have a lot of knowledge and that should be shared on this forum. Just sayin.

Did you all hear that crazy rumor that Kevin Garnett called Kobe in 2007 or 2008 to discuss playing together before agreeing to be traded to Boston? Apparently KG had no desire to play in Boston initially and also because of the racial thing that was a real thing in the 80s. Not trying to start anything there just staring what I heard.

Apparently KG tried calling Kobe twice and he did not answer...boy the possibilities that could have been. It was Lamar Odom and Bynum that I heard was talked about.
    Glen Taylor agreed in principle but it didnt happen obviously. Two missed calls missing an opportunity...lol...I've heard crazier things....

I always loved KGs tenacity and killer mentality but I'm not sure how he and Kobe would have meshed. Obviously no Pau Gasol if we got KG. Maybe we win 3 titles instead of 2 to keep him from Boston?

Pau and Kobe however played a great 2 man game and had chemistry since day one. Hard to say KG would have been better or not. Definitely still would have won 1 or 2 titles with KG more than likely if Healthy.

I always get a bit intrigued when I hear things like this. Always fun to think what if. Still will never forget Kobe and Pau winning especially against Boston. That was pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Swift Game; 02-17-2020 at 03:33 PM.

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]