Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 314 of 347 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 5201
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    ^^^ Carroll still has $8 million guaranteed after this season, how much of that would he be willing leave to be bought out. Really doubt SA gives him the whole $8 million.
    Yes we know, but the guy clearly wants to escape and play somewhere. We can use his services.
    You will never be forgotten! Lebron and friends

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Yeah, the poster I was quoting was talking about him coming back for the playoffs and thats what my post was about. Im not talking about next season.
    Yes sir!

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Easily take Carroll
    He could help.

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Yes we know, but the guy clearly wants to escape and play somewhere. We can use his services.
    Same story different player. Every disgruntled player complaining about PT or role want to go elsewhere. None of them want to leave money on the table though. They don't want out that bad.

Nice, going to re-post this in the Lakers news thread

Can DMC play if we use his injury exception?

Also, if we offered that 1.75M to Carroll say, he could conceivably give SAS back 3M and only come up 1.25M less and get the opportunity to play more with us and potentially win a ring.

Not my first option but not the worst option.

Still like me some Manimal though....and maybe another shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Bait View Post
    Can DMC play if we use his injury exception?

Also, if we offered that 1.75M to Carroll say, he could conceivably give SAS back 3M and only come up 1.25M less and get the opportunity to play more with us and potentially win a ring.

Not my first option but not the worst option.

Still like me some Manimal though....and maybe another shooter.
    Good idea, definitely beneficial for all 3 parties.

To think though, in the 4 games since TD, Cook has played less then 5 total minutes - in Toronto's 4 games Stanley Johnson has 4 straight DNP (coaches decision). A straight up trade would've made sense for both teams, especially with Powells injury. Also, Johnson has a $3.8 million PO for next season - Toronto probably hoping he doesn't pick it up but with them not playing him, they could be giving him no other option but to pick it up.

We'd still have the $1.75 million DPE to maybe offer Faried. I'm feeling Faried right now also.

Is Faried even in basketball shape?

Is Faried even in basketball shape?
    He used to an animal with power and energy, but something happened to his game. He can not shoot well and that is another problem. We need shooters and one sf that can give us some decent defense to help Lebron.
    You will never be forgotten! Lebron and friends

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    He used to an animal with power and energy, but something happened to his game. He can not shoot well and that is another problem. We need shooters and one sf that can give us some decent defense to help Lebron.
    Im not concerned so much with shooters... the team is shooting 36.3%, 12th overall, top 5 away 3pt shooting and literally 1% u/ being a top 5 3pt shooting team overall... we have the shooters. We need to focus on playoff matchups and grab that wing defender with size who can help us with the bigger elite wings. 5-10m 6fouls...I just dont think one will become available before March 1st.

Really think the answer is switching the starting lineup and giving Howard the starting nod, were a top 5 defensive team right now but feel Howard gives us the ability to switch 1-5 and make us even better as he can switch onto smaller guys unlike MGee.

Im not concerned so much with shooters... the team is shooting 36.3%, 12th overall, top 5 away 3pt shooting and literally 1% u/ being a top 5 3pt shooting team overall... we have the shooters. We need to focus on playoff matchups and grab that wing defender with size who can help us with the bigger elite wings. 5-10m 6fouls...I just dont think one will become available before March 1st.

Really think the answer is switching the starting lineup and giving Howard the starting nod, were a top 5 defensive team right now but feel Howard gives us the ability to switch 1-5 and make us even better as he can switch onto smaller guys unlike MGee.
    Dwight as your starting C at the 5 definitely works

Definitely agree but I still don't think vogel will make that call.

I want Dwight starting since day 1.

I'm not feeling starting Howard. Sure it would make our already strong starting 5 minimally better but it would also make our weak bench weaker. IMO McGee thrives playing next to LBJ and AD cause he's really in there to defend, whatever we get from him offensively is a plus. Our bench has trouble scoring and we need every point possible from every player, IMO that'll be asking too much from McGee. Not only defending but we also "need" him to score.

Rebounding is another issue, Dwight is a better rebounder then McGee. We don't really have rebounders on our bench and it will also get weaker if we were to replace Howard with McGee.

I agree that we can roll with what we got shooting wise and it's wing defender(s) that we need. Faried and Lance Thomas are both out there.