Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 153 of 220 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3295
  1. #2281
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    8,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    This was kind of my point about Kuz.and the thread I created a little while back..I believe there is some animosity with Kuz and some of the Vets. I didnt know about Rondo, but definitely Danmy green. He barked at Green when he returned from his injury for not passing the ball.

    What worries me about Kuz is he wants that contract and is sacrificing the right play at times for himself. This guy is going to be more about his brand than basketball it seems. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Lakers should consider the right piece for the championship run. I dont think Kuz is ready for the playoffs and could be a weak link in the chain.

    I like the JJ redick idea over a guy like Daniel's. I'm still not ready to sell on Cook as I think he will be valuable in the playoffs.

    I wouldn't think twice about sending kcp for Redick. Kcp starts playing a bit better as a starter and plays like crap with the 2nd unit. Cry baby move to me.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

    Kuz has always had that chip on his shoulder since being picked in the late 1st round. I think he is trying to be a leader and maybe the vets are blowing him off. Kuz has never been on a chip quality team and has hit a steep learning curve. We have another couple of months to see what Kuz will do. I believe he will do a lot better after the All Star break.

    I think trying to pick up Reddick is a great idea but don't know if KCP is enough. If we can't get Iggy and need another playoff vet then Reddick is a good idea. KCP gives us a better defensive presence so Vogul might actually want to keep KCP under those circumstances. He is always about defense.

  2. #2282
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    54,433
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Kuz has always had that chip on his shoulder since being picked in the late 1st round. I think he is trying to be a leader and maybe the vets are blowing him off. Kuz has never been on a chip quality team and has hit a steep learning curve. We have another couple of months to see what Kuz will do. I believe he will do a lot better after the All Star break.

    I think trying to pick up Reddick is a great idea but don't know if KCP is enough. If we can't get Iggy and need another playoff vet then Reddick is a good idea. KCP gives us a better defensive presence so Vogul might actually want to keep KCP under those circumstances. He is always about defense.

    THT and change the pick scenario going to the Pelicans... we could find a way to
    Make it work somehow for JJ..

  3. #2283
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    8,329
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    THT and change the pick scenario going to the Pelicans... we could find a way to
    Make it work somehow for JJ..
    Itís a good idea. I still think we should hold out for Iggy but I think Houston might be desperate enough to give up a pick for him.

  4. #2284
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    54,433
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Itís a good idea. I still think we should hold out for Iggy but I think Houston might be desperate enough to give up a pick for him.
    The trouble with Iggy is heís making 17m in cap... which makes it very difficult for contending teams to make that trade... not only do you have to give up draft capital but have to get within 20% of that 17m in contract $$$

  5. #2285
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,767
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    The trouble with Iggy is heís making 17m in cap... which makes it very difficult for contending teams to make that trade... not only do you have to give up draft capital but have to get within 20% of that 17m in contract $$$
    Exactly. Clipps and Lakers dont have any picks. Lakers have 2025 pick only. Clipps dont even have a spot for Iggy. They are stacked with depth. Houston would have to give up Gordon or Tucker which would be stupid. He is stuck in Memphis unless a non contender goes for him or Denver maybe.
    Pretty dirty of Memphis to let him rot. They are not making playoffs.

  6. #2286
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Exactly. Clipps and Lakers dont have any picks. Lakers have 2025 pick only. Clipps dont even have a spot for Iggy. They are stacked with depth. Houston would have to give up Gordon or Tucker which would be stupid. He is stuck in Memphis unless a non contender goes for him or Denver maybe.
    Pretty dirty of Memphis to let him rot. They are not making playoffs.
    The closer we get to the TD there will be a market for him from playoffs contenders. The thing with Memphis though is that they're so under the cap next season and with no free agents really available, they can afford to take on a bad contract along with a pick. Example: let's say Minnesota gets hot and has a serious shot at the 4th seed in the West, they can offer Dieng and a 1st for AI. Does Memphis say no? Would they really just let AI walk for nothing and they still gonna have like $40 million to spend next season just to get to the cap floor? Another example: Philly will be in cap hell next season when Simmons extension kicks in, they could decide to offer Richardson for AIs expiring. Just examples and there will be more, I still got Dallas as the favorites offering Lee's expiring along with sweeteners. Especially if Dallas continues to play really well.

    And I don't think Memphis is doing AI wrong, they're still paying him. If he really wants out he can just say he'll leave the money on the table for his release.

  7. #2287
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    THT and change the pick scenario going to the Pelicans... we could find a way to
    Make it work somehow for JJ..
    THT makes less then $1 million, we'd still have to come up with about another $8 million in contracts.

    And I think NO already has the right to swap 1st round draft picks with us for the 2 years we don't already pay them their 1sts.

    I really don't see anything we have that would probably interest NO.

  8. #2288
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    54,433
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    THT makes less then $1 million, we'd still have to come up with about another $8 million in contracts.

    And I think NO already has the right to swap 1st round draft picks with us for the 2 years we don't already pay them their 1sts.

    I really don't see anything we have that would probably interest NO.
    Yea we would have to Reach 10.4 to make the trade work. We keep our 1st next year and then itís swap, 1st, swap.

  9. #2289
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Yea we would have to Reach 10.4 to make the trade work. We keep our 1st next year and then itís swap, 1st, swap.
    Taking KCP off the table, how do you suggest we get to that 10.4?

  10. #2290
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    54,433
    https://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/cap/


    We donít, unless we send multiple players and JJ wouldnít push us over the top, especially if we have to minus some valuable players to get to that figure.

  11. #2291
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    8,329
    LOL, so we are probably staying where we are at now.

  12. #2292
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,514
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I don't think so either but not because I believe he's on the no trade list, I just don't think he has the market we would like. If he had that kind of market then why did he stay a free agent that long before we settled on him?

    IMO he's overrated. He's still living off his reputation from his SA days when he was a great defender. He's still good but not like his SA days. He also benefited a lot playing next to Kawhi who always defended the best player so Green got the "other" guy. Same in Toronto.

    Also in SA he was part of the offense so he was more consistent. With the Lakers here just settles behind the 3 point line and hopes to get the ball sometime. He's been very inconsistent this season, he has a great game but then quickly followed by 2-3 bad games.

    Also, I think you're sleeping on Snell
    You have good reasons for feeling this way about Green, but since we're not trading him....it's a moot point. I'd also put Bradley on the "no-chance-in-hell-he-gets-traded" list. Not this year.

    Kuz is different because he's a had two full seasons to establish himself. Also, we might get more for him now than if we wait......how about Kuz, Cook, and Daniels for Snell, Rose, and Maker? That way we get a little youth project also in Maker

  13. #2293
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    You have good reasons for feeling this way about Green, but since we're not trading him....it's a moot point. I'd also put Bradley on the "no-chance-in-hell-he-gets-traded" list. Not this year.

    Kuz is different because he's a had two full seasons to establish himself. Also, we might get more for him now than if we wait......how about Kuz, Cook, and Daniels for Snell, Rose, and Maker? That way we get a little youth project also in Maker
    Because of salaries them 3 only get us Rose. No way in hell I do that trade. That'll greatly weaken our forwards depth.

    I'd really consider Kuzma & Daniels for Morris, Svi & a pick

  14. #2294
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5
    Iím sorry but I never thoughT kuz was going to fit. I was hoping we kept BI instead of kuzma, but thatís the past. Everyone is coming up with a lot of trades, but letís go after real guys we can possibly get. I think we have 3 options that would really make since for this season and for the future. I would call up the spurs. Yes I said it, the spurs lol. I would trade kuzma and piece to make money work for derozan. Pop worked with kuzma over the summer in the USA team. He stated that he really liked kuz game. Kuzma even came out and said he would love to have him as a coach. I think derozan would fit in well with are team, finishing fast breaks, and his mid range jumper is deadly. 2nd I would call the pistons, not for a role player in rose or anything , but I would ask about Blake . Blake is making a lot of money for a team thatís about to be in rebuild mode. Why not get a good young guy in kuzma, and players to match for a pf thatís not getting us anywhere. The pistons could let kuzma became there star, and rack up on Lís to go after a high draft pick. Lakers get a pf in Blake that would kill teams with inside out, and both ad and Blakeís shooting .3rd if I couldnít get Blake for kuzma and players, I would offer kuzma and players for Drummond. Drummond is a free agent after the season, so they have to get something for him now. With Drummond we get a big that will kill the rebounds, play other teams bigs and be another shoot blocker. Ad wouldnít need to worry about playing the 5 ever again, and giving another score in the post.
    Last edited by Carlq40; 12-04-2019 at 07:14 AM.

  15. #2295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    819
    considering KCP has a no trade clause and Green with Kuz is our best trade assets, what about danny green and Kuz for Lavine (maybe throw in Hutchison)?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •