Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 331 of 347 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 5201
    Smith isnt an upgrade..

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Smith isnt an upgrade..
    ya, he would just be a distraction at this point. Just keep Daniels. It doesn't matter. The dude will not be playing in the playoffs anyway.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Smith isnt an upgrade..
    But he is. Anyone the coaching staff have confidence in and makes it on the court is an upgrade. He also plays some D. Same as anyone they bring in. If they have enough confidence and will play that person they are an upgrade over at least 3 of our players.

FWIW - Id start Kuzma in place of either Bradley or Green. Playing him with the second unit shows his deficiencies but I think its also a knock on his confidence not starting. Hed learn so much more. Id also seriously consider either IT, Waiters or Smith off the bench for Daniels. IT was putting up very solid numbers in DEN and WAS coming off the bench. Waiters can play, his star has been dimmed a lot by his indiscretions. Smith is a familiar commodity, as is IT somewhat to Bradley, LBJ, KCP and Kuzma, and is a microwave scorer with finals experience. All are upgrades on Daniels and potential rotation guys going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    The biggest thing that Smith has over Daniels is size. He could at least spell LBJ some minutes a game. But his signing would mean that we're more interested in offense over defense. Our 2nd unit struggles with both with our back up wings.

The 2nd biggest thing he has over Daniels IMO is his confidence to shoot. But that could also be detrimental to the team. If he comes in with the right mindset and understands that he will have a specific role and plays within that role, IMO he could be a very good asset to our team. But if he comes in with the mindset that we "need" him and dominates the ball with the 2nd unit, it will be very bad for our team.
    I'd actually bet against him being able to spell LBJ.......

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    I'd actually bet against him being able to spell LBJ.......
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Bait View Post
    Now thats irony Deadman.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    You don't like anyone. Also Smith is still a r****d.
    I like you man! This makes your statement false. He is a douche but he is a better player than those two and this is a fact.
    You will never be forgotten! Lebron and friends

But he is. Anyone the coaching staff have confidence in and makes it on the court is an upgrade. He also plays some D. Same as anyone they bring in. If they have enough confidence and will play that person they are an upgrade over at least 3 of our players.

FWIW - Id start Kuzma in place of either Bradley or Green. Playing him with the second unit shows his deficiencies but I think its also a knock on his confidence not starting. Hed learn so much more. Id also seriously consider either IT, Waiters or Smith off the bench for Daniels. IT was putting up very solid numbers in DEN and WAS coming off the bench. Waiters can play, his star has been dimmed a lot by his indiscretions. Smith is a familiar commodity, as is IT somewhat to Bradley, LBJ, KCP and Kuzma, and is a microwave scorer with finals experience. All are upgrades on Daniels and potential rotation guys going forward.
    That is a big problem when an average young player feels that he deserves to be a started. He is not a super star potential because he is a bad defender too.

Smith isnt an upgrade..
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Kid definitely got some skills. Uses his body really well and has long arms and huge hands which help him play bigger than his size. If Lakers dont trade him you would think hed be a contributor next year. Just from watching a few games and some highlights...needs work on his shooting.

Yeah.. You lost me when you said youd start Kuzma over Green and Bradley. Kuzma cant guard 3s and 4s. Hed be torched by 1s and 2s..

I dont understand why people think Smith is some great defender. Dude is what almost 35? He hasnt played in 15 months but hey.. Hes gonna play some D.

I dont understand why people think Smith is some great defender. Dude is what almost 35? He hasnt played in 15 months but hey.. Hes gonna play some D.
    So Daniels play any defense? Smith might not be in game shape but even if we do not like him as a person, he is an upgrade even over Cook! Waiters us an up grade from these two guys too. Even with his gummy beard addiction! Besides if they are not clearly better, they will produce more when they have a chance to play with the third unit.

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    So Daniels play any defense? Smith might not be in game shape but even if we do not like him as a person, he is an upgrade even over Cook! Waiters us an up grade from these two guys too. Even with his gummy beard addiction! Besides if they are not clearly better, they will produce more when they have a chance to play with the third unit.
    Cool and Daniels are irrelevant. They wont see any time in the playoffs unless the games a blowout. Is Smith going to take minutes from Green, Pope, or Caruso?