Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 303 of 347 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 5201
    Well looks like MKG just cleared waivers.... not sure what he has left in the tank but was a good defender a few years ago, 6 fouls and had the body length to guard bigger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Kawhi plays old school basketball, not much of anything other then 1 on 1 (taking it all the way to the rim, pulling up for a mid range jumper or posting up) Farieds length will at least bother him. But we can't only worry about Kawhi though, Faried would definitely help against Morris and Harrell.
    I’d def take a chance with Faried if he’s in good shape and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    I know, Smith is way better than at least three players in our team now in spite of his mental farts! Keep an open mind.
    I agree with this. Smith can get super hot too and drop 30 while going 6-10 from 3. He’s def better than a few guys we have

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Well looks like MKG just cleared waivers.... not sure what he has left in the tank but was a good defender a few years ago, 6 fouls and had the body length to guard bigger guys.
    base on all the names mentioned this is who they should sign.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    JR Smith is almost 35 and hasn’t played since early last season.. I don’t get why anyone would want him. We already have enough shooting guards. He doesn’t fill any need.
    Iggy same age and he is playing now.
    “You will never be forgotten!” Lebron and friends

Brad Townsend: Hearing MKG to Dallas not a certainty, but Mavs in the mix. – via Twitter townbrad

They both suck and neither one will make a difference..
    Small picture you're right, neither is gonna make a difference. But I'm talking about Cunningham, no he's not gonna win a game for us but that's not what we'd sign him for lol.

Big picture, as long as he can play 8-10 mins and not be in the negative while AD sits would be a big positive. We're talking about guys that will be 12-15 in the rotation, we just need them to hold their own while LBJ and AD rest. That should be viewed as a win.

If the article was correct that I copied and pasted apparently he has finished in the positive defensively 9 out of his 10 seasons in the league.

We need to give up thinking we're gonna get a major difference maker, we need to look for players who could at least hold their own while on the court. And not be a burden on the rest of the team. There's value in that, especially when we're on this championship chase.

Iggy same age and he is playing now.
    Can JR Smith guard Paul George? Kawhi? He’s certainly not the defender Iggy is/was in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Small picture you're right, neither is gonna make a difference. But I'm talking about Cunningham, no he's not gonna win a game for us but that's not what we'd sign him for lol.

Big picture, as long as he can play 8-10 mins and not be in the negative while AD sits would be a big positive. We're talking about guys that will be 12-15 in the rotation, we just need them to hold their own while LBJ and AD rest. That should be viewed as a win.

If the article was correct that I copied and pasted apparently he has finished in the positive defensively 9 out of his 10 seasons in the league.

We need to give up thinking we're gonna get a major difference maker, we need to look for players who could at least hold their own while on the court. And not be a burden on the rest of the team. There's value in that, especially when we're on this championship chase.
    I think Jeff Green would be a better fit.

I think Jeff Green would be a better fit.
    I wouldn't mind. If we win this it's gonna be on the backs of AD and LBJ, I'm looking for a player or 2 that can give them a breather and hold their own while doing so.

Fuuuuuu Darren Collison. What a joke.

I still remain: no jr Smith no island waiters lance Stephenson didn't really work out with us before...

Bron needs to get harkless on the phone and tell him to ask for a buyout and come to the lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Why exactly?

Can JR Smith guard Paul George? Kawhi? He’s certainly not the defender Iggy is/was in his career.
    Not for the last year with Warriors. I am not saying that he is defending him to stop him, because very few players in the NBA can do some decent job vs him. I want Smith or any other player if he comes, to help the bench. Daniels, Cook and Rondo can hardly score consistently and defend. Smith is not a stopper or a super sharp shooter but he can be better than those guys. No doubt! But again it is now up to the management to make a decision about this need. Clippers have at least three players coming up the bench that can score double digits consistently and two that can score in bunches if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Bait View Post
    Not a deliberate shot at you Tex but rather the general consensus in here. There is a reason these players have become FA’s and are bought out. People want to make chocolate out of dog ****. It’s not that easy. We didn’t have the trade assets to get the job done and now people expect a gift off the FA/buyout market. Be realistic.

I wouldn't say that we didn't have the trade assets to get a deal done, we didn't have the pieces for the players Pelinka was shooting for. I really hope I'm wrong but to me it looks like Pelinka is only shooting for players that have some kind of name value, ignoring no names.

I don’t give a fluff if the players are Klutch, at the very least that means we know them and how they fit with LBJ- the one major factor of playing here, face the reality. Listen to Danny Green talk about LBJ though, it’s inspiring for the future, for next years FA.

As for me not wanting players from Klutch, it's more like the juice better be worth the squeeze. Me and you have different opinions of Waiters and that's cool with me. Me personally think he's too much of a headache for his worth. You think that with the guidance of LBJ he can get serious, I think that with the protection of Klutch he could really wild out. I also think that after the season Klutch can hold us hostage using AD to re-sign him for more then he's worth. LBJ did it all the time in Cleveland.

As for what Green says about LBJ and how it's gonna affect this summer's free agency, we ain't gonna have much $ to work with so expect pretty much the same team.

It’s all opinionated from here on in, it’s about filling holes with the best level available. We need scorers, someone who will come on the court and run the offense and take the shots. Everyone is scared to do that and that’s why we need to continually bring LBJ back in. Waiters to me, is a poor mans version of Beal. We could use that. Turner is not shy either, we could use that. Smith is a poor mans version of Reddick/Korver. We could use that to. Faried was pretty good at the 3/4 in HOU, we could use that. Lance is an enigma. LBJ used to own him, but he praised him for his Pat Beverly defensive style antics which disrupted him. He can play, he can shoot, he can defend, and seriously imagine our bench playing air guitar (I digress). We could use that. Cunningham is a multi positional player who could relive AD. Not my first choice, but we could use that. All these players are at the bottom of the barrel and for a reason. But we don’t need a starter, we need gap filler.

As for the rest of the players you mention: JR Smith - between him and THT or Daniels, I'll take Smith. Turner- I'll take him. Faried - high on my list. Lance - same as Smith. Cunningham - I'm feeling him right now.

Tell me now that you wouldn’t like a player to come off the bench and score 51 points. Well 75 year old Jamal Crawford did that just last year for PHO. But wait, he hasn’t played all year and gets pensioner discounts at Walmart, he’s no good. REALLY. If people are being spoken about they’re at least training and staying fit in the hope of getting picked up. Did you see the pictures of Collison? He didn’t look that in shape to me. But he was the messiah. We’re not getting a gift, we’re getting a role player to cover for the inefficiency of Daniels and the inexperience of THT. End of story.

Crawford - we talked about him, I'm not feeling him. His efficiency has been way below league averages both overall and from 3 for his last 5 years at least. I wouldn't be upset if we were to sign him cause I know he would at last contribute unlike THT
    I think this is the 2nd time you put this list up and I was gonna get to the 1st one but you know lack of time. We just have different opinions on players but i like to read your posts. You don't just throw names out there and let someone else do all the work, you always give your case for wanting certain players. I appreciate that.

Let's just replace at least Daniels and THT with some players that can contribute this season. Even if it's just to get LBJ and AD breathers while not being burdens on the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Why exactly?
    I was thinking the same that NPH was thinking lol... Why?