Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 328 of 347 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 5201
    We need some real mods up in here. Iím nominate LaVar and NPH..

Swear we better see a pumped up ready Lakers team because if we come up short, all hell is going to break loose.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Agreed

You know I'm just messing with you

Water cheers! Since we both donít drink, 4mo sober now Tex, thought you would appreciate that
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 02-19-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Has anybody heard from Jaydubb? Dude hasnít posted since Kobe passed..

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    Just PM me then, lol.

Man, you're much more fun before the trade deadline.
    My bad that I don't get excited about beating up on bottom feeders. Before the TD we were clearly better then 27 other teams so it's no surprise we're in 1st place when both our superstars are playing 35 MPG and playing every game.

Then the 2 teams that we weren't clearly better then both got better while we were left with our dicks in our hands lol (sorry Kobebabe).

My bad that I don't get excited about beating up on bottom feeders. Before the TD we were clearly better then 27 other teams so it's no surprise we're in 1st place when both our superstars are playing 35 MPG and playing every game.

Then the 2 teams that we weren't clearly better then both got better while we were left with our ***** in our hands lol (sorry Kobebabe).
    TEAMChEmIStRY

So fín stupid man, you canít up with a number of small trades that wouldíve helped us adding a Markieff or Stanley Johnson type and these guys are reliant on team chemistry and how awesome it is... even though Cook and Daniels canít even see the court and neither will help us in a playoff run.

Then the 2 teams that we weren't clearly better then both got better while we were left with our dicks in our hands lol (sorry Kobebabe).
    Ok, but let's clarify. The TD and the Buyout Market are two separate things entirely. El El has very little to do with trades when it comes to whether a player wants to come or not. I'm sure Morris would have been stoked to be a Laker. So, you can poop on Pelinka for this if you want. I'm not sure I would've liked that deal myself.

But the buyout market is like bottom feeder central. Teams are likely making their teams worse by acquiring some of these guys. Especially if they're not even addressing the center position and trying to match up with us and not the small ballers. Team chemistry is a real thing and you've made it pretty clear that it is not much of a priority for you. But if EL El thinks Jeff Green will be detrimental to the chemistry of the team, then I'm gonna go with El El on this. And I'm sure Pelinka will and does, too.

Ok, but let's clarify. The TD and the Buyout Market are two separate things entirely. El El has very little to do with trades when it comes to whether a player wants to come or not. I'm sure Morris would have been stoked to be a Laker. So, you can poop on Pelinka for this if you want. I'm not sure I would've liked that deal myself.

But the buyout market is like bottom feeder central. Teams are likely making their teams worse by acquiring some of these guys. Especially if they're not even addressing the center position and trying to match up with us and not the small ballers. Team chemistry is a real thing and you've made it pretty clear that it is not much of a priority for you. But if EL El thinks Jeff Green will be detrimental to the chemistry of the team, then I'm gonna go with El El on this. And I'm sure Pelinka will and does, too.
    I didnít want to blow it up but a small move wouldíve been very helpful.. hopefully Harkless is that player..

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    TEAMChEmIStRY

So fín stupid man, you canít up with a number of small trades that wouldíve helped us adding a Markieff or Stanley Johnson type and these guys are reliant on team chemistry and how awesome it is... even though Cook and Daniels canít even see the court and neither will help us in a playoff run.
    Pelinka is still new at this and still finding his way. And like you said awhile back, he has one of the worst supporting FO cast in the league.

He went from one extreme to another his first two off-seasons. First year him and Magic went for mainly playmakers and not enough shooters. This past summer he went for shooters but not really playmakers or wing depth. I'm hoping (I'm sure he will) this coming off-season he has a better understanding on how to build a well rounded team. Also hoping he learned that the TD isn't a 2 weeks event, it's just a deadline. He can start tweaking the team Dec 15th when 85% of the league are trade eligible. (Just threw 85% out there, not sure the actual #). To me it looked like he just tried to wing it starting Monday after the all star game. No preparation whatsoever.

Another thing I just mentioned the other day and it goes hand in hand with your mom and pop shop reference is that, even though he has powerful titles I'm not so sure he has that much power. I remember him saying last season that they weren't gonna waive a guaranteed contract to make room for Melo. That has penny pinching written all over it.

I really like Pelinka but I am worried that he could be way over his head. As far as I'm concerned this off-season is a make it or break it for him.

I didnít want to blow it up but a small move wouldíve been very helpful.. hopefully Harkless is that player..
    I've been a big Harkless fan for a long time. Would love this. But I have my doubts.

Cunningham and Faried still out there, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    I could see why. I couldn't even watch b-ball for a while after that and I'm not nearly the Kobe fan Dubb is.

For the most part, players don't take buy outs unless they already know they're gonna sign with a contender. If contenders didn't think they could contribute, they wouldn't sign them.

You really believe that LBJ has very little to do with trades?

We need some real mods up in here. Iím nominate LaVar and NPH..
    I guess you want anarchy.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Sometimes the best is the one you do not make. Lakers might not need a move. You have been mentioning chemistry.!
    ďYou will never be forgotten!Ē Lebron and friends

FWIW he has posted here once after Kobeís death. Thatís all I should say. Letís just say he has a guardian Angel whether he wants it or not.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."