Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 323 of 347 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5201
  1. #4831
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Honestly, regular season games will not mean anything come playoffs time, playoffs will tell us everything about our team, good or bad.
    Fair enough.... Just looks to me that teams are preparing for the Clippers, not our Lakers.

  2. #4832
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    255
    You know what, it is what it is, I don’t care that the other teams are loading up on all these players. Yeah, it would be nice To be in the conversation, but at the end of the day, we are #2 in the league for a reason. The only team I hold fear for is MIL and that’s not because of the freak, it’s because of the Lopez twins. They’re the only team that can compete with us. What we do need is a complimentary player who can come on the court and provide instant offence. Apart from Jackson, no-one else so far does that, and he’s coming back from injuries. Isaiah is that type of player though. Very good at making his own shot, but also good in the pick and roll which we use and he’s able to facilitate shooters too. So he doesn’t defend well - everyone else just needs to step up a bit to help. He has the record on the board. We could also use someone to spell AD and shoot a couple of 3’s. Marcus Morris was that player, but could brother Markieff be bought out. He has a player option for next year and could quite easily decline it to become a FA next year, with or without us. If we offer him the DPE he wouldn’t be giving a lot of cash back in a buyout and would be playing post-season on the #1 team in the West.

  3. #4833
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,828
    No excuses....

  4. #4834
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30,594
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    SON OF A MOTHER ****ING B****. THE DAMN CLIPS DID IT AGAIN!!!! Stole another player that we want. This is why I'm always in a bad mood. Well more of it.
    Well they really want f us, but this might back fire on them. Laker plsyers are watching and they know that as a Laker, they will always have to fight harder, because they have to be kicking several teams for a long time. 10 rings have made the entire NBA hate our guts. If a player come then we have to love them and support them. Lebron and company have a gigantic quest, they can do it. I believe in this group in spite that last minute we might come out with a surprise from Pelinka. Otherwise, go to war with what you have.
    “You will never be forgotten!” Lebron and friends

  5. #4835
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Bait View Post
    You know what, it is what it is, I don’t care that the other teams are loading up on all these players. Yeah, it would be nice To be in the conversation, but at the end of the day, we are #2 in the league for a reason. The only team I hold fear for is MIL and that’s not because of the freak, it’s because of the Lopez twins. They’re the only team that can compete with us. What we do need is a complimentary player who can come on the court and provide instant offence. Apart from Jackson, no-one else so far does that, and he’s coming back from injuries. Isaiah is that type of player though. Very good at making his own shot, but also good in the pick and roll which we use and he’s able to facilitate shooters too. So he doesn’t defend well - everyone else just needs to step up a bit to help. He has the record on the board. We could also use someone to spell AD and shoot a couple of 3’s. Marcus Morris was that player, but could brother Markieff be bought out. He has a player option for next year and could quite easily decline it to become a FA next year, with or without us. If we offer him the DPE he wouldn’t be giving a lot of cash back in a buyout and would be playing post-season on the #1 team in the West.
    No to him, but Lakers might be waiting for someone.
    “You will never be forgotten!” Lebron and friends

  6. #4836
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    Is it really the Lakers FO being incompetent or is it just players trying to **** us up? I am for players trying to **** us up. You can’t make someone want to come play for you. I think they legit hate playing with LBJ. They would rather beat him. Everyone trying to get over to the clippers to win a chip. Would be super sweet if we beat them instead!
    Nailed it

  7. #4837
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,406
    what the hell. It feels like the Clips have 38 players on their roster now. Some have mentioned that these players don't want to play with Lebron and that might be right. Non of us know for sure. I think it's more they want to play with Kawhi since he is the best in the NBA and they all saw what he did last year in the playoffs. I think everyone is riding Kawhi.

    I feel that Lebron is going to guard Kawhi in the playoffs and do a pretty good job at it also. Honestly, I'm not worried about the Clippers. I'm more worried about our last 3 minute offense. We have won games on our defense but against the Clips it would also have to be our offense being run a lot more efficient. AD can't just stand on the 3 point line and take 3s. I haven't seen him post up old school style. The Clippers have no answer to that. Time will tell. The way the Clippers are building their team, it looks like they are not worried about AD and Dwight. Hope they are wrong.
    Last edited by WhiteShadow42; 02-18-2020 at 07:30 PM.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  8. #4838
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,885
    How does he play significant minutes on that roster? Who is losing minutes? Shamet? Beverley? Lou? He would have had a great chance to start for us. As a competitor i don't understand the move for him. Teams go to 8 man rotation in playoffs. He wont touch the floor with them.
    Last edited by NFLNBA; 02-18-2020 at 07:36 PM.

  9. #4839
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,347
    Its Reggie Jackson. An average player BFD. In playoffs your team needs to be 8 deep. We are

  10. #4840
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,008
    Reggie Jackson agent is Aaron Mintz... absolutely hates the Lakers.

  11. #4841
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,406
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Its Reggie Jackson. An average player BFD. In playoffs your team needs to be 8 deep. We are
    My best bet is that he is ring chasing. I think he is overrated also. You are gong to take the ball out of Lou's hands? LOL.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  12. #4842
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,406
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Reggie Jackson agent is Aaron Mintz... absolutely hates the Lakers.
    hmmm. Good point. Ding Ding Ding. We have our answer. Jeannie must have slept with Aaon Mintz's wife or something.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  13. #4843
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,885
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    My best bet is that he is ring chasing. I think he is overrated also. You are gong to take the ball out of Lou's hands? LOL.
    Exactly, it actually hurts them. I don't fear Jackson. Lou will murder you. Doc said he is going to play significant minutes lol they must be putting Shamet at PF then lol

  14. #4844
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,797
    It seems to me that the Lakers have the best off-court chemistry than any team in the NBA right now. And arguably the best on-court as well.

    Nice job, guys!

  15. #4845
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,008
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    hmmm. Good point. Ding Ding Ding. We have our answer. Jeannie must have slept with Aaon Mintz's wife or something.
    Paul George, Julius Randle, D’angelo Russell etc etc the guy hates the Lakers and Ypu will never see one of his players signing with this franchise.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •