Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are some interesting alternate history scenarios?

For example: What if Lee agreed to take command of federal forces and the Army of Potomac? How does the Civil War play out? Does Lincoln get re-elected if the war is over in say 2 years instead of 4?

Or what if Nixon beats Kennedy in the 1960 election? Does he invade Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis?

Discuss

The Lost Boys of PSD

Hitler turning on ussr

The alt right would be the norm, not a fringe group! lol
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Hitler was almost killed while fighting in World War I.

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST.

I'm actually glad he wasn't killed. It was his arrogance and bad war strategy (especially the Battle of Stalingrad) that lead to the defeat of the Axis Powers. If Hitler died in the 1910s (WWI), the Nazi party would have still existed and whoever Germany's leader would have been might have won World War II. The whole world would have been filled with Nazis/Aryans and everybody else would have been murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post

I'm actually glad he wasn't killed. It was his arrogance and bad war strategy (especially the Battle of Stalingrad) that lead to the defeat of the Axis Powers. If Hitler died in the 1910s (WWI), the Nazi party would have still existed and whoever Germany's leader would have been might have won World War II. The whole world would have been filled with Nazis/Aryans and everybody else would have been murdered.
    Possibly, may have also never had a WWII if Hitler isn't in power.

The meteor doesn't strike the earth and the dinosaurs aren't killed off....

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The meteor doesn't strike the earth and the dinosaurs aren't killed off....
    Oh, good one!

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Actually it's very doubtful the Nazi party as it existed under Hitler would have existed. Hitler's group gained power in large part because of Hitler's speeches and charisma. Without him, his fringe group would not have come to power.

What if Constatine had not declared that Christians would be protected by the Roman empire in the year 337. Without the Roman empire, Christianity would not have spread so easily to Western Europe.

first males and females all gay, no procreation sex, no kids, no human race.

What if Y2K happened? Would we be as dependant on technology as we are now?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually it's very doubtful the Nazi party as it existed under Hitler would have existed. Hitler's group gained power in large part because of Hitler's speeches and charisma. Without him, his fringe group would not have come to power.
    That may well be true. But if we had time machines, killing a young Hitler would still be quite a gamble, considering the chance that my post about it is right. Time traveling to around 1930 to kill Hitler would make a good movie.

That may well be true. But if we had time machines, killing a young Hitler would still be quite a gamble, considering the chance that my post about it is right. Time traveling to around 1930 to kill Hitler would make a good movie.
    A movie where we'd be rooting for skynet lol

What if Jimmy Carter didn’t blame Americans for a lot of the **** that was going on? If he won and beat Reagan, I wonder how different the country would be today. Lots of republicans derive their ideals from Reagan so who knows where they’d point without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

What if the Arab-Islamic conquests stretched as deep into Europe as they did into Persia and central Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    What if the Arab-Islamic conquests stretched as deep into Europe as they did into Persia and central Asia?
    Game changer. Would have affected the whole colonization and spread of European banking system and current day capitalist system. Life would be so different from such a fundamental level.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast