Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

General Wrestling & Off-Topic Thread

I know that we've had similar threads in the past, but I'd like to make one to talk about wrestling news in general, like minor news from WWE or other promotions. It would also be nice to have an off-topic area where we can talk about whatever we want to. Or maybe we can merge this with the WWE Network/NXT thread?

One thing that I read today is that Jushin Liger will be retiring in January. Liger used to be one of my all-time favorite workers. It'll be sad to see him go, but he's getting up there in age. Still a decent worker, though.

I'm cool with this. We're actually in the process of re-writing the TM guidelines to emphasize more threads/content. and with it comes a resurrection of the Off-Topic threads.

I think that an off-topic thread is a good idea. I think it should stay separate from other stuff.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Going to the RAW house show tonight. Iím sure itíll be the same show theyíve put on for weeks now, but Iím looking forward to the revival vs gable and roode, and it will be cool to see Ronda and how she takes to being a heel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Going to the RAW house show tonight. Iím sure itíll be the same show theyíve put on for weeks now, but Iím looking forward to the revival vs gable and roode, and it will be cool to see Ronda and how she takes to being a heel.

Ronda is actually working a couple house shows?

Yeah, I think sheís done a random one here or there for bigger house shows, but sheís working them this weekend

Yamaguchi-San who was in WWE during the days of Kaientai has died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZfeB2ejvAI

He gave us this funny moment with Val Venis. He later refereed with AJPW.

https://www.prowrestling.com/former-...n-passes-away/
    Last edited by redsox12; 03-09-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

General Wrestling & Off-Topic Thread

Notes from tonightís house show.

Luke Harper wrestles. Heís from here so it was just a random appearance. But worth noting perhaps because he was hurt for a while, and it was rumored that he has been cleared. This confirms that.

Roode/Gable vs the Revival put on a tremendous show, as they reportedly have been doing all tour long.

Rondaís match lasted like a minute. She seemed to act like a heel, but sheís so over that it was tough to tell. Balor was also crazy over, with Sasha and Bayley probably the next most over.

Good sized crowd tonight, more than most Smackdown takings here probably. But this did benefit from Ronda, the time of year, and it being a Saturday night.

Bobby Roode has been criminally underutilized by WWE despite having a great gimmick and looking the part. Glad to see he's got some momentum behind him for once.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Bobby Roode has been criminally underutilized by WWE despite having a great gimmick and looking the part. Glad to see he's got some momentum behind him for once.
    I don't get too work up on who should be a face or heel, but his gimmick screams heel. I know he was a heel in NXT, but he still should be.

I didn't even know until last week that WWE had a smackdown house show literally 10 minutes from my house last month. I live about 50 miles outside of Chicago, and it is a pain in the *** to get there because of traffic. It takes me two hours and is a nightmare.

So, I limit my times going to the city to as little as possible. I live in a small town and had no idea they even ran this house show by me. I would have totally gone to it and was bummed I missed it. The place they held it was at a college and they don't host a lot of shows there and are terrible at advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I didn't even know until last week that WWE had a smackdown house show literally 10 minutes from my house last month. I live about 50 miles outside of Chicago, and it is a pain in the *** to get there because of traffic. It takes me two hours and is a nightmare.

So, I limit my times going to the city to as little as possible. I live in a small town and had no idea they even ran this house show by me. I would have totally gone to it and was bummed I missed it. The place they held it was at a college and they don't host a lot of shows there and are terrible at advertising.
    Usually those are annual things. They seem to always have a Road to Wrestlemania event where I went to college in February or March and I try to go. I was on vacation this year and couldn't. The nice thing is that they have tickets to the RAW before Mania in my neck of the woods.

Goldust is done with WWE. His contract expired and heís waiting for his no compete clause to expire. Iím assuming heíll help Cody with AEW

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Goldust is done with WWE. His contract expired and heís waiting for his no compete clause to expire. Iím assuming heíll help Cody with AEW

I think that he could be tremendously helpful with the creative side of things.

haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid which was about 10 years ago

I do want to get back into it, don't where to start.. who's got some advice for ya boy

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast