Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dennis Smith

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we're not talking about keeping bums... what team would give up on the #8 and #9 picks and salary dump them at 20 & 21 years of age?

I'll gladly take those two at $9.3m combined next year. you literally gain only 7.7m by dumping them. I can say they've been disappointing but it would be ludicrous to salary dump them. you are really sold on KD & Kyrie coming... im not... and maybe thats why you're so high on the KP trade and others aren't. because KD & Kyrie coming is really the only way that trade makes sense.
    I did not say salary dump, the rumor is Knicks at the draft according to Berman will be active looking for 1st for Frank.

And exactly what I've been saying take that 7.7m and in the 3m we have left over and that is just over 10M say and you think with two major FA's here a guy won't come that is established and good (not allstar level) but good for 10mil?

If and it's a big if that player becomes available having as we are talking about a KD and Kyrie on the team at their age I don't see the need to do the wait and see game to be honest.

Depending on the FA's if any come if Kyrie or even Kemba I don't see either here, especially Frank. The question is can Frank bring back a first round pick? If not then why move him? not like we can get lucky in round two in this draft like getting Mitch?

Or Knicks may need to make a choice who is a keeper Trier or Frank? Trier seems like a keeper and saves 2.3m on the cap? so many different views and things to consider.

As far as taking Frank he had more value last year and the only offer was Payton who got traded after the Knicks said no for a 2nd round pick, we heard Frank on the market or teams interested but never heard one single offer......my guess they weren't good and his value took a hit from last year.

I do think team like GS and SA may take a chance on FRank with their rosters, so we may be able to get a late or last pick in the first round. I'm interested to see how things unfold, or Frank comes back and is a beast and shuts many up, how great would that be? Not counting on it but it would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    I am not the one sold, the knicks are sold which is why they traded KP away for a salary dump. I am hoping someone knows something. Outside of Robinson there is nothing worth keeping. Its all trash in my eyes.
    agree and i hope they know something we dont

I bet they do but that doesn’t mean it going to happen. Right now I feel like we land Zion and or KD or we are in trouble. It could work out but even with insider info it a gamble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I bet they do but that doesn’t mean it going to happen. Right now I feel like we land Zion and or KD or we are in trouble. It could work out but even with insider info it a gamble

It has to be KD otherwise why would not knicks pay KP every penny kiss his brothers *** and make him face of the franchise?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    It has to be KD otherwise why would not knicks pay KP every penny kiss his brothers *** and make him face of the franchise?

I think they think he is coming but that doesn’t mean he will

I think they think he is coming but that doesn’t mean he will

Hopefully he does otherwise damm Knicks threw away a good rebuild for a gamble.

Dennis Smith

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Hopefully he does otherwise damm Knicks threw away a good rebuild for a gamble.

Thats what I think. The franchise can spin it anyway they want but fact is the second they see two face cards they go all in. Same old Knicks

Last edited by ewing; 03-15-2019 at 06:59 AM.

first thing is watching Kawhi against Lebron last night and Kawhi's age I'd really hope for him above anyone else, that guys like KD is a stud but Kawhi covers the 2 and 3 and Durant more the 3 and 4.

Second landing KD is also fantastic.......he is one of those decade players that don't happen often. Even at his age he'll give us 4 years of great basketball.

Kyrie last night, oh my goodness, and what he has done in the playoffs, he is also just incredible.

I think posters like Ewing and Cheets make way too much assumptions actually the other way, if we kept KP and lets even say he stayed, (you know the franchise would be a laughing stock? Forget that)...........why the big assumption that KP attracts anyone? did we or did we not here Kyrie say he is a boston for life? Knicks trade KP did we or did we not hear Kyrie say he doesn't owe anyone anything?

And to think it's likely Zion is the pick well that is just foolish........three teams have the same 14% and then it doesn't drop much for the 4th, then the 5th, etc....

So if you think 14% is likely then there must be a new math I missed later in life lol..........I just have hope that 14% is a lucky charm.

I just feel fans are short sited to think this team with KP is any better than a 30-35 team? There is no evidence that would say otherwise. There is actually more evidence to say the Knicks would be a 30-35 team.
    There is no evidence that a Mitch and KP could exist, this we definitely don't know but what we do know is that KP is a terrible passer and playing with Mitch that is not a good thing.

So if you want to sulk and want to be negative that is a human choice, but I see it the other way, I'm sick of being a team that each year will get the 8th or 9th pick and to me that is what KP would bring because it appears that not big time FA wants to play with him.

Here is the tell all for me, Doncic is a stud, Dallas has 30m in cap and now KP, they can easily make a trade and free up 3mil to get a max player............Lets see how that unfolds in July.

If Knicks land any max and Dallas lands no one that will tell me more than anyone would ever need to know.

There aren't too many teams with the premium cap space we have. Its like us, BK, and ATL. There are 3 huge FAs. Plus hopefully get Zion.

IDK, I am feeling good. If things don't happen I am done with this team foreverrrrrrr! lol

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    first thing is watching Kawhi against Lebron last night and Kawhi's age I'd really hope for him above anyone else, that guys like KD is a stud but Kawhi covers the 2 and 3 and Durant more the 3 and 4.

Second landing KD is also fantastic.......he is one of those decade players that don't happen often. Even at his age he'll give us 4 years of great basketball.

Kyrie last night, oh my goodness, and what he has done in the playoffs, he is also just incredible.

I think posters like Ewing and Cheets make way too much assumptions actually the other way, if we kept KP and lets even say he stayed, (you know the franchise would be a laughing stock? Forget that)...........why the big assumption that KP attracts anyone? did we or did we not here Kyrie say he is a boston for life? Knicks trade KP did we or did we not hear Kyrie say he doesn't owe anyone anything?

And to think it's likely Zion is the pick well that is just foolish........three teams have the same 14% and then it doesn't drop much for the 4th, then the 5th, etc....

So if you think 14% is likely then there must be a new math I missed later in life lol..........I just have hope that 14% is a lucky charm.

I just feel fans are short sited to think this team with KP is any better than a 30-35 team? There is no evidence that would say otherwise. There is actually more evidence to say the Knicks would be a 30-35 team.
    There is no evidence that a Mitch and KP could exist, this we definitely don't know but what we do know is that KP is a terrible passer and playing with Mitch that is not a good thing.

So if you want to sulk and want to be negative that is a human choice, but I see it the other way, I'm sick of being a team that each year will get the 8th or 9th pick and to me that is what KP would bring because it appears that not big time FA wants to play with him.

Here is the tell all for me, Doncic is a stud, Dallas has 30m in cap and now KP, they can easily make a trade and free up 3mil to get a max player............Lets see how that unfolds in July.

If Knicks land any max and Dallas lands no one that will tell me more than anyone would ever need to know.
    I'm not saying the Knicks would be great next year with KP. I'm saying the Knicks put themselves in a position where I think they feel they have to invest heavily in the team this off season. If they don't land a super star KD, Or KL) I don't think they will be making a very good investment unless they hit that 14% chance and get Zion. There is no guarantee the Knicks will land frachise changing talent this off season but I think they are betting on it. If they do not get one of those 3 players what do you see them doing? How to do they turn things around?
    Last edited by ewing; 03-15-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Let say the Knicks big signing is Irving. what do they do with the rest of that cap space that is better moving forward then a 23 year old KP? If the answer is nothing do the picks and DSJ make up for it?

Let say the Knicks big signing is Irving. what do they do with the rest of that cap space that is better moving forward then a 23 year old KP? If the answer is nothing do the picks and DSJ make up for it?

no they dont...far from it. and of course we wouldn't be good with just KP alone, but we had KP + a max slot.

no they dont...far from it. and of course we wouldn't be good with just KP alone, but we had KP + a max slot.
    That's my view too and if that is the case this trade hinges on us signing KD or KL.

I agree and disagree...........

I agree the Knicks went all in, really had no choice

But DSJ and picks for one thing is way too early, just like fans hated the Melo trade getting expirings and a 2nd round pick? How did that turn out? Mitch!!!

And Rican makes the biggest assumptions thinking having KP (maybe for one year) would bring a max player here? Where were any rumors that said I want to join KP? Back when Kyrie was with Cleveland but then he said I want to be a Celtic..............when did that change? When KP was traded and Knicks freed up cap space.

There are no guarantees, but logic says a team going for broke has some inside information about hey i'll come but not for KP get cap for two........that is pure speculation but as a fan you have to hope on it.

Kyrie is not coming to NY to play with a lesser team and younger team then where he is.......he only comes with another.......pretty much say that for most FA's, that is why having cap for two is so huge.

But not enough for KD........so who was coming Rican to join KP? You feel so confident about that max slot who was coming?

Kyrie said no when KP was on the Knicks, Kawhi didn't have us on any list. Butler said only if they make room for me and Kyrie, Not enough cap for KD but he didn't seem thrilled about joining the team as constructed.

Who was joining KP?

The irony is there are no guarantees two maxes come but with KP a max was coming?

My opinion, no max wants to take a chance on a KP with his injuries and past........

There seems to be more evidence that says free agents have more interest now then when KP was here.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast