Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should the Warriors trade Durant to the Celtics?

Whats fair?

Whats reasonable?

Can someone with some cap knowledge give some insight.

What kind of trade can be done.

With recent reports out that Boston could move some assets in a sign and trade for Durant, who do you think the Celtics can possibly trade to make the Warriors bite?

If Durant wants to go there then the Warriors need to strongly consider making that move

Give me

Tatum
    Rozier (6 th man and heir apparent to Livingston)
    Marcus Morris
    And Robert Williams the 3rd

1. Doubt the Celtis would offer that.
    2. Giving up on a title this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    1. Doubt the Celtis would offer that.
    2. Giving up on a title this year.
    This would be a sign and trade after the season since the deadline has passed.

This would be looking to the future while squeezing this current team to the last pulp

Id think that would be a pretty good trade for Durant. None of those players have his potential or could dream of reaching his accolades. Theyd be lucky to have him and thats the only way theyd get him for next season

With what they're paying Hayward ($64M for two more years), I'm not sure they would want to take on another big contract unless they could unload Hayward. If Kyrie opts out, hoping to get more money, they would have to pay him. Marcus Morris will be a unrestricted free agent, so he can't be included in any trade ideas. Rozier will be a restricted free agent as well and will probably be looking for a pay raise from the $3M he's making this year.

The one scenario that would work is if Horford opts in of his contract and is traded along with Tatum in a sign and trade for Durant. Not a bad idea either. Horford gives them a center since I don't see a way they can keep Cousins. Curry, Thompson (re-signed), Tatum, Green and Horford could still compete for a championship. Beats getting nothing in return for Durant.

I'd go for Tatum and Horford for Durant

Hell yea Id do it. Thats a reasonable offer for a HOF malcontent. Dubs would still be the best in the West.

Would you guys want Horford or Boogie if given the choice?

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Hell yea Id do it. Thats a reasonable offer for a HOF malcontent. Dubs would still be the best in the West.

Horford.

But who is the malcontent? Durant? As far as I can tell that is all just the press looking for something.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post

I would take Boogie based mainly on his age. Curry is signed for awhile. If they extend Klay and Draymond, then they will be too. Boogie will be 29 years old when the 2019/2020 season starts. In 3 years, Horford will be 36 years old and I'm not sure if he'll even play that much longer and if does, I'm not sure he'd be as effective, while Boogie will be 32 years old, just cresting over his prime.

Durant will stay for one more year. He's gonna want to see what playing in the new arena is gonna be like.

Warriors have chinks in their armor, but still the overwhelming favorite to win it all. No team has three peated in the last 52 years aside from the Bulls and Lakers. That would put Durant and the Warriors in elite company.

Next year, assuming we three peat, would be 4 peat territory. No team since Bill Russell's Celtics has done that. Durant isn't dumb. He cares about his legacy ALOT. He will stay if win the ship this year,

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

its starting to look like the warriors are gonna see what their offense looks without durant. Through out his career- hes been incredibly durable- its hard to imagine a minor tweak keeping him out over a week. At first I thought they sat him wednesday to give him a clear 5 days- but sitting him in a game against OKC? that makes me think theres something going on behind the scenes

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    its starting to look like the warriors are gonna see what their offense looks without durant. Through out his career- hes been incredibly durable- its hard to imagine a minor tweak keeping him out over a week. At first I thought they sat him wednesday to give him a clear 5 days- but sitting him in a game against OKC? that makes me think theres something going on behind the scenes
    Agreed. And it might seem a bit crazy, but I liked their offense more without him.

Steph is more effective on this offense and Klay and Steph get to push the offense on almost every possession. A lot of this is contingent on Igoudalas effectiveness however and hes not exactly replaceable once he retires in a year or two.

But as long as Iggy is healthy and playing at his level, I think the offense is more effective without him because they play more of a team game and run more trick plays.

I also strongly believe that if/when Durant leaves, Boogie will sign wel below market value on a one year deal and then hell sign long term after that. Id prefer Boggie to Durant if it frees up more touches and opportunities for Curry and Thompson to shine on the perimeter.

If Cousins can play consistent defense at a high level, then hed be a Bogut on major steroids, who can actually score from multiple spots. And bullies people inside.

I like that team, but they need to start finding someone who can replace our super subs within the next 2 seasons at the most because I still think Igoudala is undervalued

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast