Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Josh Rosen available ?

The Cards want K. Murray in the draft and are shopping Rosen.........I would love this guy......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W-Uqyrf8sQ

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Pros:

Rosen was a solid prospect last year, still a top 10 QB despite a loaded draft at the position.

College HC was Jim Mora Jr, who was a head coach in the NFL and was used to similar terminology and less of a learning curve.

Because of the signing bonus accelerating during a trade, the Cardinals would eat his guaranteed money for the next three years, meaning the Redskins have a dirt cheap entry level QB to help with the cap situation.

Cons:

Costing at least a second round pick and a player due to Cardinals eating a portion of the contract. Potentially could be a first rounder, if not this year then 2020.

Never a high completion percentage QB in college, 55% in his first pro season and throwing 11 TDs to 14 INTs. Huge accuracy and decision making concerns since most pro QBs sit in the 65-70% range now for completion percentage.

Honestly I would pass, because I think either Tagavailoa or Herbert are better prospects, and if we are terrible next year, we will get our choice.

Multie outlets say the price on Rosen is a 3rd rd pick. Kingsbury running his mouth may have dropped the value. Matt Ioadonnis and a 2nd is a rumor that has floated as well. Being that the skins would be spending a 1st on a QB they have rated lower than Rosen was, a 2nd wasn't bad and Matty I would be a FA after the yr. Ideally a 3rd for Rosen and 2nd for Brown would be awesome...because at some point we have to field a wr that is worth a crap. Either way (and that scenario won't happen fully), Rosen would be a great cheap qb to have and build around. Not to mention we would ne drafting another nice 1st rd talent. We could then go DB, Oline, rush end, wr at that pick. Rosen, Guice and another 1st rd pick would be like getting 3 1sts this yr for the Skins

No times a million.... Sign Fitzmagic, so we go 4-12 but loses will be entertaining, get a top 5 pick for next year. I don't know how people aren't understanding that theres no point in having a QB on a rookie deal when you cant use the cap space to invest in other players around him. We will not be able to do that until we get the Alex Smith deal off the books.

Im tired of trading draft picks, hard pass.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 03-05-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

I am ok with the Redskins dealing for Rosen, if the price is right. In no shape or form am I giving up a 1st round pick in any season. Probably not even a 2nd. I would consider a 3rd + since we received the comp pick (plus quite a few more) for Kirk leaving. Rosen is young and only had one year on a terrible team that fired their HC after only one season, which indicates the team was in complete disarray. On the flip side of that, if Rosen showed the promise that comes with being selected in the top 10 he would not be available after one season. He is more of a project than a plug and play. We have Colt still so they can battle it out. I don't think he is necessarily our QB for the next decade, but if he is cheap enough he is worth the shot. For some reason I really like Haskins as well. If the Jags sign Foles, that means they are likely out on him at pick 6. What would it cost to move up ahead of the Giants to take him? I am not even sold the Giants would take him honestly, Gettlemen is a wildcard. But I really think Haskins will be a solid QB.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    No times a million.... Sign Fitzmagic, so we go 4-12 but loses will be entertaining, get a top 5 pick for next year. I don't know how people aren't understanding that theres no point in having a QB on a rookie deal when you cant use the cap space to invest in other players around him. We will not be able to do that until we get the Alex Smith deal off the books.

Im tired of trading draft picks, hard pass.
    While I agree with you on wanting to essentially tank and not trading draft picks.......Rosen is a tough situation, because the guaranteed portion of his contract is covered by Arizona. So for the next three years, we would have a top 10 draft pick at approximately half of the cost. So if they are trading for anyone, Rosen makes sense because it works within the albatross of the Smith deal.

Rosen made a ton more sense than Case Keenum. When will this organization actually realize that you must invest in a young, franchise qb? Going with older, more expensive game managers just delays the time until the franchise can actually compete. No wrs worth 2 craps on this team, secondary is awful (and hasn't been addressed in draft in yrs..well was, got a good one and then traded him for king game manager that we gave loads of guaranteed money to...when we could have kept our player our pick and our previous qb at that price. Dumb franchise...awful ownership continues. I would literally be a better GM

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Rosen made a ton more sense than Case Keenum. When will this organization actually realize that you must invest in a young, franchise qb? Going with older, more expensive game managers just delays the time until the franchise can actually compete. No wrs worth 2 craps on this team, secondary is awful (and hasn't been addressed in draft in yrs..well was, got a good one and then traded him for king game manager that we gave loads of guaranteed money to...when we could have kept our player our pick and our previous qb at that price. Dumb franchise...awful ownership continues. I would literally be a better GM
    From the media outlets in D.C. it sounds like they may still flip Keenum to Zona for Rosen. Keenum wants to go to Zona and the SKINS had to make the deal before Denver released him to free agency and he signed somewhere else. Multiple reports by beat writers seem to think Keenum and a 3rd rd pk to Zona get Rosen to D.C. and that's what this trade was more about. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    From the media outlets in D.C. it sounds like they may still flip Keenum to Zona for Rosen. Keenum wants to go to Zona and the SKINS had to make the deal before Denver released him to free agency and he signed somewhere else. Multiple reports by beat writers seem to think Keenum and a 3rd rd pk to Zona get Rosen to D.C. and that's what this trade was more about. Time will tell.
    And who exactly is reporting those rumors? Anyone legit?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    And who exactly is reporting those rumors? Anyone legit?
    Just go on the ExtremeSkins message board. There is quite a few reporters reporting that Josh Rosen is still in play for the Skins and this move makes perfect sense for them to do so. Keim, JP Finlay and others reporting it.

I think if the Skins traded for Rosen, it would likely not include Keenum. It would make the move by the Redskins fairly irrelevant, the Cards could have just traded for Keenum prior to dealing Rosen. I would imagine it is more likely the Redskins keep Keenum and trade picks for Rosen straight up + maybe a salary filler if that is the case.

According to John Keim and Peter King the Redskins seem to be in the running, if not leading, the Rosen sweepstakes. It sounds like they are offering their 2nd + some potentially. Would be an interesting option for sure.

Rosen has been put in bad situations for years dating back to college, but at the same time, he's not a winner. Never has elevated his teams. Hard pass.