Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I'm not, not signing a PT/GM playe because frost MAY be capable of being an NHLer.

Its ridiculous. If hes ready he will play. Idc if its wing or C. Tbh I think positions are overblown anyway. Score more goals than your opponent and you'll win.

I'm not rooting for Frost to not make the team. I'm saying if you can sign th bread man. Get it done. Figure out the rest later. Having too many good players isnt a bad thing.
    We are in agreement on this. Frost should not be the reason the Flyers don't sign a premier scorer like Panarin. That said, I'm only really willing to spend big to add a top line fwd via fa and would rather not blow it on depth fwds or an overrated dman having a career year like Gardiner.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    We are in agreement on this. Frost should not be the reason the Flyers don't sign a premier scorer like Panarin. That said, I'm only really willing to spend big to add a top line fwd via fa and would rather not blow it on depth fwds or an overrated dman having a career year like Gardiner.
    we dont even need gardiner, if anything we need better versions of hagg. Would you sign hayes to a 4-5 for 6aav?

always an easy goal let in by elliot

Elliot lets in a couple of stinkers.

well, come back soon hart, patrick, voracek.

jesus christ, i just started watching and 3 goals

Now with all that said let's say:
    - Flyers do Voracek+Morin for RNH+Puljujarvi
    - Sign Panarin in fa
    - Trade for Dougie Hamilton Hagg+Sandstrom+1st.

Lindblom-Couturier-Giroux
    Panarin-RNH-Konecny
    JVR-Patrick-Frost
    NAK-Laughton-Hartman

Provorov-Hamilton
    Ghost-Myers
    Sanheim-Gudas

Hart-Talbot

Ta-da

If we complete this comeback, I will be confident in our chances of making the playoffs.....just sayin...

I feel like that one is kinda on Elliot. He needs to be better in such a big game.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I feel like that one is kinda on Elliot. He needs to be better in such a big game.
    Ya he was pretty bad in this one. Needed a big game from our tendy with some key injuries.

we dont even need gardiner, if anything we need better versions of hagg.
    something like this would fit the bill:

hagg+macdonald+pick
    for
    cody ceci

ceci will be 26 years old next year; 400+ career NHL GP; 23 MPG over the last 3 years; kills penalties; some physicality; some offensive ability; RH shot; he was OTT's #2 Dman when they went to the conference finals; we already know OTT is willing to trade him since they sat him out before the trade deadline.
    Would you sign hayes to a 4-5 for 6aav?
    i'm not sure i'd be happy about it, but if i had to pick right now between the certainty of that contract, or the unknown that we currently face, i'd hold my nose and swallow that contract. i have no confidence that there will be a better option available for us in the next 18 months.

giroux - couturier - frost = 14MM
    JVR - hayes - konecny = 17MM
    laughton - patrick - voracek = 15MM
    lindblom - sheahan - hartman = 6MM

provorov - myers = 6MM
    sanheim - ceci = 9MM
    ghost - gudas = 8MM

hart - talbot = 4MM

FWD : 52MM
    DEF : 23MM
    G : 4MM
    projected salary : 79MM
    expected upper limit : 82MM
    Last edited by steagles; 03-07-2019 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Iíd rather get EK
    Fine. Except I dont see him leaving SJ. If he does. Fine get it done. Idc. The impact top end forwards this year would be helpful for 4 years or so

Gardiner is about to GET PAID! I don't like the trade and I don't like the idea of signing Gardiner to a massive contract. I don't like that trade either. Don't get me wrong, RNH is pretty much exactly what we need in a #2 center, but no way we should be moving a legitimate defender like Gudas+picks for Puljujarvi. He's not worth that much. Max offer should be something along the lines of Voracek+Morin for RNH+Morin. Top 3-4 winger for top 3-4 center and struggling 1st round prospect for another.
    -gardiner was just an example. That said what do you think he's going to get?

- if you look at my lines. the dman I moved in the hypothetical was hagg. Personally I'm not sure what the market looks like for jake or hagg. Having that information would clearly allow for better hypotheticals.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Iíd rather get EK
    Now with all that said let's say:
    - Flyers do Voracek+Morin for RNH+Puljujarvi
    - Sign Panarin in fa
    - Trade for Dougie Hamilton Hagg+Sandstrom+1st.

Lindblom-Couturier-Giroux
    Panarin-RNH-Konecny
    JVR-Patrick-Frost
    NAK-Laughton-Hartman

Provorov-Hamilton
    Ghost-Myers
    Sanheim-Gudas

Hart-Talbot

Ta-da
    This is my plan with a name tweak here or there. Of course I like this.

Just gonna say, another piece gotta go back for Hamilton. But overall yea. This is idealish

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    something like this would fit the bill:

hagg+macdonald+pick
    for
    cody ceci

ceci will be 26 years old next year; 400+ career NHL GP; 23 MPG over the last 3 years; kills penalties; some physicality; some offensive ability; RH shot; he was OTT's #2 Dman when they went to the conference finals; we already know OTT is willing to trade him since they sat him out before the trade deadline.

i'm not sure i'd be happy about it, but if i had to pick right now between the certainty of that contract, or the unknown that we currently face, i'd hold my nose and swallow that contract. i have no confidence that there will be a better option available for us in the next 18 months.

giroux - couturier - frost = 14MM
    JVR - hayes - konecny = 17MM
    laughton - patrick - voracek = 15MM
    lindblom - sheahan - hartman = 6MM

provorov - myers = 6MM
    sanheim - ceci = 9MM
    ghost - gudas = 8MM

hart - talbot = 4MM

FWD : 52MM
    DEF : 23MM
    G : 4MM
    projected salary : 79MM
    expected upper limit : 82MM
    So your solution is to get a more expensive worse version of Hagg? Dear lord.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Fine. Except I dont see him leaving SJ. If he does. Fine get it done. Idc. The impact top end forwards this year would be helpful for 4 years or so

-gardiner was just an example. That said what do you think he's going to get?

- if you look at my lines. the dman I moved in the hypothetical was hagg. Personally I'm not sure what the market looks like for jake or hagg. Having that information would clearly allow for better hypotheticals.
    Think you have to look at the Carlson deal as a comparable. Carlson took a bit less on the aav for additional years. Do you really want to give him 8-8.5m into his late 30's? Carlson is probably worth that. Gardiner? Not so much. He's essentially a poor mans Ghost with inflated numbers on a stacked roster.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast