Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

IGT: March "Playoffs or Hughes"

I'm guessing we miss the playoffs but also end up outside the top 10. Wishfully thinking would be to end up with the #1 or #2 pick (the NHL owes us still after Kane).

ya im thinking 8-14 is where we end up, more likely 11-15

summer is going to interesting. cant wait to see what fletcher does. He either will make a signing that will help or one that will really hurt in a few years-contract/cap wise

after frost, who is the next one to be closest to being nhl ready--enough to make an impact, not really talking 4th liners like nak.

Ratcliffe? allison? farabee?

I can see ratcliffe being ready sooner than the other two. His size would be a nice addition in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    after frost, who is the next one to be closest to being nhl ready--enough to make an impact, not really talking 4th liners like nak.

I can see ratcliffe being ready sooner than the other two. His size would be a nice addition in a few years
    My darkhorse is turning into Tanner Lazynski. Think this kid could become a really good middle six forward.

Really hoping chuck gets him signed this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    My darkhorse is turning into Tanner Lazynski. Think this kid could become a really good middle six forward.

Really hoping chuck gets him signed this offseason.
    ya i like him too. He better sign him and allison asap

how would you guys rate our defense with myers in now? Would you guys have these guys or carolinas? Was having a convo with a friend and I would definitely rather have ours. Provorov>slavin, hagg=fleury wash really although fleury has more upside, gudas>tvr/de haan, sanheim>pesce, hamilton>myers, ghost>faulk although faulk is better all around, just not offensively.

how would you guys rate our defense with myers in now? Would you guys have these guys or carolinas? Was having a convo with a friend and I would definitely rather have ours. Provorov>slavin, hagg=fleury wash really although fleury has more upside, gudas>tvr/de haan, sanheim>pesce, hamilton>myers, ghost>faulk although faulk is better all around, just not offensively.
    I think CAR is probably better in terms of depth, but I do think we have more upside

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I think CAR is probably better in terms of depth, but I do think we have more upside
    i say right now the are better but we for sure have a ton more upside

aside from the ones that have been mentioned:
    maksim sushko.

he was a stud at last year's WJC; he's physical; has some speed, some skill; very high hockey IQ; good intangibles. he could be someone who comes into camp next year and just looks like he knows what he's doing.

the two swedish goalies that hextall drafted, sandstrom and ersson, are also extremely good.
    this is the key difference (age in parenthesis; ordered by NHL GP):
    faulk (26): 22 MPG, 541 NHL GP
    hamilton (25): 19 MPG, 487 NHL GP
    gudas (29): 18 MPG, 400 NHL GP
    de haan (27): 19 MPG, 367 NHL GP
    slavin (24): 23 MPG, 291 NHL GP
    ghost (25): 20 MPG, 282 NHL GP
    pesce (24): 20 MPG, 271 NHL GP
    provorov (22): 25 MPG, 229 NHL GP
    hagg (23): 17 MPG, 136 NHL GP
    sanheim (22): 19 MPG, 114 NHL GP

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    aside from the ones that have been mentioned:
    maksim sushko.

he was a stud at last year's WJC; he's physical; has some speed, some skill; very high hockey IQ; good intangibles. he could be someone who comes into camp next year and just looks like he knows what he's doing.

the two swedish goalies that hextall drafted, sandstrom and ersson, are also extremely good.
    this is the key difference (age in parenthesis; ordered by NHL GP):
    faulk (26): 22 MPG, 541 NHL GP
    hamilton (25): 19 MPG, 487 NHL GP
    gudas (29): 18 MPG, 400 NHL GP
    de haan (27): 19 MPG, 367 NHL GP
    slavin (24): 23 MPG, 291 NHL GP
    ghost (25): 20 MPG, 282 NHL GP
    pesce (24): 20 MPG, 271 NHL GP
    provorov (22): 25 MPG, 229 NHL GP
    hagg (23): 17 MPG, 136 NHL GP
    sanheim (22): 19 MPG, 114 NHL GP
    and i still would rather have provorov than all of these guys, sanheim i would have over any cane not named hamilton. ill take anyone over hagg. I think our players, once they reach the same amount of GP, they will be much better overall in terms of production and play

ya i like him too. He better sign him and allison asap
    I'm still not much of a Lazynski fan. Looks like he has the potential to be a useful 4th liner and I was never a huge fan of Allison. That said, they are assets nonetheless and add to the organizations depth.

Strike Allison. It's between Ratcliffe and Farabee for different reasons. Both have high upside with very different strengths. Ratcliffe has legitimate 30 goal potential and a huge asset as a net front presence on the pp if his development goes smoothly. Farabee is just such a high IQ player and sees plays happening before they occur. And sucha driver of possession.

Carolina is definitely better right now. Arguably the best defense corps 1-6 in the league. Like I've been saying, if they had even competent goaltending they would be really dangerous. Our unit is likely a top 5 unit though with better goaltending especially with Hart now. Get a couple fwds on this roster that can bury pucks and...wew.

Jake hurt? Nice to see MacDonald back in don't want him to get rusty.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast