Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    So I was looking at the list of FAs for this summer. Totally forgot Jordan Eberle is one of them. Heís having a pretty awful year. Heís got 14G 17A 31P and a -9 in +/- rating in 68 games this year, representing his lowest scoring totals of his career including his rookie season and the lockout season.

I wonder what it would take to sign him. Right handed top six scoring winger. All of the talk has been on Panarin, but Eberle could be a significantly cheaper option, and allow some flexibility to make a move to improve the top of the defensive depth chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm of the opinion that's its Panarin or nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Iíll be honest, if Iím going to spend $8-10Mil, Iíd rather give it to a guy thatís in his early 20ís, even if it means surrendering draft picks.

Want Panarin bad, hope that's the case!

Iím curious to see if we could big boy a small market team like Carolina or Calgary and offer sheet one of their RFAs laden with large signing bonuses and bonuses during a potential lockout season. Give me 22 year old Sebastian Aho or Matthew Tkachuk over 28 year old Artemi Panarin.

Iím curious to see if we could big boy a small market team like Carolina or Calgary and offer sheet one of their RFAs laden with large signing bonuses and bonuses during a potential lockout season. Give me 22 year old Sebastian Aho or Matthew Tkachuk over 28 year old Artemi Panarin.

I doubt they wanna give up 3 or 4 1st round picks at this point in the rebuild...I could see an offer sheet on Johanson or Kapanen in Toronto though where you might get one of those guys for a 2nd rounder. With Panarin it's just cap space, no subtraction from your draft picks.

According to cap friendly.com an offersheet of 8-10 mil. would cost 2-1st Rd picks, 1-2nd Rd pick and 1-3rd Rd pick. Anything over 10.15 mil. is 4-1st Rd picks. Maybe thereís some room there as far as what we can and/or should be able to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    According to cap friendly.com an offersheet of 8-10 mil. would cost 2-1st Rd picks, 1-2nd Rd pick and 1-3rd Rd pick. Anything over 10.15 mil. is 4-1st Rd picks. Maybe thereís some room there as far as what we can and/or should be able to offer.
    Yes but those teams will match anything in that range, all you end up doing is pissing off the GM for no reason. I just dont see it happening. I'm not sure giving up even 2 first rounders would be something we would want to do, look at Ottawa, they may have handed Hughes to Colorado and theres a chance we could be bottom of the league again next year.
    Last edited by bsi; 03-20-2019 at 01:10 AM.

All depends, if itís Mathews, Marner, Laine, and maybe, maybe Point or Ratanen then I would take the 4-1st Rders as a loss. With any of these guys we would be a playoff team and therefore those 1st Rders would be in the 20ís. Thereís no way we/they would get a superstar in that spot.

For the 2-1st Rders, 1-2 Rders, & 1-3 Rder I would do if itís Mathew Tkachuk, Kasperi Kapanen, Aho, Werenski.

I wouldnít worry about who iím pissing off, GMs are being hired and fired a lot lately. So chances are that person wonít be the GM for long. Especially if they end up losing a key player. And they should be fired for not getting a contract extension worked out before the player reached RFA status.

As far as Ottawa goes, that was all both Hoffman and Karlssonís fault. Had they acted like adults Ottawa would have been a playoff team.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 03-20-2019 at 12:48 PM.

I doubt they wanna give up 3 or 4 1st round picks at this point in the rebuild...I could see an offer sheet on Johanson or Kapanen in Toronto though where you might get one of those guys for a 2nd rounder. With Panarin it's just cap space, no subtraction from your draft picks.
    Panarin will be 28 when this contract begins and almost 36 when it ends, and will cost 11Mil per season until then. Giving up two firsts, a second, and a third and less money to a player who has a better chance of living up to the contract is worth that, especially considering you could recoup most those assets you gave up by trading Kreider, who might be on his way out the door for the very same reason that I would be afraid to commit to Panarin. You might already be almost halfway there if the Stars re-sign Zucc which appears to be possible.

My original point was that Iím not sure a team like Carolina or Calgary could match if they have to pay a hefty bonus up front at signing and then again in a season where there could potentially be no income due to a lockout. A team that could withstand the prohibitive cost of doing so could potentially steal a superstar.

Iím not afraid of the potential to miss out on a top 5 pick because youíre guaranteed to get a player thatís worth a top 5 pick for his prime years instead paying a player for past success. Ottawa looks really bad because they traded that pick for a year and a half of Matt Duchene and everything else thatís happened to the organization has compounded that mistake.

Panarin will be 28 when this contract begins and almost 36 when it ends, and will cost 11Mil per season until then. Giving up two firsts, a second, and a third and less money to a player who has a better chance of living up to the contract is worth that, especially considering you could recoup most those assets you gave up by trading Kreider, who might be on his way out the door for the very same reason that I would be afraid to commit to Panarin. You might already be almost halfway there if the Stars re-sign Zucc which appears to be possible.

My original point was that Iím not sure a team like Carolina or Calgary could match if they have to pay a hefty bonus up front at signing and then again in a season where there could potentially be no income due to a lockout. A team that could withstand the prohibitive cost of doing so could potentially steal a superstar.

Iím not afraid of the potential to miss out on a top 5 pick because youíre guaranteed to get a player thatís worth a top 5 pick for his prime years instead paying a player for past success. Ottawa looks really bad because they traded that pick for a year and a half of Matt Duchene and everything else thatís happened to the organization has compounded that mistake.

I don't see it happening really, I feel anything we offer will get matched.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12