Sat. 16 at Minnesota Wild 8:00 PM ET
    Tue. 19 vs. Detroit Red Wings 7:00 PM ET
    Sat. 23 at Toronto Maple Leafs 7:00 PM ET
    Mon. 25 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 7:00 PM ET
    Wed. 27 at Boston Bruins 7:30 PM ET
    Fri. 29 vs. St. Louis Blues 7:00 PM ET
    Sun. 31 at Philadelphia Flyers 12:30 PM ET

Continuing our conversation from the February Thread:

Yeah, Namestnikov looked really good. Bickley, Smith( playing forward again), Hejuk, and Lemieux has their moments.

I would love to see Quinn give DeAngelo a shot at the forward position, I wonder how good he could be BUT I know Smith playing the forward is Gortons way of building his trade value and DeAngelos trade value is at its highest as a righthanded defense( hopefully we keep him).
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 03-02-2019 at 02:36 PM.

I'm watching NHL network Friday morning and Guy Boucher is on complaining about how his team hit posts,didn't get calls,and got over ruled on a high stick which disallowed a goal,,,and I'm saying to myself "geez I know your team sucks but whining like that is the kind of attitude that'll get your butt fired,,,soooooooo guess who gets fired a few hours later???? I'm not saying this horror show of an organazation is his fault,, I'm just glad our coach doesn't make up excuses for us

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I'm watching NHL network Friday morning and Guy Boucher is on complaining about how his team hit posts,didn't get calls,and got over ruled on a high stick which disallowed a goal,,,and I'm saying to myself "geez I know your team sucks but whining like that is the kind of attitude that'll get your butt fired,,,soooooooo guess who gets fired a few hours later???? I'm not saying this horror show of an organazation is his fault,, I'm just glad our coach doesn't make up excuses for us
    Maybe he was trying to get fired to rid himself of that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    Maybe he was trying to get fired to rid himself of that mess.
    I will agree it is a horror show,it would be a shame if they got to ahead of us

I applaud Georgiev for helping our tank efforts in the shootout yesterday. Stay competitive, but lose..... that should be the motto down the stretch.

Getting a point doesn’t help us, we need to take home zeroes to drop in the standings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Getting a point doesn’t help us, we need to take home zeroes to drop in the standings.
    Especially this month, in which we play a bunch of the teams we are jockeying with for draft position. Winning against them hurts double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys -- Totally off topic, but have been meaning to address this:

I know I don't come on here nearly as much as I used to due to work, but I wanted to let you Rangers posters in here know what an absolute pleasure it is to talk hockey with you all in this Rangers forum. You all give honest opinions, and even when you disagree, you're respectful of other's views and never name call. I've tried to get involved in the forums of the other local sports teams I root for, but the disrespect and negativity that takes place in there is mind boggling and such a turn off... I really is a shame.

Anyways -- Just wanted to let you all know that I enjoy reading all of your posts and opinions, and felt I should share.

LGR!

From me personally: I appreciate the complement, you’ve been here as long as I have if not longer and have helped making this forum what it is, one of our leaders who has set the example. So I thank you as well.

On the flip side it’s been quite here for a bit. Only thing i’ve seen is us signing Joey Keane to his entry level contract and Kravstovs KHL team won’t let him out of his contract—which doesn’t officially end till the KHL playoffs are over. The reason being is should there be an NHL lockout or he decides to go back to the KHL they will own his rights and he will have to return to them.

If we end up signing this guy, we need to call him Fudd.

I love these types of upside pickups BTW:

https://elitesportsny.com/2019/03/14...of-whl-report/
    The New York Rangers are reportedly close to signing RW Jacob Elmer of the WHL, per a report from Bob McKenzie of TSN.

Elmer is a UFA currently playing for the Lethbridge Hurricanes of the WHL.

His birthday is a special case, as he can be signed to an Entry Level NHL Contract of three years starting next season. If he was born just a day later, he would have been draft eligible. This seems to be exactly what the Rangers could be looking for.

The right-handed right winger has spent bits and pieces of four seasons in the Western Hockey League, with the last two being consistent. He was first acquired by the Regina Pats in the sixth round of the WHL draft.

He was then sent to the Kootenay Ice, before being traded to Lethbridge. In that time he has seen 202 games of action and has contributed 131 points in the WHL, with 63 goals and 68 assists.

This season, however, has been a career year thus far for the Calgary native. Through 66 games, he has 38 goals and 40 assists for 78 points. These stats put him as the fourth-highest scorer on the Hurricanes.

Elmer leads the team however in shorthanded goals. He currently has six and is narrowly in third in shots on goal with 245. Even more, he has notched two hat-tricks under his belt this season. Elmer is currently riding a 16-game point streak for the WHL franchise.

The Rangers are very shorthanded with right-handed shots on the right wing. Elmer has shown he can score and score in bunches. As the rebuild rages on, this signing makes total sense for the Blueshirts. Now, it’s just going to be a guessing game regarding if the Rangers will pull the trigger.

More on Fudd from BSB this morning. Sounds like this is a definite signing:

The Rangers are on the verge of signing WHL forward Jake Elmer to an entry-level contract, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.

Elmer, 20, plays right wing for the Lethbridge Hurricanes. The 6’1 forward has 38 goals and 40 assists in 60 games. By WHL standards, Elmer is a well-rounded player. He’s a decent skater and has pretty good skill on the puck. He can beat defenders on his own to create offense. His wrist shot consistently beats goaltenders and he can set up some creative passes for teammates. Though he’s not an overwhelming physical presence, he does backcheck hard and fights for pucks.

Blueshirt Banter reported back on February 26th that the Rangers had sent four scouts to watch Lethbridge play Saskatoon, and in that game Elmer was, in my view, the best player on the ice.

There are reasons to be skeptical of Elmer’s long-term potential. He is centered by Dylan Cozens, whom some scouts are ranking as high as third overall for the 2019 NHL Draft. Suffice to say that Elmer has benefitted from Cozen’s presence. He is also a 20-year-old in a league full of teenagers and has an underwhelming prior track record; Elmer recorded just 53 points in his previous 116 WHL games coming into the 2018-2019 season. When a nondescript player suddenly starts producing points as an overager on a line with a blue-chip prospect the alarm bells start to ring.

There are reasons to believe in Elmer’s upside, though. For most of his WHL career he played on the Kootenay Ice, who have been absolutely terrible. Not exactly a great spot for someone like Elmer to produce points. He was traded to Lethbridge last season but mostly received depth minutes. Could it be that Elmer simply needed an opportunity in an offensive role to blossom?

And while Cozens has certainly helped Elmer’s cause, but I don’t think he is merely riding coattails here. As the prior clips should show, Elmer is capable of creating his own offense.

Elmer is hardly a grand slam of an addition, but he is a worthwhile no-risk gamble. The Rangers currently have just 43 of 50 contract slots filled, and that number will likely increase in the summer as the Rangers cut ties with some minor leaguers who have worn out their welcome. As such, they have plenty of room for a decent lower-tier prospect who should have enough ability and hockey IQ to make for a competent pro player.

Here are some further thoughts on Elmer from a scout in Western Canada:

“Decent gamble. Certainly a bit of a late bloomer. Good IQ. Good level of skill. Anyone signed at this point is certainly more organizational filler than surefire NHLer but he’s a better bet than they’ve made in the past.”
    https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...s-dylan-cozens

Righthanded, 6’1” 175 lbs. Plays physical and is not afraid to fight. Is 20 yrs old. A David Quinn type player.Won’t cost anything but money, why not! Maybe we get lucky and end up with the 3-5 pick in the draft and end up with Dylan Cozens( another righthanded physical player, only a little bigger at 6’3”) as well.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 03-15-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Righthanded, 6’1” 175 lbs. Plays physical and is not afraid to fight. Is 20 yrs old. A David Quinn type player.Won’t cost anything but money, why not! Maybe we get lucky and end up with the 3-5 pick in the draft and end up with Dylan Cozens( another righthanded physical player, only a little bigger at 6’3”) as well.
    Really like Cozens. If we get the third pick, I hope it’s him.

So I was looking at the list of FAs for this summer. Totally forgot Jordan Eberle is one of them. He’s having a pretty awful year. He’s got 14G 17A 31P and a -9 in +/- rating in 68 games this year, representing his lowest scoring totals of his career including his rookie season and the lockout season.

I wonder what it would take to sign him. Right handed top six scoring winger. All of the talk has been on Panarin, but Eberle could be a significantly cheaper option, and allow some flexibility to make a move to improve the top of the defensive depth chart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast