Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1838

Chicago Cubs 2019 Minor League News, Notes and Updates

Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo617 View Post
    Minor league structure changes being considered.

http://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2...ing-the-draft/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I think I hate that. I agree with Brett that the more places that have baseball teams the better. The more players teams can bring into their system, the better. Iíd imagine this will also align with a proposal to move IFA to an international draft and raise the age of eligible players from 16 to 18 so less players are in farm systems. I donít hate raising the age, but I donít like the idea of an International draft and really donít hope it happens in 2020 with the Cubs linked to the possible #1 prospect.

It reads like a lot of effort to raise minor league salaries and not spend more money.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I think I hate that. I agree with Brett that the more places that have baseball teams the better. The more players teams can bring into their system, the better. Iíd imagine this will also align with a proposal to move IFA to an international draft and raise the age of eligible players from 16 to 18 so less players are in farm systems. I donít hate raising the age, but I donít like the idea of an International draft and really donít hope it happens in 2020 with the Cubs linked to the possible #1 prospect.

It reads like a lot of effort to raise minor league salaries and not spend more money.
    I actually think you can probably make player development more efficient when you can put your resources into guys who aren't just org filler. I'd love for minor league players to get a living wage and for fringe guys to move on from the game into something more viable more easily. That said, I'm not sure how good this is for the long-term health of the game. Baseball is a local sport. Having it in as many markets as you can is what can keep it relevant.

I'd dislike that a lot. Local baseball can mean the world to some of those folks.

The Battered Bastards of Baseball can show that. Wonderful documentary on Netflix, for those who haven't seen it, of the last independent AAA team in baseball.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NoChiInChamp View Post
    I actually think you can probably make player development more efficient when you can put your resources into guys who aren't just org filler. I'd love for minor league players to get a living wage and for fringe guys to move on from the game into something more viable more easily. That said, I'm not sure how good this is for the long-term health of the game. Baseball is a local sport. Having it in as many markets as you can is what can keep it relevant.
    We agree on the negative impact of taking it out of markets.

I donít really agree with it being a potentially good thing to force more players out of the game earlier. Iím sure itís cheaper to have less levels of minor leagues, so itís efficient, but I think itís a negative. If it leads to an International Draft as I suspect, that could also hurt the game. Every team can play in the IFA market. If the draft is tied to team performance itís just another incentive for teams to tank and not spend money on players.

Would they still have a DSL?

Also hasnít there been an increase in the amount of HS players signing with mlb teams over going to college in recent years? Thatíll be hard to maintain without low levels of the minor leagues. If Iím mlb I want to get as many of these guys into the system as I can, not push them to college baseball.
    Last edited by CP_414; 10-18-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Dugmet Guest
    We agree on the negative impact of taking it out of markets.

I donít really agree with it being a potentially good thing to force more players out of the game earlier. Iím sure itís cheaper to have less levels of minor leagues, so itís efficient, but I think itís a negative. If it leads to an International Draft as I suspect, that could also hurt the game. Every team can play in the IFA market. If the draft is tied to team performance itís just another incentive for teams to tank and not spend money on players.

Would they still have a DSL?

Also hasnít there been an increase in the amount of HS players signing with mlb teams over going to college in recent years? Thatíll be hard to maintain without low levels of the minor leagues. If Iím mlb I want to get as many of these guys into the system as I can, not push them to college baseball.
    unlikely they would delete complex-based rookie league teams like GCL and AFL. DSL is here to stay as well. In all these cases teams have built complexes and invested significant money. Teams and leagues mist at risk are probably Northwest League and New York Penn League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So whatís this rumor of Correa/Reddick for Luis Castillo? If weíre trading KB, isnít this the type of deal weíd be looking for with another minor leaguer added in?

http://twitter.com/DEvanAltman/statu...61182853943296

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

BA released their top 100 list today.

37. Marquez
    40. Hoerner
    94. Davis

I imagine Amaya was pretty close. Not bad for a farm system with ďnobody.Ē

I think MLB.com and Lawís lists come out next week. Iíd guess BA is the highest on Marquez. Law thinks heís a reliever and Callis seems 50/50 on it.

I think mlb.com dropped Nico a little, too. They had Jeter Downs ahead of him on the SS list today. They probably have Nico, Amaya, Marquez in the back half of the top 100 and Davis probably just off.
    Last edited by CP_414; 01-22-2020 at 03:41 PM.

BA released their top 100 list today.

37. Marquez
    40. Hoerner
    94. Davis

I imagine Amaya was pretty close. Not bad for a farm system with ďnobody.Ē

I think MLB.com and Lawís lists come out next week. Iíd guess BA is the highest on Marquez. Law thinks heís a reliever and Callis seems 50/50 on it.

I think mlb.com dropped Nico a little, too. They had Jeter Downs ahead of him on the SS list today. They probably have Nico, Amaya, Marquez in the back half of the top 100 and Davis probably just off.
    3 Top 100 prospects? Not bad.

What a jump from being unranked to #37 overall for Brailyn.

Canít wait to see him continue his success and make some moves this year

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    3 Top 100 prospects? Not bad.

What a jump from being unranked to #37 overall for Brailyn.

Canít wait to see him continue his success and make some moves this year
    A little disappointed that Amaya lost some love.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    A little disappointed that Amaya lost some love.
    It really doesn't make sense unless they dont believe he will stick behind the plate. Dude had a very healthy line in a tough league at a young age. To not even be top 100 is folly to me.

From that BP list: (Bryant trade rumor names)
    Braves - Waters (36), Anderson (44), Wright (64), Pache is top 15.

Phillies - Howard and Bohm are back to back in the late 20s

Nats - Kieboom is 15th

Dodgers - Lux is top 5, May is 20, 5 more between 81-97

Díbacks - Varsho (53), Perdomo (72), Robinson (74), Thomas (87), Carroll (90)

Those Braves rankings are worse than I expected.

MLB Pipeline is releasing their Top 100 Prospects list right now on MLB Network.

The Cubs (as we expected it to be) have 4 Top 100 Prospects:

Nico Hoerner (51)
    Brailyn Marquez (68)
    Brennen Davis (78)
    Miguel Amaya (95)

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    MLB Pipeline is releasing their Top 100 Prospects list right now on MLB Network.

The Cubs (as we expected it to be) have 4 Top 100 Prospects:

Nico Hoerner (51)
    Brailyn Marquez (68)
    Brennen Davis (78)
    Miguel Amaya (95)
    4 top 100s is nice. Maybe people will stop acting like this is the worst farm system in baseball soon.