Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168
Results 2,506 to 2,517 of 2517
    LOL some fans wanting "non-minimal" moves but unwilling to move top prospects. I'm not sure how that works, but I'm open to being educated.

FWIW, I'm of the "do something impactful or don't even bother" school of thought. YMMV, and I get that.

Minimal or non-minimal, this roster could use an outfield upgrade. Or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Minimal or non-minimal, this roster could use an outfield upgrade. Or two.
    Definitely.

Heyward is the only one that has any business being an everyday player from that outfield.

Quote Originally Posted by cubbie5150 View Post
    LOL some fans wanting "non-minimal" moves but unwilling to move top prospects. I'm not sure how that works, but I'm open to being educated.

FWIW, I'm of the "do something impactful or don't even bother" school of thought. YMMV, and I get that.
    Depends on what's out there. The market is looking pretty thin to me. Idk that there's too many guys besides Merrifield that really move the needle all that much for the Cubs right now, so if moving that needle requires moving Nico+ then idk if it's something I'm interested in. Even a David Peralta move could cost us Amaya+ for all we know. While those valuations might be fair, I just don't know that they get us to where we need to anyway. I'm fine with preserving the future. I think this team can win just as it's built. So yeah, if we get some value trades and call it a deadline and hold onto all our big name prospects I'll take it.

Never doubted this team for a minute #WeAreSTILLGood

Free Agent and Ideas Thread: Spring Training and Early Season Edition

I dont want any rental that costs any prospect of significance. If its a controlled player then Id be willing to trade better prospects. Merrifield would be the #1, but Ken Giles would be great. I like Seth Lugo. Peralta is fine but it would need to be for Schwarber or paired with a Schwarber trade.

I think you have to buy when you are leading the division, but they havent been good enough to give up significant prospects for a guy like Will Smith. So either buy players that will also impact 2020 and beyond or just add at the margins.
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-13-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I dont want any rental that costs any prospect of significance. If its a controlled player then Id be willing to trade better prospects. Merrifield would be the #1, but Ken Giles would be great. I like Seth Lugo. Peralta is fine but it would need to be for Schwarber or paired with a Schwarber trade.

I think you have to buy when you are leading the division, but they havent been good enough to give up significant prospects for a guy like Will Smith. So either buy players that will also impact 2020 and beyond or just add at the margins.
    Still think Kole Calhoun ain't a bad idea if we can't get a center fielder. At least he holds his own in RF and gives us an average bat on a regular basis. Should cost very little.

Never doubted this team for a minute #WeAreSTILLGood

Free Agent and Ideas Thread: Spring Training and Early Season Edition

Offensively I think Castellanos helps a lot and I dont think hed take a lot to acquire, but you can probably only get him if Schwarber is used in another deal. If the Cubs get to October theyll likely be facing the Braves with Keuchel and Fried starting 3/5 games, then Ryu, Kershaw, Urias, Maybe Rich Hill with the Dodgers. They need to do better vs LHP.
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-13-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Offensively I think Castellanos helps a lot and I dont think hed take a lot to acquire, but you can probably only get him if Schwarber is used in another deal. If the Cubs get to October theyll likely be facing the Braves with Keuchel and Fried starting 3/5 games, then Ryu, Kershaw, Urias with the Dodgers. They need to do better vs LHP.
    Yeah I think Castellanos is heating up and his numbers suffer from being in a bad lineup. Hes hitting 2nd. The bottom of the lineup is terrible so he doesnt get many rbi chances. He has Miggy hitting behind him, but hes not the same player he use to be. Castellanos already has 30 doubles, that really stands out to me. Hes tied with Bell for the major league lead in that. I think hed be a great get for the right price considering hes a rental. Joining a first place championship team can do wonders for a good hitter in a terrible lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Yeah I think Castellanos is heating up and his numbers suffer from being in a bad lineup. Hes hitting 2nd. The bottom of the lineup is terrible so he doesnt get many rbi chances. He has Miggy hitting behind him, but hes not the same player he use to be. Castellanos already has 30 doubles, that really stands out to me. Hes tied with Bell for the major league lead in that. I think hed be a great get for the right price considering hes a rental. Joining a first place championship team can do wonders for a good hitter in a terrible lineup.
    I would be fine with Castellanos. As long as he is not costing top assets. I am in the minority here, but all I want is the best right handed bat they can find for an inexpensive price. I do not want to lose any of the core players or have that bat replace any. Just play the righ handed bat when facing tough lefties. I am not in favor of trading Schwarber or anyone better or even the top 5 or 6 guys in the system. Maybe my opinion is not the popular one, but IMO they have enough to win the division now. And I would like to see the core stick together a little longer. Sure, a solid right handed bat helps. But not one that costs considerable assets or one that replaces Schwarber.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I dont really care about his RBI but vs LHP hes hitting .368/.448/.632 with a 181 wRC+. In his career vs LHP he hits .301/.356/.513 with a 133 wRC+.

Hes alright against RHP, too. The defense is an issue but offensively I think hed be a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I would be fine with Castellanos. As long as he is not costing top assets. I am in the minority here, but all I want is the best right handed bat they can find for an inexpensive price. I do not want to lose any of the core players or have that bat replace any. Just play the righ handed bat when facing tough lefties. I am not in favor of trading Schwarber or anyone better or even the top 5 or 6 guys in the system. Maybe my opinion is not the popular one, but IMO they have enough to win the division now. And I would like to see the core stick together a little longer. Sure, a solid right handed bat helps. But not one that costs considerable assets or one that replaces Schwarber.
    Castellanos is a guy that should play everyday and he would have to play LF. I really believe Schwarber will turn into a good hitter with a ton of power but how long can we wait for that in win now mode? I just dont know.