Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 163 of 168 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2517
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    But we can beat the Dodgers with or without Whit. I agree we do not have to be better than them, during the season. Just in a 7 games series.

I agree that Whit would be an awesome get for the Cubs. But because they do not have a deep system, not for the cost. Not for this team, where they are now.

I think that had I explained myself better you might have agreed with the entire post. Do you agree now?
    I agree with you to a certain extent. I think your main point is: Getting Whit does not make us better than the dodgers, and giving up the prospects to get him probably will hurt us more in the long run than it could help in the short run. I think thatís a great point, but you canít be unwilling to make your team better now, because youíre worried about two years from now, or hell even one year from now. Whit makes us a better team, he does stuff that nobody else on this team does. He is a legit leadofff hitter with speed that gets a ton of hits. Do you remember how big Dexter was for us in 16? The whole You go, We go motto? Thatís the same kind of vibe I get when I think about Whit Merrifield in this lineup.

I think it all comes down to making a choice about who and where you want to be. You can make moves that will help you in the future, or you can make moves that help you now and maybe jeopardizes the future a bit. Youíre not guaranteed next year, youíre not guaranteed health next year, youíre not guaranteed anything. We are in first place now, this year. Add a couple of players of need and clean up the sloppiness and I really believe we can give any team a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    What about Logan Forsythe of the Rangers? I think he would be a nice alternative to Whit.
    The only thing he has going for him is a good obp at .364. He doesnít hit for a good average, he has no power, he doesnít drive in runs, he doesnít have speed. He just really does nothing for me. He shouldnít even be in the same sentence as Merrifield, and yes I know you said alternative, but I would rather trot out Garcia everyday than Forsythe. Atleast Garcia can probably run into 15-20 hrs before the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    The only thing he has going for him is a good obp at .364. He doesnít hit for a good average, he has no power, he doesnít drive in runs, he doesnít have speed. He just really does nothing for me. He shouldnít even be in the same sentence as Merrifield, and yes I know you said alternative, but I would rather trot out Garcia everyday than Forsythe. Atleast Garcia can probably run into 15-20 hrs before the season ends.
    I'm not comparing the two, I'm saying as an alternative. If the Cubs won't go big on an offensive trade then improving on the margin is the alternate course of action. As sad as it sounds, Logan would be an upgrade over Russell/DD.
    Screw sabermetics.

I'm not comparing the two, I'm saying as an alternative. If the Cubs won't go big on an offensive trade then improving on the margin is the alternate course of action. As sad as it sounds, Logan would be an upgrade over Russell/DD.
    Yeah heís an upgrade over Ady and DD, but Garcia is a much better hitter and Ady is a good defensive replacement. I donít think Logan does anything for us. I would rather Sogard over Logan if thatís the route theyíre going to go, I guess.

And he is on a team who is not selling.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    It would be less than that. Arenado got a 7/$234 extension with 1 year and $26 mil left on his deal. KB has 2 years left on his this offseason. I think something like 9/$275 still sounds about right.
    But why wouldnít KBís agent just say, look what Bryce Harper got, KB is arguably better at the dish and at the field.

Same thing with what Machado just got.

Donít get me wrong would love to have him locked at 275.

If it comes to making KB the highest paid player in the league, the Cubs more or less have to do it. Canít lose KB.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    But why wouldnít KBís agent just say, look what Bryce Harper got, KB is arguably better at the dish and at the field.

Because those guys were free agents. KB isnít, so he doesnít have the same leverage. They were also 26 signing long term deals. KB will be 30 if he hits free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post

Arenado is a much easier comp in terms of age at agreement, production, and position.

Letís pump the brakes on Garcia being 15-20 hrs by year end. If he hits 10 Iíll be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Letís pump the brakes on Garcia being 15-20 hrs by year end. If he hits 10 Iíll be shocked.
    I didnít say he was going to be a star. I just said it wouldnít surprise me if he ran into 15-20. He already has two if he gets the majority of the starts, itís not that crazy? Iím not saying heís the answer, I just replied back to somebody who mentioned Logan Forsythe and said Iíd rather play Robel everyday because heís a better hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    I mean, depends on the time frame. I don't think it would be crazy for Robel to hit 15 home runs the rest of the way with enough PAs. He's clearly got very real game power. The ball is jumping this year.

The question for me more than anything; will he strike out so much that A) those home runs are largely meaningless B) if he'll ever get the PAs to show that power.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Basically the question isn't if Garcia is a good baseball player. It's whether he's better than the human dumpster fire that has played second for the Cubs, and if whoever hates Bote continues to keep him on the bench

If Garcia gets the ABs heís going to clear 10 HRs

The question becomes, does he strike out 35% of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by CubsInBuffalo View Post
    If Garcia gets the ABs heís going to clear 10 HRs

The question becomes, does he strike out 35% of the time?
    I think the question is does that number touch 40

Fastballs are gonna stop coming, I would imagine pretty quickly