Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    My two cents: Ivy literally had nothing to gain by this trade. He thought he was still playing for something so he made a move he thought made him better. Trading shouldn't have even still been allowed, as it's never been before, and certainly nobody had explained any of this to him. The confusion with the whole draft order thing also certainly didn't help. Seems more lack of communication then anything.
    Thatís where I stand, but yet Iím getting accused of lying about knowing the rules. This is literally the first year Iíve played in this league. The thing is I totally understand where heís coming from, I just didnít appreciate the way he went about it and calling me a cheater and such when Iím not. I would never jump to a conclusion like that on someone I donít even know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two cents: Ivy literally had nothing to gain by this trade. He thought he was still playing for something so he made a move he thought made him better. Trading shouldn't have even still been allowed, as it's never been before, and certainly nobody had explained any of this to him. The confusion with the whole draft order thing also certainly didn't help. Seems more lack of communication then anything.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    I didnít change the settings. But I feel pretty confident about winning regardless of Voits contributions. Iím not bragging here but I managed to beat your team pretty soundly, even with Yelich occupying a lineup spot.

I think Iíve done a pretty good job as commish considering I took over about two or three weeks prior to the season starting and managed to get all the needed teams and payments. But if this is that big of a deal Iíd be happy to give the spot to someone else. Trying to get one particular person to pay has been a pain anyways. So Iím totally willing to give that gig to another user.
    If you changed the settings to alter the way drafts were being handled in the future, I.E. next year's draft positions based on past season places, then that probably killed the trade deadline. Possible it killed the trade deadline if you chose the option to deal draft picks in the future.

Both of those options mirror more "Dynasty League" Settings where there are no trade deadlines because you can trade in the offseason. Much different than yearly redraft settings.

Just throwing in my recollection from years of playing in the league, but I was certain we had a trade deadline and that was not inherited as previously stated.

Just an outside perspective, but that's how I view it.

New guy to the league that never played before in past years, so unfamiliar on how things were. He most likely thought he was making the trade, playing to better his draft slot for next year.

Just my opinion though.

If you guys need a guy next year, I'm interested. Whether it's expansion or replacing a guy.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    If you guys need a guy next year, I'm interested. Whether it's expansion or replacing a guy.

Thanks.
    Absolutely. We had ten members this year and ideally next year we can reach 12. That way the free agent pool wont be so deep.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I, for one, am not accusing you of cheating. I just gave my two cents that it doesn't look good. I'd imagine if you were trying to "cheat" you'd go after a far bigger fish than Voit. I also believe that most people here had no idea that the next draft would have anything to do with season finish. Hell, I haven't checked my team since the playoffs started. We've never done previous standings for the next draft. Since that wasn't communicated up front, that should go away.
    Would you be interested in basing draft order with final season standings starting next season? That was an idea I had a while back that I thought would allow for people to still put effort into their roster even after they're eliminated.

Also since you talk with TA fairly regularly can you get him to either DM or post his email here so he can pay the 100 dollars owed. As of now Leaguesafe only has 400 dollars of the needed 500.
    Doesn't make much sense to have final standings determine draft order, especially if there's a bunch of turnover year to year. The way you're talking about it, I assume first place would get first pick next year which makes no sense as well. If you're going to do that it should be first place gets last pick but then that would motivate teams that have no chance to tank at the end of the season for a better draft pick.

Just my two cents. I've been playing fantasy baseball for over a decade. Trade deadline has always been well before fantasy playoffs start and standings never have determined draft order.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Absolutely. We had ten members this year and ideally next year we can reach 12. That way the free agent pool wont be so deep.
    Thanks, bud.

Before I get too interested, is this a CAT league or a points league?

I no longer do CAT leagues, as I prefer H2H points leagues much more. I will go as far as saying that I dislike CAT leagues.
    Last edited by thawv; 09-23-2019 at 08:51 AM.

I call conspiracy and demand my buy-in money back.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I call conspiracy and demand my buy-in money back.
    Dude I won the league fair and square with Canha at first base. Iím pretty sure I would have won the matchup even if first base had no player in my lineup.

Iím going to wait a bit more time to hand out the leaguesafe money since weíre 100 dollars short because of needing a TA payment.

Anyways if someone wants to take over as commish next year theyíre welcome to it. Then they can try to collect money from everyone and try to fill the last needed roster spots.

Dude I won the league fair and square with Canha at first base. Iím pretty sure I would have won the matchup even if first base had no player in my lineup.

Iím going to wait a bit more time to hand out the leaguesafe money since weíre 100 dollars short because of needing a TA payment.

Anyways if someone wants to take over as commish next year theyíre welcome to it. Then they can try to collect money from everyone and try to fill the last needed roster spots.
    Just talked to him, heís checking in tomorrow.

Pay up you hack!

Pay up you hack!
    Am I correct in assuming your team is the Poo Squad? Just looking to make sure I'm giving the correct person 25 percent of the 400 dollar pot.

Also if I ever get TA's 100 dollars I will send you 25 from that as well.

Am I correct in assuming your team is the Poo Squad? Just looking to make sure I'm giving the correct person 25 percent of the 400 dollar pot.

Also if I ever get TA's 100 dollars I will send you 25 from that as well.
    I'm being sarcastic ya donut

I'm being sarcastic ya donut
    *Cronut. 100 dollar payment sent.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast