Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    AB with Adams would be what this offense needs buuuttttt I don’t see us taking a chance on a basket case like that with a young first year head coach who doesn’t have the experience to deal with someone like that. Last thing this team needs is a distraction while they’re trying to get things figured out under this new system.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    AB with Adams would be what this offense needs buuuttttt I don’t see us taking a chance on a basket case like that with a young first year head coach who doesn’t have the experience to deal with someone like that. Last thing this team needs is a distraction while they’re trying to get things figured out under this new system.
    Can’t disagree but I’d love him on the field

What a train wreck that whole situation in oakland turned into. Wow.

I hate how lucky the patriots always get. Can’t stand them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I hate how lucky the patriots always get. Can’t stand them.
    i honestly dont think its luck they just give no ****s about rules.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i honestly dont think its luck they just give no ****s about rules.
    Shady as h*ll and i hope the inept Comish can prove collusion.

I hate the pats bc they are always good

But I love them as an organization. I wish the packers made half the good moves the pats have the last 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    I hate the pats bc they are always good

But I love them as an organization. I wish the packers made half the good moves the pats have the last 10 years
    remember the time the Pats pantsed the Raiders with Randy Moss and the only thing the decrepit and senile Al Davis said was the guy in Green Bay didn't know how to evaluate talent?

and on this specific trade Al Davis was not wrong.
    Last edited by alabastertubby; 09-08-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    remember the time the Pats pantsed the Raiders with Randy Moss and the only thing the decrepit and senile Al Davis said was the guy in Green Bay didn't know how to evaluate talent?
    What does randy moss, the Raiders and the pats have to do with Green Bay?

And who is al Davis to talk about evaluating talent? He drafted Jamarcus Russell, and a whole bunch of bums just because they were fast. And... remember Charles Woodson?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    it was rumored the Raiders wanted a 4th rounder for Moss instead of the 5th rounder offered up by Ted. the Pats gave up the 4th and Green Bay drafted Allen Babre instead. oh, Al Davis was terrible at talent evaluation. but he was dead on when he said “You know how many teams turned him down? That guy in Green Bay thought he couldn’t run anymore. "

so i did a search on the Randy Moss trade to get my details straight. how many knew this? https://www.sbnation.com/2018/6/14/1...007-nfl-season An aaron-rodgers-randy-moss-trade?

or this? https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2869070. "Amid public grousing from Favre about the state of his team over
    the weekend, a report on the Fox Sports Web site, citing anonymous
    sources, said Favre's agent called Packers general manager Ted
    Thompson to request a trade a few days after last month's draft."

it was rumored the Raiders wanted a 4th rounder for Moss instead of the 5th rounder offered up by Ted. the Pats gave up the 4th and Green Bay drafted Allen Babre instead. oh, Al Davis was terrible at talent evaluation. but he was dead on when he said “You know how many teams turned him down? That guy in Green Bay thought he couldn’t run anymore. "

Is that really why ted Thompson didn’t want him or is that just Davis blowing smoke? I wouldn’t take anything al Davis said all that seriously to be honest, he was largely full of ****. I think it was largely personality issues with moss that Thompson didn’t want to deal with. People forget New England traded him away and then Minnesota cut him a couple weeks later because he couldn’t behave.

And who is al Davis to talk about evaluating talent? He drafted Jamarcus Russell, and a whole bunch of bums just because they were fast. And... remember Charles Woodson?
    Is that really why ted Thompson didn’t want him or is that just Davis blowing smoke? I wouldn’t take anything al Davis said all that seriously to be honest, he was largely full of ****. I think it was largely personality issues with moss that Thompson didn’t want to deal with. People forget New England traded him away and then Minnesota cut him a couple weeks later because he couldn’t behave.
    i think it was Ted staying true to his value/ trade chart. he viewed Moss at a 5th rounder and not a 4th. one of the articles said Moss took less money to go to the Pats.

i think it was Ted staying true to his value/ trade chart. he viewed Moss at a 5th rounder and not a 4th. one of the articles said Moss took less money to go to the Pats.
    Agree. And I don't think people give enough credit to how much of a game of chicken trades really are. Moss wasn't a huge asset when he was traded. Ted wasn't the only one who questioned what moss had left. So there may not have been a boatload of offers. But you better believe Davis was going to say everyone was interested. So he's always going to tell team that's better offer on the table to try to get you to up your offer. At some point you have to hold true to your valuation. Not saying it's right or wrong, but there's alot of bluffing and jockeying in that stuff.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast