Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not to just be argumentative, but to me he really hasn't even been good. He had a good game his rookie year vs cincy. But other than that, he's largely been non existant otherwise.

Agree he's going about it the wrong way though too. I believe he complained last year when he got healthy that he should have just been inserted back into the lineup over Brice because he was a 2nd round pick. But he did very little once he finally got into the lineup. He has had chances and hasn't done enough with them to warrant wanting to be traded.

And what is a better situation than here? I have no doubt savage is the long term starter and he has a decent chance of being a day 1 starter. But how many situations will Jones go to where his competition is worse than a 36 yr old CB and a rookie? He should be in camp and battling for a spot and if he had a good camp and doesn't get a starting nod then ask for a trade.

I wonder if more of it has to do with position? I don't think he wants to play as a linebacker and I think that is more the position they want him to play. I never agree with how they do this stuff, I don't think he really has any value right now though so I don't know what a trade would look like. maybe a 2021 condition 6th or something along those lines

an ugly draft gets worse. i agree with Bum. his value is conditional at best. http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...very-selection

I can understand him not wanting to play that hybrid lb role. He obviously believes heís more than a purely situational player. He has no leverage, but I see no upside for us in trying to slot him into some weird position like that. Seems like his attributes would suit him ok at slot, which were not loaded at, so why not try him there? Gets him on the field, which sounds like what he wants, and actually serves a purpose for us. Unless the guy really just isnít very good and was a bad pick.

He's not very good in coverage, so I can't see him as a slot. He plays his best when he's in a smallish area. The few times he's played well, he was making plays in the box. I get why he may not want to play an ilb type role, but I'm willing to bet just about every team that would be interested in him would be interested in him in that type of role. He's shown nothing as a true safety or coverage to make you comfortable with him anywhere but up in the box.

Andy Herman proposed on Twitter that he wondered if a Jones trade would look more like an undsrwhelming player for underwhelming player swap. He suggested pocic from the Seahawks, who was also a 2nd rounder in that same draft. Not sure he's exactly the answer, but that type of deal makes sense. Find another guy who might just need a change of scenery and see if a trade can work for both guys.

I would ignore his request and play him however Pettine sees fit. His value to the team in the box safety/mlb role and special teamer is more valuable than what we would get in a trade. If I were him, I'd use the previous draft as a wakeup call to improve instead of making a trade demand as an underperforming player on a rookie contract.

#iamgute

Sucks the dude wont even compete. Would've been nice to have a guy playing with a chip on his shoulder whether that be on ST or his hybrid S role. Instead he chose to fold and put himself ahead of the team proving he is a low character guy. Sad to see.

And it screws us. He's worth next to nothing on the trade market pick wise so hopefully they can find another player who's also in a precarious position. Pocic or whatever makes no sense cause IOL is pretty full at the moment. Id rather them go for a T if anything, or an ILB

Stanback nation alive and well. 200 yards and 3 tds on the 4th.
    Bring him back ****ers

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Stanback nation alive and well. 200 yards and 3 tds on the 4th.
    Bring him back ****ers
    #KeepHopeAlive

I hope he knows I'm the only person on Earth who's had him as an avatar for 2 years or whatever its been lol

And it's all out of pure laziness and started as a meme

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123