Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2019 Packers Players News

New year new thread. I realized today that I didn't put a new thread up.

This is for any extensions, cuts, trades, signings. We can still put individual threads up for major news but, this can be used for smaller stuff.

Packers waived Antonio Morrison. I believe that saves them 2mil in cap space

He was a solid player for us. Lang was cut we might be able to pick him up on a 1 year min. Im pretty sure almost all his money was guaranteed from lions. 1 year 2 mil if he dont retire.

And there talks of cutting perry, i think we should keep him to. Might go off agian, we just need to play him less, rather have perry at 11 mil or 8 mill cap hit then sign a lesser talent for the same money and be on the hook longer.

I mean, unless you're keeping perry through the end of the contract, youre taking the cap hit at some point.

To me, I'd get it over with this year on perry. He's not effective and always hurt. Free up the money instead of paying him his bonus and just get him off the books.

Perry needs to go. He’s been nothing but a waste from day 1. No sense in delaying the inevitable.

Agree with letting Perry go. I believe that clears out 11.1mil with a post june 1st designation, and we have dead cap hits of 3.7 for the next 3 years. Thats a solid deal. Take that money and invest all of it or some of it in one of the edge guys on the market and i highly doubt you will ever look back and think you should've kept perry instead. The new guy would have to have like 2 sacks for you to regret the decision.

Ill also never know why we can't ever get our guys to take paycuts, it makes zero sense to me. Many other teams have done it this past week but for some reason we never do. Not sure why. So just Cut him i guess

See your point.

Packers waived Nico Siragusa and Jason Thompson.

Siragusa's Knee must not be doing well cause that is really surprising. I thought he had a shot at being at least a back up here

JSonline is suggesting we trade mike Daniels. They make a pretty good case for it. I wonder if there’d be any takers and what we’d be able to get.

Yea the siragusa thing is surprising. He must be in rough shape. That being said, adding Jenkins and Madisona return potentially would have made it tough for him I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    JSonline is suggesting we trade mike Daniels. They make a pretty good case for it. I wonder if there’d be any takers and what we’d be able to get.
    Id say to just hold onto Daniels. I think the value of having him in the line rotation is more valuable than getting 8.3 mil back on the cap and at best a mid day 3 pick. We should have around 35 mil or so for next offseason anyway, with guys like Jimmy Graham and Lane taylor as potential cuts that woild clear out around 12 mil.

The report is he isn't the body type Gute wants anymore. He wants tall with long arms.

The report is also not a report so much as it is a writer making assumptions based upon draft profiles. Us drafting guys who don't physically resemble daniels doesn't necessarily mean we don't want daniels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast