Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Iíve seen some very exciting predictions for Swanson the last couple of days. If he and Albies can be top of the order hitters it will give us the lineup Iíd prefer!!
    Swanson
    Albies
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Donaldson
    Markakis
    Flowers
    Inciarte

Iíve also read a few positive thinks about Alex Jackson. One over on talking chop thinks he will get the call if McCann or Flowers gets hurt. We know Alex has talent, but to this point I canít say itís translated. He is one of the young guys I root for, so Iím hoping he is impressive enough to get a call up. Not hoping anyone gets hurt to make it happen. If Alexís bat has turned the corner, heíd have two really good veteran catchers to learn from. And oh my this offense could be nice! But a guy can dream!
    During the game the other day they were talking about how Jackson was told at the start of 2018 that all they wanted him to work on was calling the game, pitch framing, and receiving the ball. They told him if he improved in those areas he would start at AAA this year. That is exactly what has happened. So maybe his offensive struggles were due to little focus on that area of his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    During the game the other day they were talking about how Jackson was told at the start of 2018 that all they wanted him to work on was calling the game, pitch framing, and receiving the ball. They told him if he improved in those areas he would start at AAA this year. That is exactly what has happened. So maybe his offensive struggles were due to little focus on that area of his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I heard something like that and I do believe the Braves saw that as his biggest weakness and from what Iíve read it looks improved. However if he does indeed make it to the show this season, with neither McCann nor Flowers getting injured, I believe it will almost certainly have something to do with his bat coming around. Kid has always had tremendous power, Seattle even pushed him to the OF in an attempt to rush him to the bigs. An attempt that back fired! If he can become above avg defensively and that bat gets near what Seattle hoped for on draft night all those years ago, that would make this a hell of an offense to deal with. As I do think The other 6 above the batting order I posted will all be above avg. with Acuna, Freeman, and Donaldson all having at least a shot at being at the top of their respected positions.

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think the ceiling is for a guy like Alex Jackson is?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011